From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 23 Jan 97 02:06:38 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq On Jan 19 22:38 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >> IF you haven't taken any oath to be broken you are not a warlock. S> I was not aware that was the ONLY standard by which one could be considered S> such.... In practice, it kind of is. I can see why you're using it to designate yourself as a "Dark Witch". But, the problem is that that use of the word is straight from Hollywood, and thus not respected by most practitioners. Perhaps it works for you, but be prepaired for the communication problems it will cause on the Nets and in Pagan communities. Blessed Be. -The Light which shines in Darkness, yet the Darkness comprehendeth It not. -Rejoice, for behold, all acts of Love and Pleasure are My rituals. Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 23 Jan 97 02:09:42 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq On Jan 19 22:50 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >> Since there are quite a few Wiccan trads, some of which explore the >> darker side of Wicca, you might be able to find some that mesh well with >> your own desires. How broadly have you looked? It is more likely from >> my experience that others with similar tendencies will be found as >> solitaries, though (otherwise I might be able to point you to such a >> trad -- but I don't have any contacts of that sort at this time). S> Not broadly enough I'm afraid.... Finding Wiccans is easy but finding darker S> sided ones is nearly impossible.... Congradulations. You've found one. Hello. ;) S> if I could just find that missing "something".... I do get great pleasure S> from many things the Wiccan Way offers, but there is something missing in it S> or me and I don't know what! If you are drawn to Dark Symolism, you probably get tired of all the sweetness and light put forth by most Wiccans you'll meet. But, that is not what Wicca is all about. There is both a Crone Goddess, and a Dark Lord of the Waning Sun- neither of whom are ANYTHING like sweetness and light. I've even heard rumours that Gardnerian Wicca contains an Oath-bound Mystery of the Fourth Face of the Goddess- that of the Dark Moon. S> Yeah and tripping on EVERY single pebble that gets under my feet on the way! S> *chortle* Good. You skin your knees enough to get tough skin. :) Blessed Be, may The Lord and Lady guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 23 Jan 97 02:13:36 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq On Jan 20 01:05 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >> However, as a point of history, I have once seen an argument that Warlock >> MOST anciently meant much the same as Wicce, Magus, Wizard, etc: ie, a >> Spiritual and Wise person. It was later given it's bad connotations much >> as the word "Witch" was. I am not certain if this is true- but the argument I >> saw for it was convincing. I wish I could remember where I saw it... S> I too have seen it but can't find it either.... I've seen it in print S> SOMEWHERE.... I'm not truely a Warlock per sey :-) via HIS definition but I S> have been learning more towards the darker side of magic.... This should S> clear up any mis-understandings... besides, I don't CARE WHAT you call me... S> just call me! *chortel* :) Like I said, if you choose to use the term to descibe yourself, you'll want to learn how to duck and cover. Hey, some people get off on that kind of thing. :) >> M> I would take it as a personal insult if someone called me a Warlock. >> I wouldn't. Again- most people using it are just ignorant. What insults >> me is their thinking they are partakers of the Mysteries when they are >> not. I've worked hard for my Path. S> Belive me... I am working VERY hard for mine.... it has been filled with S> MANY forks and turns and I'm sure the rest will as well.... I don't doubt it. You just seem to be wrestling with labels- which is understandable. Some say the labels aren't important; and in many respects they aren't. But, for communication you need them- so you have to struggle thorugh them to find out what's what. The kooks who think their all dark and evil and call themselves Warlocks come with a particular attitude that you lack. ;) >> M> Likewise, Magick is neither black or white, Magick -is-. A 'dark' >> brother is one who allows his will to be subverted by another person or >> organisation; one who is not true to themself. >> Now with this I TOTALLY disagree. I myself can be considered (in some >> aspects of my Trad) to be a Dark Pagan. Lilith is one of my Patrons, for >> example. I am very much aligned left-handed (so to speak). Everything >> has it's "Dark Side", and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with >> allowing your Will to be subverted. S> Thanks.... put nicely... I thought so. :) Blessed Be. -The Light which shines in Darkness, yet the Darkness comprehendeth It not. -Rejoice, for behold, all acts of Love and Pleasure are My rituals. Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718