From: Morpheus Shapiro Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 13 Nov 96 14:13:00 Subject: Astral Temple UpdReq Here is another post of the Astral Temple post that you wrote 2 me was garbled: Kh> Yes, the Astral Temple is something I have, myself, been working on for ages. It's a nice thing to "have around". ;) I like the childhood room idea...that's new. . Its quite a shortcut. Since I started this late in my developement, its hard to tell if the lucidness of the images is due to the choice of beginning, using my childhood bedroom and building it up, or if its a natural talent with me. Regardless, its the next step for me after ceremonial magic has become automatic, autoerotic, and a reflex sometimes. At times, its more real magic than anything else I have done. Here is what I do for the most amazing and DEEP religiomagical insight: While in the astral temple, after casting the circle calling the watchtowers, doning the sigil, I pick up the cup and while holding it allow myself to merge with the cup and then at that point I go off! Its like your mom's arms but vast beyond description, and the more you float in it the more the universe's child I become. Right after, Goddesses came into my life, my dreams, my readings, in a more tenatious and mature way than ever before-this from one of the Goddess's most devout. .I would like to hear about any devices you might have in yours. So far, I have one window that when I pull aside the curtain shows me entities and other astral denisins-they could also be atavistic images from my 'shadow', then I have two rooms, and in the front one the bed and TV are. This is something that has been working because of the difficulty in finding a quiet time to practrice but still wanting to practice daily-I am rarely sitting upright when working in my temple. However, since I am quite used to watching TV while reclined, I do some meditation and self examination in my astral TV. I also use it for readings. Mostly, I use it as a mirror and open myself into whatever I most want to know, be it magic, or political/economic; and as a basis for my next task-to go into an astral dream and then look at my hands. Supposedly, the mere desire backed with practice will solidify my temple even more than it is now. I got this new excercise/experiment from Castenada's new book on Dreaming. It hasn't been such an adventure since my first initiation! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kandilokai Ach Ishte Area: MagickNet To: Rain 29 Oct 96 01:18:00 Subject: geeze! UpdReq R=> And I just can't help but feel that it's discourteous (and often R=> inaccurate) to tell someone he's spiritually or psychically asleep R=> because he's not, as you said, following paths directly involved in R=> energy manipulation....especially as he may be "awake" in ways I'm R=> not. R=> KA> It does not mean we are R=> KA> better than they, just that we use different means, and different R=> KA> senses than they. R=> ...Or sometimes the same senses in different ways. Or the senses are R=> active, but they've made a perfectly legitinate choice not to use R=> them. Which is why I don't think we have a right to judge them to be R=> alseep. A man under a vow of silence isn't the same as a man who R=> can't speak, and a radio isn't turned off because it gets different R=> channels than mine, or is used to get gospel music and not world R=> news. Perhaps in that light, if a term must be used, it should be "Those that walk a different path", though it is a bit wordy. I'll have to coin a term, one that is brief and not insulting. Hmmm. R=> KA> Kandilokai Ach Ishte R=> What a musical handle! Are you at liberty to say what it means? (And R=> what "Iradi" means?) Kandilokai is the name of my clan. It means roughly, of Dragons. The Kandilokai were the "caretakers" so to speak of the dragons (called the kandilokshi) on Kirel, my homeworld long ago. Ach is a Kireli title meaning that I was the head of my household. Ishte is my given name. As a name it means roughly, "of the east wind," though more directly translated it means "eastern" from the root word "ish" which is "east" (Is this more information than you needed? > Just thought I'd get defensive for a moment: M=> As Crowley stated, we all perform Magick whether we want to or M=> not, so we may as well be good at it. Most of the people I M=> would lump together as "Sleepers" or "Mundane" are not M=> Intentional Mages. It is not a deragatory term for me any more M=> than calling someone "Blonde" is... I make seldom use of M=> categorizations, but I don't personally see the occassional use M=> of such terms as Sleeper, Mundane, Plastic People, or whatever, M=> as being such a particularly nasty thing to do. It makes things M=> convenient at times. Well, soapbox aside, I would not allow convenience to govern whether I use a term that is used by some to demean others, even if it is easier. Iradi! Kandilokai Ach Ishte --- * OLXWin 1.00b * Dragon Scale Armor: The best in all the land! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718