From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Ghost 8 Oct 96 03:32:12 Subject: ancient egypt &.... UpdReq On Oct 03 01:25 96, Ghost of 93:9200/15 wrote: >> Instead, it is the GAINING and APPLICATION of the knowledge- which >> immediately implies Wisdom along with it. G> I can not go along with your point of view on it. there are too many people G> with a huge amount of knowledge but nearly no wisdom. [most scientists or G> politicians] and expecially the politicians have a lot of power [or the G> industry, ok] but they can't use this power in a way I would call wise or G> something like that. {but if you want to say something like 'true power' ok, G> forget the last paragraph ] Well, REALLY consider how much Knowledge, say, the Politicians have. Not much. They grow up in their own little worlds completely removed from those of us out here in the real world. They know nothing about us or our lives, and yet they attempt to rule us. I think that's a great example of a lack of knowledge and a HUGE lack of wisdom... ;) Same goes for many other examples. ;) >> And if a God doesn't imply Wisdom, I don't know what does. ;) G> what are the words 'wisdom' and 'power' mean to you? 'what' do you call G> god(s?) ? [trying to avoid long argues without reason] This is kind of vague.... I'm not sure what you mean by: "What do I call Gods"... >>>> (SeXem) was the Egyptian Word for what we call "Holy Guardian Angel" G>>> that's interesting. they had a 'concept' like this? >> Most of what we do today (ie, the Western Hermetical Traditions) traces >> back in some way back to them. Them and the Babylonians. G> which is no real answer.... What didn't you understand? Sorry if I was vague myself... G> I have read about the Ba and the godlikeliness of the pharao but that's it G> [so far]. Well, the Phaoroah was Horus incarnate, yes. But, as far as we can tell, they believed that every man had a Higher Self. >> You see, the HGA is *you*. G> can't be. if he were me, I wouldn't have to search for him. Sure you would. That's what mysticism is all about. You lost that connection, and are attempting to re-establish it. That's why all the old Mythologies talk about being kicked out of some kind of paradise, and why all of the Mystical Systems included such phrases as "Waking Up" or "Coming into the Light", etc. >> It's your Higher Self. G> rch. I don't like the expression of 'higher self' - either it is my self or G> it is 'higher', meaning something else. I can't be higher than / different G> from me, it wouldn't be me anymore. It's not the you that you know. The "you" that you know is totally and 150% a product of your enviroment. Your Higher Self- also sometimes called your True Self- is not a product of this world. The word "Higher" in no way indicates that something is other than yourself... You are directly connected to the Higher Powers- else how could you exist? >> you are linking into your true Self, and thus your True Will. Nothing but G> this point I've overseen so far. I never got an idea what the True Will G> might be. tnX No problem. ;) >> good can come from that. And, finally, when you allow your Earthly ego to >> die and the REAL you take over....that's the big stuff. ;) G> reminds me of "the dark crystal" - have you seen the film?! Saw it many years ago. I don't remember too much about it though... Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 8 Oct 96 03:41:10 Subject: Book Of Enoch UpdReq On Oct 04 10:25 96, Morpheus Shapiro of 93:9710/5 wrote: MS> You wrote before that you were looking for a Book Of Enoch to add to MS> your Grimoir collection. So, I came, I saw, I bought it! Did you get the Ethiopian Book of Enoch? Or one of the others? There are many.... ;) MS> Yes! It is a book of magic, much pithier than my own Book Of Shadows, and MS> heavy in its uses and in its implications. Since I know how to use a MS> grimoir, like you do, it doesn't bother me if it is written in MS> christianeese, because the Magus and Paraclesus's stuff are also mixed, MS> coded, obscured, and written like a xian fundyschool inspirational track, MS> so TBOE won'yt throw you much. I alsready have found it to be an invaluable MS> oracle. When consmic questions and self revelAtions R needed, I MS> concentrate, merge, And open The Book Of Enoch to a random page. Often the MS> meaning becomes either instant, or delayed, it comes as understanding. Interesting you have connected so well with it. ;) MS> The other way to read it is as the personal vision notebook of a practicing MS> Mage of universal proportions. I dare say that any current Enochian MS> magician could have written The Book Of Enoch. It's possibly the source-book for much of the Merkavah Mysticism of the late BCEs- where the Mages traveled the Seven Heavens toward the Divine Source. MS> There is even a couple of pages on when and how to invoke the moon, times MS> and tides. Its all in code, like The Magus, so its very rich in levels of MS> meaning. Hmmmm....this doesn't sound like the Ethiopian Book of Enoch. Though it does sound interesting. ;) I do know there were Grimiores that bore the title of Enoch...so... MS> Mundane its a serias of codefied behaviors and the ol Heaven-Hell MS> thing. On the magi level its details for summoning angelic forces, but you MS> really have to be experienced in DOING magic to see this part. On a higher MS> level the book itself is a door to altered states of consciousness. Within MS> the hints and onbscure referrences is detailed sacrifices, prayers, MS> aspects, and appearance of the Angelic Host. The narator is our ol friend MS> from Elizabethan magic-Uriel. Definitely not the Etheopian Book of Enoch. Sounds great though. ;) MS> I bought the paperback, payed 6$ The Book Of Enoch translated by R.H. MS> Charles, ISBN 0 281 01261 X Thanks for this info! I'll have to check it out for sure! ;) Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Morpheus Shapiro 8 Oct 96 03:45:42 Subject: Book Of Enoch UpdReq On Oct 04 10:27 96, Morpheus Shapiro of 93:9710/5 wrote: MS> Hello Josh! MS> If you are lurking near by, please draw near! MS> I just got a copy of The Book Of Enoch in an english xlation, and just MS> wrote a post to Khephera on my impressions. I would love to hear what you MS> think about it if you have seen it. Is it really Enochian Magic? If it was written before John Dee's time, or otherwise not influenced by his work, then it's not what we would today call "Enochian Magick". Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Dragon 8 Oct 96 03:46:34 Subject: Magick styles UpdReq On Oct 03 10:38 96, Dragon of 93:9004/1 wrote: >> Don't confuse my statments with something like: "You have to >> say this, or wear that, or use that particular tool, or D> got that.. Good. You have now entered the small few who seem to have figured out that I'm not arguing the side of the stuffy, "by the book", Ceremonialist. My original post was, in fact, in opposition to that type... >> in your brian. Hell, all of that is true even if all your doing is >> reaching out with your hand to pass the salt to someone across the >> table.Are you telling me that you can work Magick without doing any of >> these things? Frankly, I'm completely lost on what you mean by your >> distinction between "doing things directly" & any other form of Magick... D> i was attempting to share there are those who only "think" something and D> it manifests, "like" on other planes but here, I understand. Now perhaps we're on the same wavelength. ;) Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Stardance 8 Oct 96 03:48:44 Subject: Re: Magick styles UpdReq On Oct 06 22:16 96, Stardance of 93:9301/0 wrote: Kh>> I have to say myself on this one. I have been- from the very Kh>> first post that I made in this thread- being trying to clarify that Kh>> I'm on *your side* in this debate. But, from the beginning, you and Kh>> others have mistaken me for defending the "do it by the book" crowd. Kh>> Nothing I can say seems to clarify my position, which is why I haven't Kh>> responded to this thread as of late... S> My apologies. Things have been rather stressed on my end for a while. I'm S> in the middle of packing for a move to another state, and we're on the last S> week of the 'countdown' and things are getting harried and hectic. I know what that's like only TOO well. ;) S> If I seemed overzealous, please forgive me, and I see now that I S> misunderstood your position on this, again, forgive me. Oh, of course. At least now it's ironed out. ;) S> I would enjoy to continue speaking with you, if you wish. My computer will S> be going down sometime this Thursday, and I won't be back online for a short S> time, but once I get reconnected, I would like to speak more with you on S> the subject of magick, or anything else you deem of interest, if you so S> wish. =) Works for me, of course! That's what we're here for. ;):) See you soon! Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Magick Area: MagickNet To: The Idiot Savant 1 Oct 96 05:34:00 Subject: Energy and magick.... UpdReq TI>As I was a neophyte, and my sole exposure to magical energys was TI>the small amount raised in the LBRP, I was fried completely out of TI>my brain. Interesting story, Savant. I don't know much about the use of the QBL, but I have read a bit of everything at one point or another. A friend of mine is quite fond of it. He can wield a great deal of magickal energy through the Tree of Life (My claim, not his. He's too modest and I was surprised.). If you feel up to it, I would love to hear more about your workings with it. TI>In addition, I am usualy totaly insencetive to magical energys, TI>but every so often I have periods where I become ultra-sencetive, TI>my intuition go's wild, and I start having wierd visions and/or TI>halucinations. During these periods, a middle pillar with the TI>standard 3 repetitions is enough to leave me barely able to stand. I have been a sensitive for most of my life and certainly for all of my Working life. Have you noticed anything that accompanies periods of supersensitivity? The problem haunted me for a while, but eventually I did something about it. There was no reason for it to be happening, as I recall. What I did was start using my seeing abilities more and trying new ways to sense things. *Shrugz* It worked for me. The extra meditation didn't hurt either. Hope this helps.... --- * UniQWK v3.3a* I see your true colors shining through.... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Magick Area: MagickNet To: Domino 1 Oct 96 05:38:00 Subject: Energy and magick.... UpdReq D >Have you been grounding afterwards? Yes. The feeling isn't like not grounding, though. I am inclined to believe that it is more like a physical adrenaline or chemical rush. Basically, using the magick works parts of the brain and creates a state of euphoric excitement. *Grinz* D >Abreq ad Habra What is this phrase? What does it mean? Pax and all that.... Chyrros Edo-Kai (Also known as the ever-loving brown-eyed Doug) --- * UniQWK v3.3a* Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ravenwing Area: MagickNet To: All 8 Oct 96 07:48:54 Subject: Hauntings and Possessions UpdReq I have been wondering for a while what the magi (the term I use to describe anyone who uses magick...hermetic, pagan, or whatever) think of ghosts and demonic possession...first off, ghosts...What are you more inclined to believe they are, elementals or discarnates? And with possessions, do you think it is actually a demon possessing the person, or perhaps could it be some sort of reaction to a malevolently minded-magi's spell...Any opinions or ideas would be appreciated... Thanks RavenWing PS If anybody here uses IRC, and has visited the channel #Wicca, leave me a message as well. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718