From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 22 Nov 96 16:20:00 Subject: Astral Temple UpdReq MS>> amazing and DEEP religiomagical insight: While in the astral temple, after casting the circle calling the watchtowers, donning the sigil, I pick up the cup and while holding it allow myself to merge with the cup and then at that point I go off! Its like your mom's arms but vast beyond description, and the more you float in it the more the universe's child I become. Right after, Goddesses came into my life, my dreams, my readings, in a more tenatious and mature way than ever before-this from one of the Goddess's most devout. . KH>> Very interesting. Have you attempted to do this same thing with the other Four Weapons? Might bring some great results....with both the Lord and the Lady. . Not with the Athame, Candle, nor Wand, but those are good ideas. I once picked this spear to carry at the last Lughnassad, I did with a coven, and was transported away to another place and Wind time alot like old Africa before the comming of the slavers. I was running naked and barefooted over savanna, with my cohort, all young men, warriors. We were on our way to attend my Lord's wedding feast. I was smiling and jumping for joy. I felt my tribe around me, my ancestors behind me and my destiny before me. The comming back was hard. It embittered me finally, because I will never have that same feeling of completness in this life. Families hardly stay together, much less larger social fictions like tribes. . .MS> I would like to hear about any devices you might have in yours. So far, I MS> have one window that when I pull aside the curtain shows me entities and [...] .KH>> I don't really have any particular "devices" per se, that I can think of right now. I simply envision my ideal Temple space (which, interestingly enough, looks somewhat like the cover to Don Kraig's book). I once attempted to put Tapestries of the Tarot Cards that represent the Paths leading out of Malkuth on the walls or ceiling- but it just didn't work for me. . How about books? In my original memory model, there were lines of books on a shelf. I kept them in my superimposed Astral Temple, and go to them sometimes-not that I can retain what I read in them. I have heard that the ability to retain the content of what U read in the astral is a gift, and not seen much. Truely it must be a gift, for inspite of being able to sustain the images in my temple quite well, these words flit accross the page of an astral book like dreams-I think that is what they are,: Reading Dreams. KH>>Although, I will say that is is ALWAYS storming outside the windows, as I draw 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 22 Nov 96 16:30:00 Subject: Astral Temple UpdReq My last post on this was mangled. Here is it over again in 2 parts. Part one: MS>> amazing and DEEP religiomagical insight: While in the astral temple, after casting the circle calling the watchtowers, donning the sigil, I pick up the cup and while holding it allow myself to merge with the cup and then at that point I go off! Its like your mom's arms but vast beyond description, and the more you float in it the more the universe's child I become. Right after, Goddesses came into my life, my dreams, my readings, in a more tenatious and mature way than ever before-this from one of the Goddess's most devout. . KH>> Very interesting. Have you attempted to do this same thing with the other Four Weapons? Might bring some great results....with both the Lord and the Lady. . Not with the Athame, Candle, nor Wand, but those are good Window ideas. I once picked this spear to carry at the last Lughnassad, I did with a coven, and was transported away to another place and time alot like old Africa before the comming of the slavers. I was running naked and barefooted over savanna, with my cohort, all young men, warriors. We were on our way to attend my Lord's wedding feast. I was smiling and jumping for joy. I felt my tribe around me, my ancestors behind me and my destiny before me. The comming back was hard. It embittered me finally, because I will never have that same feeling of completness in this life. Families hardly stay together, much less larger social fictions like tribes. . .MS> I would like to hear about any devices you might have in yours. So far, I MS> have one window that when I pull aside the curtain shows me entities and [...] .KH>> I don't really have any particular "devices" per se, that I can think of right now. I simply envision my ideal Temple space (which, interestingly enough, looks somewhat like the cover to Don Kraig's book). I once attempted to put Tapestries of the Tarot Cards that represent the Paths leading out of Malkuth on the walls or ceiling- but it just didn't work for me. . How about books? In my original memory model, there were lines of books on a shelf. I kept them in my superimposed Astral Temple, and go to them sometimes-not that I can retain what I read in them. I have heard that the ability to retain the content of what U read in the astral is a gift, and not seen much. Truely it must be a gift, for inspite of being able to sustain the images in my temple quite well, these words flit accross the page of an astral book like dreams-I think that is what they are,: Reading Dreams. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 22 Nov 96 16:32:00 Subject: Astral Temple 2 UpdReq part two: MS> political/economic; and as a basis for my next task-to go into an astral dream and then look at my hands. Supposedly, the mere desire backed with practice will solidify my temple even more than it is now. I got this new exercise/experiment from Castenada's new book on Dreaming. It hasn't been such an adventure since my first initiation! .KH>> Could you elaborate? Why will looking at your hands solidify the Astral Temple? .Looking at your hands while dreaming, or in a deliberate astral journey, unifies your body control sheath with your "astral vision," IMO. Try it, Khephera. What U C is not your hands. Even if you open your eyes and look at your hand B4U hyperjump 2 Astral Temple, you won't B able to sustain the photo realism of the image, B cause your hands are more than their appearance. U have many levels of involvement with your hands. My hands begin to glow golden when I look at them. They are more tentacle than hand. But then I'm not that attached to being human anyway ;-) so it doesn't detract from the experience. When I can sustain them in a more or less human solid appearance, the next step is to go to my astral TV and sit there, look at my hands, then look into the screen suddenly. Supposedly, from several sources, I read that It will transport me to other worlds. What Castenada didn't write until the 4th book, was: That whether you see your hands or not is immaterial; keep trying as it will cause a change in your consciousness, and a change in your life, which will make the astral more accessable. My take on this is that my wolves outside, my hands on the astral, and all the objects and walls there, are dream like metaphor for my extended consciousness. Just as keeping a dream journal will help to solidify and help take control over the symbols in the dream, by unifying the conscious and the unconscious-the dream and the written word- that looking at your hands while in the astral will unify body and astral vision. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Conomic; And As A Basis For My Nex 22 Nov 96 16:21:00 Subject: dream and then look at my hands. Supposedly, the mere desire backed wU Dreaming. It hasn't been such an adventure since my first initiation! .KH>> Could you elaborate? Why will looking at your hands solidify the Astral Temple? .Looking at your hands while dreaming, or in a deliberate astral journey, unifies your body control sheath with your "astral vision," IMO. Try it, Khephera. What U C is not your hands. Even if you open your eyes and look at your hand B4U hyperjump 2 Astral Temple, you won't B able to sustain the photo realism of the image, B cause your hands are more than their appearance. U have many levels of involvement with your hands. My hands begin to glow golden when I look at them. They are more tentacle than hand. But then I'm not that attached to being human anyway ;-) so it doesn't detract from the experience. When I can sustain them in a more or less human solid appearance, the next step is to go to my astral TV and sit there, look at my hands, then look into the screen suddenly. Supposedly, from several sources, I read that It will transport me to other worlds. What Castenada didn't write until the 4th book, was: That whether you see your hands or not is immaterial; keep trying as it will cause a change in your consciousness, and a change in your life, which will make the astral more accessable. My take on this is that my wolves outside, my hands on the astral, and all the objects and walls there, are dream like metaphor for my extended consciousness. Just as keeping a dream journal will help to solidify and help take control over the symbols in the dream, by unifying the conscious and the unconscious-the dream and the written word- that looking at your hands while in the astral will unify body and astral vision. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 24 Nov 96 15:50:46 Subject: Astral Temple UpdReq On Nov 22 16:20 96, Morpheus Shapiro of 93:9710/5 wrote: KH>>> Very interesting. Have you attempted to do this same thing with the KH>>> other Four Weapons? Might bring some great results....with both the Lord MS> and the Lady. MS> Not with the Athame, Candle, nor Wand, but those are good ideas. I MS> once picked this spear to carry at the last Lughnassad, I did with a coven, [...] MS> that same feeling of completness in this life. Families hardly stay MS> together, much less larger social fictions like tribes. . Very interesting. ;) KH>>> I don't really have any particular "devices" per se, that I can think of KH>>> right now. I simply envision my ideal Temple space (which, interestingly MS> enough, looks somewhat like the cover to Don Kraig's book). I once MS> attempted to put Tapestries of the Tarot Cards that represent the Paths MS> leading out of Malkuth on the walls or ceiling- but it just didn't work for MS> me. MS> How about books? In my original memory model, there were lines of books MS> on a shelf. I kept them in my superimposed Astral Temple, and go to them MS> sometimes-not that I can retain what I read in them. Nope. No books in my Temple, other than my Grimoire if I have it with me. But even it tends to like to stay on the physical. I will usually *literally* put myself between the worlds as I perform the Ceremony on the Astral, and read the instructions, incantations, etc from the book here on the physical. MS> I have heard that the ability to retain the content of what U read in the MS> astral is a gift, and not seen much. Understandable. When you are on the Astral, you are working much more toward the right-brain than the left, and it's the left that handles words and reading. It seems to me that a true Astral book would begin to show you pictures and sigils upon opening it. MS> Truely it must be a gift, for inspite of being able to sustain the images MS> in my temple quite well, these words flit accross the page of an astral MS> book like dreams-I think that is what they are,: Reading Dreams. I once had an experience on the Astral where a bracelet with writting on it was given to me. When I tried to read it, I swear the letters actually started to move around! :/ To this day I havn't been able to read it- not that I've even been able to find it again... Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 24 Nov 96 15:57:24 Subject: Astral Temple 2 UpdReq On Nov 22 16:32 96, Morpheus Shapiro of 93:9710/5 wrote: KH>>> Could you elaborate? Why will looking at your hands solidify the Astral MS> Temple? MS> Looking at your hands while dreaming, or in a deliberate astral journey, MS> unifies your body control sheath with your "astral vision," IMO. Try it, MS> Khephera. Well, that's why I wanted you to elaborate. I use a very similar technique not only to teach Astral Travel, but to aid myself as well. While learning, I would move my hands around in front of my eyes, and get a real good impression of their sight and feel as they moved. Then, I would close my eyes (continuing the movement) and imagine my hands in front of my face. By continuing the actual movements, it allowed a realistic feel to what I was envisioning. Finally, I was able to stop moving my hands- and yet still feel as if they were moving as I moved my Astral hands around. I used a similar technique for the rest of my body. MS> What U C is not your hands. Even if you open your eyes and look MS> at your hand B4U hyperjump 2 Astral Temple, you won't B able to sustain the MS> photo realism of the image, B cause your hands are more than their MS> appearance. U have many levels of involvement with your hands. My hands MS> begin to glow golden when I look at them. They are more tentacle than hand. MS> But then I'm not that attached to being human anyway ;-) so it doesn't MS> detract from the experience. Hmmmmm, this hasn't been my experience at all. I agree that it is impossible to hold photo-realism for *anything* on the Astral. Things aren't as deep, rich, or detailed there as they are here- mainly because you don't tend to notice things unless you wish to percieve them. But, the only time my body specifically looks different is when I wish to assume a different form. Rather than my Astral Body looking different, I tend to forget about it altogether sometimes. ;) That's when I'll look down at my astral hands and move them around some to bring it back into focus. MS> your life, which will make the astral more accessable. My take on this is MS> that my wolves outside, my hands on the astral, and all the objects and MS> walls there, are dream like metaphor for my extended consciousness. Just as MS> keeping a dream journal will help to solidify and help take control over MS> the symbols in the dream, by unifying the conscious and the unconscious-the MS> dream and the written word- that looking at your hands while in the astral MS> will unify body and astral vision. I pretty much agree, if I understand you. It's just like the "childhood room" we were discussing before. You take something very familiar and use it to accustom yourself to the Astral. Your hands are probably the most familiar part of your entire body, and thus seem best to link your mind to your Astral body. Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718