From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Pan 25 May 96 12:03:14 Subject: revelations UpdReq On May 21 09:47 96, Pan of 93:9806/50 wrote: P> on this i'm gonna list the greek pronunciation and then the meaning of that P> word. these will give the greek words which can be pronounced and P> understood with the meaning...... P> revelations 21;9. P> the angel says, P> 'Deyro meaning Hither, Come you, P> Deiso i shall show (unto) [...] P> .... so if we were to take the first letters of what this greek speaking P> angel says and anagramize it all together, we get P> D , d s t n t g t a . P> that's, delta, delta , sigma, tau, ny, tau, gamma, tau, alpha. P> right? let me know what ya think. This is EXACTLY what I've been needing! :):):) And so this Angel's Name is taken care of. Now I just need the other one.... Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: MagickNet To: All 25 May 96 22:49:46 Subject: Virtual Reality and Magick UpdReq Greetings: You humble Moderator is about to embark on an interesting voyage, the use of VR for Magick. In the next month I will be aquiring a pair of Virtual IO's i-Glasses, a Head Mounted Display (HMD) that will give both stereo-scopic vision & sound, as well as 3 degrees of freedom. I intend to start simple, using the readilly available software like Hexen & a Hexen Editor...then building a totally homebrew system. I hope to be able to interface the system with the new version of OS/2 Warp, since it support two things that can be very useful for this type of work; Voice I/O, and OpenGL. Linux is another good option, since it has both available. OpenGL is the heart of the SGI's domanance of computer graphics, it is a system that makes real-time rendering of 3d objects on screen very easy. And thus for creating Virtual Worlds, it means that you can use very little computing power to generate very realistic images. More CPU power can be oriented to the tracking and other system responses and controls. Some of the things I want to work on is the sharing of a Virutal World across the Internet, a shared space to create and perform rituals....this is doable *now*. All that is needed is the time to create a world using an editor for a game like Hexen, which will track two degrees of freedom on an HMD. This will give a minimal environment for ritual, a shared space. Utilizing the networking capabilties build into the game, along with IPX<->IP bridging software like KALI, a shared virtual world can be used across the Internet, rather than a LAN. What I am looking for is anyone else who is interested in this type of work. It's going to eventually need artists, programmers, and Magickians and Pagans of all sorts...but for now, I need at least one more person to at least test links and such with. I am not ready yet, being in the process of upgrading my system and aquiring the HMD...but I am willing to facilitate at least a working group to look at this project. I hope to be able to put together a mailing list, so those interested will need Internet access. I also hope to put up a web site, with some sort of message archive from the mailing list. I am looking at two phases of the project, the first to utilize existing software, such as Hexen & a Hexen Editor to create Virtual Worlds, then a totally homebrew software system that can be ported to different Operating systems. Once Quake is available, and there are some decent editors for it, it might be a better choice as a base software system...but it is very demanding on the machine...so, it is a toss up. The second phase will probably use OpenGL for the graphics, build in support for TCP/IP as well as Voice-Over-IP. I think that the inital target systems will be OS/2 Merlin, and Linux...more later. To give you an idea of what you will need to particpate with me on this, here is what I am looking at upgrading my system to: Hardware: 100MHz or better Pentium 16 Meg of RAM ATI Mach64 or better Video card 28.8 Modem (maybe ISDN later) Gobs of Hard Drive space, on SCSI-II with a PCI controller Soundblaster 16 or compatible Virtual IO's i-Glasses HMD Quality Joystick (I currently have a Flightstick) The new Powerglove (if it ever makes it to market) Trackball (Personal Preference) So, if you are interested, please contact me...either on the PODSnet Magicknet echo, netmail to 93:9610/0, or Fidonet 1:243/79...and on the internet at ai474@freenet.carleton.ca or if you want to, you can dial my BBS directly at 613-820-9545. ttyl Farrell 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Irv Koch Area: MagickNet To: r 26 May 96 21:44:54 Subject: Re: revelations UpdReq Kh> No no no....let me rephrase that. Much of the Greek *Alphabet* came Kh> from the Hebrew Alphabet. Sorry for the use of the wrong word Kh> there.... Oh.... As in Alpha from Aleph, Bet from Base, etc. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718