From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 29 Apr 95 10:52:30 Subject: High and Low Magic Rec'd UpdReq LC> Thankyou Josh, for your most candid and informative reply. It has been of great benefit to me, as I saw a reflection (and corroboration!!) of what I am doing, and hope to do, with Celestial Intelligences. JN> "It's clear that your work has gone in a substantially different direction from mine, and that your goals are also somewhat different." LC> Not really!! I want to create for myself some of what you got, and seem to have. I am now gearing up for more serious fare, and plan to sup at that most worthy table again. This time, I want to change spiritually, as much as I can. The recent successes, with the CI, have left their mark, so to speak. I begin a new journey. School is out, for me. Its time to do the work I was trained to. Heal the sick, feed the hungry, visit the imprisoned. LC> I understand how you would get the idea that I am doing this CI contact to produce external events (sorcery!); however, these humble beginnings were mere shadows and reflections to me, necessary because I tread on unsure ground, alone in my practice, and need something more or less substantial to justify the sceptical side of me, for now. IMHObservation, this magician alone can loose himself in his thoughts, without the grounding influence of real events or other people. This to maintainance and safty, I will say in addition that the physical effects have been a small but necessary part of my successes. I also chose those little physical changes to tell you about because they are the most concrete and convincing. I played my best card first. I am leading up to, both in my magic practice and these letters to you, telling you the spiritual and initiatory effects; or, discovering that some effects I am currently experiencing are the rusult of CI contact. Every letter from you adds to my confidence that you understand what I am writing about. JN> "Given that difference and success, I don't feel qualified to make any "authoritative" comments on it." LC> Actually, I would like to read anything you care to share with me about your own practice. JG> "As for the knowledge getting filled in later, that seems to be a fairly consistent effect among most magicians I know....Hmmm. I wonder if you aren't mistaking aspects of your own nature and karma for general qualities of magicians.... I'm primarily concerned with initiatory magick, where such changes in consciousness are the prime goal of the work.... who believes there is a real distinction between Self and Other)...The problem isn't finding an example -- I've got hundreds of them. Rather, it's finding one that is clear enough to explain. By their very nature, such experiences take place at a pre- verbal or extra-verbal level; words are often a byproduct of the experience, but don't really touch its core. Often, the best one can do is translate it into symbolic terms, and hope another person can use those symbols to work back to a similar experience.(!!!)" physical spells with limited effect." LC> These above extracts were revelations to me, and most valuable. Please tell me more of these intitations you have done, or whatever you please. Here is a focus for me: How do I verify that it is indeed the celestial intelligence rather than a high order elemental seeking entrance to a more physical realm? I have an experience of this "checking" and have never needed objective passwords or anything. Or does it matter? "As without, so within." "As above, so below." Intent might be the password by narrowing the focus of expectation.I would like to know what you do to check your contacts? You have a place of trust, with me, because of your past postings on this net. You begin well with me, sir. Sincerely, Lewis 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718