From: Anaesthesia Area: MagickNet To: Lady Sondrea 14 May 95 16:53:00 Subject: Re: Meditation/OBE's UpdReq [Quoting Lady Sondrea to All on Meditation/OBE's] LS> Projection... But the problem I am having, is I don't know the basics LS> on how to start.. I do the deep breathing, but It's my thoughts that I LS> can not clear away, and when I do lay there for a while, I just fall LS> asleep and wake up the next morining...Should I stop working on it LS> when I go to bed, and start working on it during the day time? You should avoid doing meditations exclusively before going to bed, and should not meditate while lying down. I find that both the bed and the posture have such strong associations with sleeping that the temptation is often overwhelming. I would advise that you to meditate while sitting, or in a position which is at least a little uncomfortable. I find it more rewarding to meditate several times daily for shorter periods than once for a long time. Attempt to set aside times for it each day -- upon awakening, at lunch, and before bed, for example. As for the problem of the cacophony of thoughts you encounter -- it is extremely difficult to attain mental silence. I personally use incense, and concentrate upon the sensation of smelling. If I find myself drifting away on trains of thought, I focus back onto the scent. You can also use visualizations. For example, your imagine your thoughts written upon a chalkboard and simply erase them as they appear. I am hesitant to recommend using music -- if you want to experiment, be sure it is very minimal; it should have no lyrics, preferably only one instrument, and repetitive patterns. ... "Never forget it: decay is inherent in all things" - Buddha Gautama 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: MagickNet To: White Spider 14 May 95 16:06:50 Subject: Re: Re : Bombing Victims UpdReq WS> We now know, of course, that Islam was NOT involved with the bombing, WS> but rather some of the folks associated with various paramilitary WS> groups. They "hate the government"....heck. Our WS> government does many things with which I do not WS> agree, but I don't voice my displeasure by blowing WS> up buildings. I can't explain, nor understand the WS> mentality of ANYONE who could do something so WS> heinous....but then, I don't have to. I have TRIED WS> to make some sense of this, but there is none. No WS> reason...no rationale...no logic. Just someone WS> wanting to impose as much pain and terror as WS> humanly possible...and to that degree, they WS> partially succeeded. Part of the answer lies in that to kill in a war (either real or self-declared), one must render the "enemy" as abstract or inhuman in order to do the deed. What's really disturbing are the fanatics coming out of the woodwork and adding new meaning to the term "blame the victim." Tom Metzger of the White Aryan Resistance says it is "unfortunate" the Federal Government allowed a day care center to be put in that building... Many in the camp are publicly voicing their declaration that President Clinton is to blame, along with Janet Reno, because of what happened at Waco.... Go figure. WS> But, living in Oklahoma (about 25 minutes from WS> ground zero), I have seen all of us pulling WS> together....helping one another....caring for each WS> other, in such a way that is gratifying and WS> comforting to me. I am just grieved that it took WS> THIS, to bring out what was always there, in most WS> of us. Indeed, those who are awake or have some semblance of conscience left have now been jump-started suddenly to life... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thorson Area: MagickNet To: Thomas Izaguirre 17 May 95 02:28:00 Subject: Re: Re : Bombing Victims UpdReq and Thomas dicoursed upon Re: Re : Bombing Victims T I WS> We now know, of course, that Islam was NOT involved with the T I> WS> bombing, Thorson: I was a lot easier on many folks psyches when the FBI thought that the bombing was caused by terrorists from the Middle East. People from the Middle East have already made officially "enmey" during the Gulf War. Now, it is hard to marginalize white males who share many political and religious values with many of the television audience and members of government (including members of the FBI). but rather some of the folks associated with various T I> WS> paramilitary groups. They "hate the government"....heck. Our T I> WS> government does many things with which I do not T I> WS> agree, Thorson: And their are some things that they do fairly well. I like National Parks, the interstate highway system and environmental protection legislation. but I don't voice my displeasure by blowing T I> WS> up buildings. I can't explain, nor understand the T I> WS> mentality of ANYONE who could do something so T I> WS> heinous.... Thorson: But if a small group of people really worked hard on their paranoia and only talking to like minds and whipping themselves into a frinzy... Tom Metzger of the White Aryan Resistance says it is T I>"unfortunate" the Federal Government allowed a day care center to be T I>put in that building... Many in the camp are publicly voicing their T I>declaration that President Clinton is to blame, along with Janet T I>Reno, because of what happened at Waco.... Go figure. Thorson: "Waco", George Bush's election day gift to Bill Clinton. A lose/lose situation. After Wounded Knee II you would think that people would understand that if any memeber of your group shoots a federal agent, those same federal agents are going to try and shoot you. Yes, Janet Reno was at fault. She was told by field officers that their were a number of small children inside that were being abused, pushing Janet's HOT button. The results were predictable. T I> WS> But, living in Oklahoma (about 25 minutes from T I> WS> ground zero), Thorson: I grew up in OKC and had friends in some of the buildings surrounding the Murra Buld. The American Nazi pary used to recrute in my highschool in uniform there. I'm surprized that type of terrorist act hadn't happened sooner. I have seen all of us pulling T I> WS> together....helping one another....caring for each T I> WS> other, in such a way that is gratifying and T I> WS> comforting to me. Thorson: I here this too from the people I talk to there. Our coven did some work for the healing of OKC. I know others have as well. Thorson written 05/16/95 07:25 --- CmpQwk #UNREG UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718