From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Fly Boy 25 Jan 95 06:18:00 Subject: insanity UpdReq Greetings! I have to stop by to ask you a question? How much do you really know about Lovecraft? For example, did you know that H.P.Lovecraft was afraid of anything that was not christian, White (racially) and that he was so conservative as to make Old Newt swallow twice. The stories he wrote came from dreams he had that, and I quote, "scared him to death!" Did you know that Dr. John Dee was a devote Christian and what he and Kelly worked on, which is now called the Enochian system, he HOPED would bring about the Apocalpse. (He of course would be one of the one's going to heaven so...) Thus he called his system the Enochian system. The book of Enoch (which disapeared in the 8th century was the Jewish book of THE APOCALPSE) is what he named his work after in hopes to bring about the end of the world. How od these two unlikely names appear in the same post? Well, that's what I intend to elucidate about. H.P. Lovecraft, saw visions, or `dreams' that due to the way he thought, scared him and when he wrote about them he made sure that his audience was as scared as he was. Lovecraft was a tawdry little man, with nothing but predjudices and limited thinking to guide him through his life and his life experiences. When a gift is given there is no explanation as how or why it is given. In this case (and John Dee) why them? Hell, these guys certainly seem unworthy of any transmission from the Ancient Ones OR from Angelic beings. It's pointless to try to figure out the ways of the God/ess's. It's just the way we know today it happened. When I lived in England I spent quite some time looking through Dee's diaries and work. What a nut case! He really was hoping to pull down the Apcolapse! In his diary he speaks openly of how he tortured Edward Kelly so as to get what he wanted. (poor dude, just was'nt any good at scrying himself, so he tortures (literally) Edward Kelly intl doing for him.) And why not, this would `cleanse' the world and bring on (what is now refered to as) the Rapture. Both of the men I'm describing to you had their own personal agenda running QUITE seperately of the agenda intended by the Universe (at large). Today, I know Wiccans. Pagans, Thelemites and many more people who are pursuing the Enochian system. All of which know what Dr. Dee was thinking about at the time he wrote his studies down. Just because Dee was rather corrupt in his veiwpoint does not make the Enochian system corrupt, nor does the Enochian system mean to bring about the Apocalpse. Lovecraft, channeled to many dreams that are obviously related to ancient Mesopetamian religions (which, by the way, he knew absolutely nothing about). Why overlook his work any more than Dee's (or many other folk, including Crowley, the Golden Dawns work, A.O.Spare)??? If your a devote Wicccan, then I understand that this (Cthuloid workings) has no meaning in your life, but then why even bother to dispute it? You religate ALL Cthululiod workings to Chaos Magickians. That is utter crap! The first people (and the first published occlt work) come predominately from the O.T.O. For your info. the first book published on working the Necronomicon came frfusion concerning this matter. __ Lord Nadle Verax Anima (Harvey Newstrom) (harv@iu.net) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718