From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 17 Nov 96 16:15:28 Subject: Astral Temple UpdReq On Nov 13 14:13 96, Morpheus Shapiro of 93:9710/5 wrote: Strange my messages to you are coming through so garbled....:/ Kh>> Yes, the Astral Temple is something I have, myself, been working on for Kh>> ages. It's a nice thing to "have around". ;) I like the childhood room MS> idea...that's new. MS> Its quite a shortcut. Since I started this late in my developement, its MS> hard to tell if the lucidness of the images is due to the choice of MS> beginning, using my childhood bedroom and building it up, or if its a MS> natural talent with me. Makes sense. You need to test that out on some students to see. I may even use it in my own teachings if a student has problems. MS> amazing and DEEP religiomagical insight: While in the astral temple, after MS> casting the circle calling the watchtowers, doning the sigil, I pick up the MS> cup and while holding it allow myself to merge with the cup and then at MS> that point I go off! Its like your mom's arms but vast beyond description, MS> and the more you float in it the more the universe's child I become. Right MS> after, Goddesses came into my life, my dreams, my readings, in a more MS> tenatious and mature way than ever before-this from one of the Goddess's MS> most devout. Very interesting. Have you attempted to do this same thing with the other Four Weapons? Might bring some great results....with both the Lord and the Lady. MS> I would like to hear about any devices you might have in yours. So far, I MS> have one window that when I pull aside the curtain shows me entities and [...] I don't really have any particular "devices" per se, that I can think of right now. I simply envision my ideal Temple space (which, interestingly enough, looks somewhat like the cover to Don Kraig's book). I once attempted to put Tapestries of the Tarot Cards that represent the Paths leading out of Malkuth on the walls or ceiling- but it just didn't work for me. Although, I will say that is is ALWAYS storming outside the windows, as I draw much power from the Storm. MS> political/economic; and as a basis for my next task-to go into an astral MS> dream and then look at my hands. Supposedly, the mere desire backed with MS> practice will solidify my temple even more than it is now. I got this new MS> excercise/experiment from Castenada's new book on Dreaming. It hasn't been MS> such an adventure since my first initiation! Could you elaborate? Why will looking at your hands solidify the Astral Temple? At any rate, I do use the Astral Temple idea to teach Astral Projection. The only way to learn Astral Projection is to just simply do it- and so I tell the student to just build up their ideal Temple in thier minds and imagine they are playing around in it. I have them touch all the tools and furnature, feel the carpet (or whatever) under their feet, to hear all the noises (like, in my case, the storm outside), etc. I also have them perform the LBRP, Middle Pillar, and Analysis of the Keyword there. Eventually, they stop "imagineing" it and find themselves really there. It kills two birds with one stone. ;) Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Dragon 17 Nov 96 16:24:18 Subject: Book Of Enoch UpdReq On Nov 13 10:17 96, Dragon of 93:9004/1 wrote: D> sorry to pop into your discussion-grin- No problem. That's what we're here for. :) D> have you any knowledge of sanskrit.... Sorry, I don't.... D> it is said, each of the letter sounds causes a certain specific D> "psychic vibration" inside a human when intoned. The eastern teachers D> create mantras that have specific "functions" that manifest internal D> "things/events" inside a person who intones them or external "things/events" D> (from the "seed sounds".) sanskrit is called the true human language of D> power. it might be interesting to "compare ? " these sounds which are "well D> known" to the sounds that the system you all are discussing ???? There are some that believe that the Vibration of various Words has an effect on the Universe. Some feel that it is based on the sound of the word itself. However, I don't see it exactly that way. To a point, yes- if I use a word full of soft sounds, I can hardly expect a "hard" reaction. However, to me the true use of Vibration is association. You spend years learning all the corrispondances that are attributed to various words- and then that one word will automatically access all of those ideas when it is intoned. For instance, when I turn to the North and intone the Divine Name of Water- I don't have to conciously think of all the things that relate to Water. It's all contained in the intoning of the word itself. This is also the case with Notaricons. These acronyms take (for example) the first letter of each word in a phrase, and combine them to make a new word. That word then embodies the phrase without having to consciously bring the entire phrase to mind. A good example is "MADD". It brings to mind the "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers" and all they stand for with just one simple word. I believe the Language of the Calls is a case of such Notaricon. Though in that case none of us really knows what all the corrispondances are, or even what words went into their making. Yet it still seems to work rather well.... ;) Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Rain 17 Nov 96 09:58:00 Subject: Flying Teacups UpdReq Script #6841 - MagickNet (PODS) Date received: 11-17-96 From: Rain To: Morpheus Shapiro Subject: Flying Teacups . On 11-12-96 Morpheus Shapiro wrote to Rain, about St. Teresa's writing about: . MS> orgasms during prayers from religious ferver. Her advice was to keep MS> praying and ignore the sexual release. MS> I would think that after reading that you would find everybody praying MS> up a storm! . R> So, now that I have stayed up all night wondering what the 'FU' signiture on the note from my dog mean't yesterday , and what your little ditty VBEG means, and my day is shot and everything just ain't cool or anything anymore, and jesus will hound your loud and goofy arse for being so cryptic on such a sacred subject and at such a critical time in history and at such a magic moment and in the nick of time. ;> no, do't thank me. just watch it next time, ok? Love and arachnids, Grandpa Onionsucker 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 17 Nov 96 18:06:10 Subject: Flying Teacups UpdReq RR> Old Zen story: RR> RR> A monk who has devoted himself to meditation for years RR> without RR> anything dramatic happening runs in great glee to his RR> _roshi_, RR> shouting. "Master! Master! I was meditating today and I RR> floated RR> off the ground! I truly levitated...there are witnesses!!" RR> RR> Calmly, the master replies: "Oh, that's all right. Keep up RR> your RR> meditation and it will stop." MS> There was a similar story of the Buddha who was approached by a disciple who proudly revealed that he had spent a whole year attempting to walk upon water and now could do so without getting his feet wet. The Buddha replied, "What a pity you wasted so much time when you could have given the ferryman but a silver coin to row you across." 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718