From: Paul Hume Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 31 May 95 09:34:18 Subject: PLANETARY RITS Pvt Rec'd UpdReq Rose - 93 and good to hear from you again, m'dear. Da'ath, remember remember remember, is a fiction - that is a more fictional fiction than the rest of the sephiroth. Denning and Phillips, since we're in their ballpark, provide some symbols in their version of the Middle Pillar in Mysteria Magica (Rousing The Citadels). The Da'ath/throat center is awakened with the Name Elion (I think it's Ayin Lamed Yod Vau Nun) so that would be the Divine Name for the Rites of Approach and Contact. Original qabala is thin on the ground regarding Da'ath - it represents a boundary (the Abyss, in Crowleyspeak) beyond which the mystic cannot aspire on ruach, on intellect, alone. It is spoken of in one legend, regarding Moses, as the highest awareness of G*d possible while still living - it is the view of Kether as seen from Tiphareth (hence the odd sounding story that God allowed Moses to see His "hinder parts" from Sinai - ie. Moses achieved the vision of Da'ath while operating at his peak as an enlightened prophet - though Thelemic road maps would also suggest he was initiated a Magus in that experience). I don't do a lot of Da'ath myself, and don't necessarily know that I'd map trans-Binah working to the outer planets. But that's a longer discussion. By the time you reach Chokmah, you are in the Zodaical belt, and Kether is the spiral of the galaxy, in D&P symbolism (see their Vol II in The Magical Philosophy). The Ouranian mythos echoes Saturns rather closely - the deposition by the younger generation, etc. I'd actually place the imagery in more of a Chokmah mode, along with Star Goddesses like Herself. Though whatever modern astrological concepts fit the far outer planets may suggest other sephirotic connections - I' ve always liked the notion of Pluto as the defining character of the generation in which you were born, since it takes about a generation to traverse a sign. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718