From: Shabaa Area: MagickNet To: Kandilokai Ach Ishte 8 Mar 97 16:48:40 Subject: Re: Solitaries? Darker Side o UpdReq > =>> One must believe in good to believe in evil. Without good as a > S=>> counterbalance, one could have no judgement of that which is evil, > S=>> methinks.. Same with light and dark... As for grey, yes, I believe > that > S=>> there are varying shades between the two sides. (There are things > that > S=>> are heavy and things that are light, but some things are heavier > that > S=>> others.. i.e. compared to a bowling ball, a basketball is light, > but > S=>> when you compare the basketball to beach ball, it is the basketball > that > S=>> is heavy. Is this not so?) > S=>So basically above you agreed....Correct?<> > I basically agreed above, except that I do not view what many refer to as > deities as such. To me there are certainly beings that are spiritually > my better, and far beyond my simple understanding. To me, however, they > are no more deities than I am to a cave man who sees me light a fire with > a pocket lighter, or sees me fly overhead on a hang-glider (as if any > would actually see me do so!) Shame you don't<> on the latter part! As far as the rest, it is just a means of realization or better put a representation for something understandable for us lowly humans! hehe > S=>> What would you define as dark magick? As compared to light magick? > I > S=>> tend to think of light magick as works that are defensive or benign > in > S=>> nature such as sight, and healing, and shielding, and so on. (kind > of > S=>> like stepping out of the way of a blow before a guy hits you, > putting a > S=>> bandaid on a scrape that you got building a wall to protect your > innocent > S=>> ones.) Dark majick I would tend to define as more offensive types > of > S=>> works, such as binding, purging, striking. the guy > S=>> who is trying to hit you before he can hit you, or blocking his > punch and > S=>> then hitting back, or drawing your sword and chasing him away to > protect > S=>> your innocent ones. > S=>I use whatever is neccesary at the time to achieve the end goal > whether it b > S=>passive(light) or active forceful(dark). > It seems that we agree here, though I generally think of them as active > and passive. Calling active "Dark" and passive "Light" assumes that > taking action is a bad thing. I do not believe that at all. Nor do I. > S=>> It sounds to me, from what you tell me... (Perhaps I read too much > into > S=>> your comment about protecting yourself and those who cannot protect > S=>> themselves, but even promoting your own growth points to this) that > you > S=>> are not so much as dark practitioner as you may think. It sounds to > me > S=>I think you did not have all the info you needed to make an > assessment, but > S=>you may have enough now to reconsider a bit.... I have given you more > to wor > S=>with, you asked the right question IMHO! > So far, I think I still have the same assessment. You do what it takes > to get the job done. You are assertive in that you will get the job done > by whatever means are appropriate and necessary. I'm still uncertain why > you refer to it as dark? I do the same things to get the job done, and > to protect those that are in my charge (among others that are not > necessarily directly in my charge) but I do not consider myself a dark > practitioner. I am simply a warrior, and a warrior must use all that is > at his means to accomplish his victory for whatever reason he feels he > must win. I do not cast protective spells over an individual, rather I take on the source head on for example....This is NOT in traditional keeping with the Wiccan way so to speak IMHO, remember the harm none....I do not believe that in protection of a person is always accomplished by not harming someone or something. Thus the openly willful deliberate harming of another thus dark. Although the ends is justified, the means, according to the Wiccan way is not. And no, I don't just hap-hazardly go throwing magick around, I consider well what it is before I do anything..... Although you may not know him or of him, ask Domino, he can tell you, for the most part I'm VERY laid back and considerate of situations and souls first. > S=>> magick, or innocent of the world, but innocent of the warriors way, > and > S=>> the battles the warrior will fight.) Without such innocents as > healers, > S=>> the warrior cannot stay fit for battle. Without such innocents as > seers, > S=>> the warrior cannot well know where the battle is, and how best to > fight > S=>> it. Often the warrior is misunderstood, and seen as a brute, who > knows > S=>> nothing except how to fight. Remember this. Without the Warrior, > there > S=>> would be no people, but without people there would be no reason for > the > S=>> Warrior. > S=>Agreement in complete! > So I am still confused, nay even more so, as to why you consider this a > dark path. What you do many must do for the sake of all. Because you are willing to harm another to meet the end goal. That's all. Abreq ad Hbra Shab 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718