From: Nilen Area: MagickNet To: Lion Kuntz 4 Apr 95 00:00:00 Subject: Karma UpdReq LK> LK> LK>N> I was taught it was the 3 fold law of nature. Nature works in LK>N> threes from my experiences. LK> LK>Me> I've been taught all the little versions of Karma that LK>Me> float around out there, and none of them make a hell of alot of LK>Me> sense. I'm sure there are plenty who disagree, but the whole LK>Me> "point" of existence is to find Balance. LK>Me> If one does something "good", and thus has three times that LK>Me> "good" returned to them, they are now set up at some point to do LK>Me> or receive an equal amount of "bad" in order to achieve balance. LK>Me> It seems very silly. LK>Me> It seems more plausible that the scales tip equally. LK> LK> My "Theory", supported by mountains of anecdotal evidence, and LK>"True" in my life, is: LK> All is vibration. Differing intensity of vibration travel LK>through four spectrums: (1) Spiritual, (2) Mental, (3) Emotional, and LK>(4) Physical. These have been described as worlds, planes of LK>existence, dimensions, and assorted attempts to construct a LK>vocabulary for purposes of discussion. LK> Newton's laws of physics basically apply: for every action there LK>is a reaction; cause leads to effect which becomes in turn a cause LK>for a cascade of causes/effects. The chain reaction may slip from LK>one plane to another, from physical to mental, or spiritual to LK>physical. The path of least resistence is followed. The LK>boomerang effect occurs when the triggering energy reaches it's apex LK>or exhaustion, and the return loop of the cycle begins. The LK>returning energy seeks the vibration which sent it forth, or "home". LK>Anyone vibrating at essentially the target vibration will be the home LK>goal. Good or bad, the energy will come home again, except both LK>the sender and the energy will have changed a bit during the time LK>interval for the circle loop. For this reason the karma may land LK>close by the sender, but land on someone else. Members of groups LK>will over time harmonize their vibrations, so every member of the LK>group is a target of the return karma. Families are groups which LK>harmonize at DNA levels, at mental attitudes, shared religious LK>of beliefs, etc. "The sins the father will be visited unto ten LK>of generations" is tribal wisdom observances over centuries. You sound like someone who has studied the Qabalah and done a slight mixing with Gnostic. LK> "What goes around, comes around" is prison wisdom, where on LK>average, the cause/effect sequences are widely seen to be LK>inescapable. It is the exceptions to the rule which causes the LK>confusion, mystery, and "unfairness" that cast doubt on Karma as LK>universal truth and inescapable law. There are also two wildcards: LK>"white" and "black" magic, that are outside redirections of karma. LK> The exceptions are mostly explained by "group mind" theory, LK>although intelligent interventions are an occasional source of the LK>perceptions of injustice. LK> Most people have trouble dealing with intangible energies, LK>because they lack the concepts to even clearly think about them. The LK>portion of travels through the "intangible" realms happens outside of LK>any comprehension to them, and they cannot see the unbroken chain LK>that proceeds from what goes around to what ultimately comes around. LK> There is also a lot of value judgements baloney related to LK>received karma. Just as you can inherit or marry into physical LK>property ownership, so can you garner karma essentially the same way. LK>The surprise notice in the mail of a bequest you didn't know you had LK>coming could just as easily be a gernade in your lap of lousy karma LK>from your dead uncle Larry. Without any explantion based on the LK>vibratory quality of energy, including karmic energy, one can easily LK>concoct theories if 3-fold or 10-fold return of good-for-good and (Much edited) I Agree with many of your points. I was just commenting on Wiccan views of Karma. LK> LK> Lion@cup.portal.com Posted to Walking Drum BBS, Guerneville, LK>CA LK>--- FMail 0.96g LK> * Origin: * WalkingDRUM * Guerneville USA * (93:9905/0) LK> ___ X CMPQwk #1.4X UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Silver Wolf Area: MagickNet To: Gaia 27 Mar 95 23:13:00 Subject: This may sound like a stu UpdReq GA> -=> Quoting Silver Wolf@93:9190/3 to Gaia <=- GA> SW> I have a strong empathic talent, mostly recieving, but some sending. I GA> SW> want to have more control over it but I cannot find anyone who knows GA> SW> much about it. Any suggestions? GA>GAIA: GA>Yeah, empathy can be difficult to handle (me too). GA>Good shielding and cleansing practices/ habits do help considerably, I've GA>found. I get into the most trouble when I'm lax about these. GA>Do you know the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP), the GA>MIddle Pillar/ sealing the aura exercise(s)? GA>I'll send them along too, if you wish. GA>Blessings - GA>Gaia GA>___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 PLEASE!!! I would love to try. I am starting to get exhausted from trying to screen out all the negativity and pain from my workplace. I work in a nuring home, and there is A LOT of despair there. I've been trying to do something about it, but there is only so much one person can do. BTW, what is "LBRP"? I have seen MANY references to it, but have never discovered its meaning. Thanx in advance, and Bright Blessings. Silver Wolf --- * OLX 2.1 TD * A penny saved is ridiculous. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Panther 3 Apr 95 07:01:32 Subject: Re: SUN RITUAL UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Get hold of a copy of _Liber Resh vel Helios_...should be downloadable from many bbs's, and is published in _Magick in Theory & Practice_, Lon Duquette's _Magick of Thelema_, and several other places. Would also suggest you try posting to the Thelema echo--I know your board has access to it--for some good suggestions about Solar Schtuff. :> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718