From: Willo Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 16 Feb 95 12:35:16 Subject: Re: Triple Goddess Myths UpdReq -=> Quoting Rainlake to Willow <=- -> Hi there Avery...if you would like an informative book please read Ma -> Adlers Dancing With The Moon..it is very informative and it will answ -> your questions...hope I helped you out... -> Blessed Be, -> Willow Ra> Actually, don't you mean _Drawing Down the Moon_? Interesting book. Ra> -!- InterEcho 1.03a Ra> ! Origin: The Immortal Coil, Louisville Kentucky, U.S.A. (93:9190/3) Yes actually I did..sorry about that...gues I had other things on my mind that day..:) Blessed Be, Willo ... Catch the Blue Wave! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Solemnus Area: MagickNet To: Wored 17 Feb 95 06:56:00 Subject: Re: Sabbat UpdReq Wo> "Sabbat \`sab-et, sa-`ba\ n. *often cap* [F, lit., sabbath, fr. L Wo> sabbatum] Wo> (1652) : a midnight assembly of diabolists (as witches and sorcerers) Wo> held esp. in medieval and Renaissance times to renew allegiance to Wo> the devil through mystic rites and orgies" Wo> Can you beleive that definition of Sabbat?!?! I looked to see when Wo> the hell this Websters was published. 1990. I will be going to the You will find that most conventional dictionaries, Webster's being the basis for the conventional dictionary and therefore the epitome of that concept, define most Wiccan terms in their historical Christian tenses. I am not saying this is right, or reasonable, but it *is* understandable. Webster grew up in old Christian culture, and the definitions fed to the general populace by The Church in Medivial times was the only basis for definition available back then. Since most Christians are either unaware of the existence of Wicca or accept it as a variation on Satanism, there is no major movement afoot to correct the historically accepted, though widely inaccurate, definitions. Perhaps the growth of popularity of Pagan religions will facilitate a consensual majority in an attempt to encourage Webster, and other dictionary titles, to add the correct definition to the list of definitions, perhaps even noting the older defintions as archaic or even colloqial. I doubt a movement to remove the old definitions will be successful, as the greater portion of our culture still views most of these terms as mythical, and since the words are still in use with these definitions, it would be ethically incorrect to remove them from the dictionary. But if a coordinated effort is not made, there is no hope of providing the appearence of a large enough group of people to encourage dictionary companies to change their mind. So, while you are building your coalition of Pagans and Pagan-aware citizens who can provide some financial clout (I presume purchase and boycott power still applies in vast sections of American business society), I recommend you do the next best thing: Teach those around you. We are all teachers; everyone has some knowledge others do not possess. To fail to share information of a simplistic nature is to fail to help our society grow. In essence, then it is to weaken the culture. Educate those around you on the proper definitions of words that Webster never knew enough to define correctly. You should not underestimate the power of Magick. Nor should you underestimate the power of action. According to some, action *is* Magick. Face your difficulty. Change your world. Live the Code. In LVX, Solemnus 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dave Mcclanahan Area: MagickNet To: Brian Dare 7 Feb 95 23:11:00 Subject: Gd Magickal Products UpdReq BD On the one hand, I adamantly agree that people need not be using these BD subs for advertisments and attempted personal gain. BD Unless such information is distributed freely, and many readers on the BD subs are unaware of good sources elsewhere, e.g., Mezlim, Gnosis, BD Llewellyn's New Worlds, etc..., then Magicians of the modern age are The problem seems to be the format of what you posted, not really the content. If someone had asked "Anyone know where I can find ????" and you had replied "From company XXXX in the catalog, for about $$$" However, nobody asked for the info and what you wrote was an advert almost like what you'd see in the paper. Dave JABBER v1.2 A slow comfortable screw, followed by a screaming orgasm. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dave Mcclanahan Area: MagickNet To: Wored 12 Feb 95 10:42:00 Subject: Sabbat UpdReq W Anyway, I do know that Saturday (the `original' "day of rest", if these boo W are to be believed) does mean `Saturns Day'. Maybe when words were being W Saturday but I don't know. Could you give me your point of reference? I don Afraid I don't remember where I picked it up exactly other than it must have had something to do with my geneology research while I was in England. It was probably used as an example for the way lots of words and last names came about (ie the last name Attewood was someone who lived 'at the woods') Dave JABBER v1.2 Zencrafters: Total enlightenment in about an hour. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dr Phelix Area: MagickNet To: Thomas Izaguirre 14 Feb 95 08:17:00 Subject: Magic & The Mind UpdReq TI Such a talent is linked with an affinity for non-linear dynamics in the WHOOSH! I had a year of high school physics and several of electronics but I must have sleep through the part covering non-liner dynamics. WHat the heck is it and how does it relate to energy? TI following concepts: ley lines, orgone, and feng shui. Well after looking up the term orgone (what little I could find on it) I think I understand it pretty well. It is the primal energy that is everywhere and in every thing, to some extent. Unless I miss my guess this is the source I use. Any time I am trying to work any conscious weather shifting or such I draw in the extra I need by pulling in any that passes my local area which I 'see' as little energy 'snowflakes' that tend to 'fall' horizontaly, though sometimes in other directions. I'm pretty sure I even detected someone else working magic once by an area that seemed to be acting as an energy 'sump' nearby. Assuming that is what I saw, they were far better at it than I, because the area they were draining appear to be as much as a mile across. I can sense the energy within line of sight, but I've never pulled in anything lager than a sphere a few meters across (and anything that fell into that area after I started drawing it in). At least for me, it takes energy to collect it that way. The only stuff I get for 'free' is what I produce and what drifts into contact with my physical body. Ley lines I also have a basic knowledge of from pick up bits in general reading, though I have a harder time actually understanding them. From what I gather they are energy rivers that flow from point to point all over the world like normal rivers. the part I don't understand is where are the 'watersheds' for them? My first thought was that orgone energy acted like rain and collected into streams and rives but the energy bits that I can sense seem to pass right on through everything unless acted upon by someone like me who is drawing it in. So when does it form the ley lines? Feng shui I've not even found a reference for yet (although I did find a listing for one book in the county library computerized card catalog) I'm going to the library today to try again.... ANy more helpful hints? JABBER v1.2 Fundys and mormons and cultists--oh my! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Dr Phelix Area: MagickNet To: Thomas Izaguirre 14 Feb 95 08:57:00 Subject: Magic & The Mind UpdReq TI This is called psychometry and again may pertain to a relationship you have Another term I'm having a hard time finding.... TI The best book I can recommend for your situation is "Prometheus Rising" by TI Robert Anton Wilson. After that, I suggest "Angel Tech" and "All Rites TI Reversed" by Antero Alli. Scrupulously avoid anything by the Golden Dawn, None of which list in the comp card catalog for whole county public library system. Although I did find other titles by R.A. Wilson that I'm going to look into. Doc JABBER v1.2 Zencrafters: Total enlightenment in about an hour. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718