From: Shabaa Area: MagickNet To: Balanone 15 Jan 97 09:27:54 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq > * Original message posted in: magicknet. > * Crossposted in: NETMAIL. > * Reply to a message in wicca, posted in Magicknet since it's not > on-topic in the WICCA echo, also sent to Shabaa netmail in case she > doesn't get the Magicknet echo. Shabaa -- I can pull in just about any > PODS echo which would be appropriate for this discussion, if you don't > receive Magicknet. Or we can discuss it in Netmail if that's an option > for you. No problem on posting in this echo instead of Wicca, but out of curiosity, what part was inappropriate. I think I was just agreeing with a prior post? I get the echo no-doubt Btw, I'm not a she I'm a he. (hehehe) > On Jan 12, 1997, > Shabaa wrote to Khephera > re: Re: Basic Tenets of Wicca > K> There are many legitimate Satanic Witches. Apparently the author > of > K> this text is yet another person under the impression that ever > Witch > K> has to be Wiccan. > S> THANK you! Well put :-) > K> Thanks. I'm Wiccan, but that doesn't mean I like ignorance. :) > S> You are more than welcome. I personally know several (what I like to > S> call), Darkside Witches and Worlocks. It appears "YOU" are far from > S> ignorant :-) > Yes, Kephera is well-studied and knowledgeable about many branches of > modern Paganism besides his own. His online posts are always > well-considered and sound. > You use the term "Worlocks" above. Is this an intentional spelling, or > is it a misspelling of "Warlocks?" I know several darkside pagans also, > and while several call themselves Warlocks, none uses the Worlock > spelling. Typo. I do it a lot when concentrating on something other than spelling and I rarely run my spell checker unfortunetly :) I consider myself a Warlock, only because I don't completely agree with ALL wiccan beliefs. However, I don't neccesarily agree with ALL of the darkside teaching either so I guess I'm a middle of the road type or even worse as stated by some, A Clinton type waffler hehe. > Some consider "Warlock" to be an evil term, "oath-breaker" and worse. > Others consider Warlock to simple be "male witch." Do your friends have > alternative meanings they use? Some of my friends use all of the above terms, some accurately some not. As to alternative meanings, I've not heard any of them state anything other than the above meaning you stated. Shabaa Shemhamforash!!! Fido: Shabaa @ 1:123/10.1 Pods: Shabaa @ 93:9180/14 Nuit: Shabaa @ 666:777/8 Shabaa@p1.f10.n123.z1.fidonet.org Shabaa@masa.com 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thanatos Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 13 Jan 97 19:10:00 Subject: bardic magic UpdReq > Check your local bookstore that handles pagan etc. materials. > You'll find it there probably, I've seen books on the topic > around town here in book stores. Another source would be the > public library, IF you have a good one there.... We have one > of the best in the country here but unfortunetly they have > been somewhat lacking in some of the magickal arenas :-) Thanks... I'll do that. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thanatos Area: MagickNet To: MacFinn 13 Jan 97 19:13:00 Subject: bardic magic UpdReq > You may care to explore the Faery Tradion (not a gay thing). > It's moreso about 'folk' (wee folk, but I jest at best) > magick, and 12th century Bardic magick would fall into this > category. This may point you in the right direction. > Interesting, you may care to explore the histories and mythos > of the Warior Bard of the ancient Kelts. Finn MacCool (from > whom I take my name) is most noted in the Goidelic. Within > the Brythonic you have the Warioress Queen Boudicca and the > factual Arthur (not the Christainised/romantic version). Yet, > these studies will plant you at the origin, the ancient > Druids that served as their mentors. Into AD&D? Think > Fighter/Mage dual class PC. Thanks... I'll look for books about these people. > Useable help; find your local Kingdom of the SCA and join the > Bardic circles. No doubt you will be sure to run into one or > three who just may happen to delve into it. What is SCA, and how do I find out if there is a local chapter? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718