From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Pan 4 Jan 97 07:19:56 Subject: Re: Book Of Enoch UpdReq On Dec 04 12:57 96, Pan of 93:9806/50 wrote: P> then, how would you say this ties in with the name Babelon; You'll have to refresh my memory on what exactly we were talking about... P> with enochian (especially of the world of assiah), with what She isin truth, Well, what do you mean by "In Truth"? Do you mean "In Truth" according to Crowley (who hardly had any affect on Dee). Or do you mean "In Truth" according to the fact that the Biblical Whore of Babylon is Lilith? Also, I'm unclear on your reference to Babalon and Enochiana? As far as I know, the only reference is that "Babalon" is Enochian for "evil". P> and do you say that enochian is more as goetic, than , say shemhamphoresh P> asthe ladder of light? You've lost me here. What ladder of light are you refering to? And what about the Shemhamephoresh? I do see the Shem... as "semi-Goetic" (Goetic meaning "practical" rather than "demonic"). The Angels there are certainly to be called upon for practical reasons- though much of it is of a less physical nature than, say, the Demons of the Goetia. But, as for Enochian- I don't think the root of the System is Goetic. However, as Dee recieved it it was very Goetic. The Angels of the WatchTowers were all said to give various powers or perform certain tasks, the Governers of the Aethyrs were said to affect the directions of Countries, etc, etc. It was all aimed at affecting the world in a practical way. Actually, I find this strange since Dee *claims* to have been searching for "radical truths"- yet he continually demanded "Goetic" things from the Angels. While I don't think the practical aspects of Enochian can or should be overlooked, I also tend to think much of that aspect of it was just told to Dee to shut him up. ;) Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718