From: Rab Area: MagickNet To: Chris Stoudt 7 Dec 94 03:14:06 Subject: Re: contact... UpdReq -=> Quoting Chris Stoudt to Rab <=- CS> :) Nice to hear from you. My dealings with Astarte/Ashtoreth/Asteroff CS> were from Nov 1987-June 1988. Oh yes. An interesting time-frame also, although a bit later. Harmonic Convergence, so-called, the previous summer; and, for me, strong goddess influences right thru Christmas, Valentine's Day, and around the spring Equinox. Exceptional stuff. CS> I feel that she has still be around, but CS> not as ACTIVE and NOTICABLE to me as she was at that time. Do you know CS> the name of the entity you had contact with? The masculine one's in '84? Not really. In 87-88, it seemed like a host of goddess personae, which could include Isis, Astarte, or whomever. CS> I plan conjuration/etc to CS> get her back, but have been a little lazy... Plus I was just wondering CS> if anyone else has had dealings with her. Lazy will never do! 8-> ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Gaia Area: MagickNet To: RAB 9 Dec 94 02:36:00 Subject: Re: contact... UpdReq -=> Quoting Rab@93:9630/0.0 to Chris Stoudt <=- CS>what I am asking for is if anyone has had any contact/info/etc on CS>the entity CS>called Astoreth, also known as ASTARTE and a few other names. GAIA: This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I like it: (to the tune of "Old Time Religion") "Everybody will drink hearty In the worship of Astarte It will be one hell of a party And that's good enough for me." Sorry, I couldn't resist. ... I call things as I see them; If I didn't see them, I make them up! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Gaia Area: MagickNet To: All 9 Dec 94 02:36:00 Subject: My Son, The Mage UpdReq GAIA SAYS: Hi Everybody! My son is visiting me for an extended period of time, and since I wanted him to meet all my good cyber-friends, I have introduced him to the Net. Maybe it's genetic, but he's of course hooked, so this is a formal introduction. I disavow any responsibility for anything that happens from here on. To paraphrase Mithrandir, Say Hello, Strohm. STROHM SAYS: Hello Strohm (We only steal from the best.) Hello everyone. A little about myself- My mother describes me as a Shamanic Sorcerer. Common usage English probably doesn't get any closer, but Really what I am is "Me-ian". Most of what I do and think came from me, only the seeds came from books and teachers and established religions/philosophies. The Shamanic part is centered around harnassing environmental energy. I have personal relationships with places in order to increase my overall level of connection to the universe. The Sorcery part is centered around pure conciousness, and the manipulation of ones own conciousness into what might be thought of as an angelic or Godlike state in order to wield the power and authority of the universe. In wicca, something like this is called "Drawing down the moon" Or, "Drawing down the sun." My mother and I both began our Exodus out of Mormonism Independantly of each other at approximately the same time. We found out about each other just in time to take our first wicca 101 class together when I was 15. She has basicly found her home in Wicca, and I am very happy for her. I am not sure that I could really define myself as Wiccan or Pagan because my experience of both has been that the symbols overshadow the reality, the reality gets lost, and nothing really happens, or what does happen is out of phase with itself. (Gaia has been working to convince me that I have much in common with Pagans and wiccans, And that I am basicly Pagan. This could be true, as I doubt the Pagans that I knew are genuine representations of the world community.) I have been lurking on the boards now for two days, and have a basic feel for Preacher and Daphne and Kato. I believe I wrote a message to Preacher, but I havn't done computers for about 5 years and am having a hard time adapting to the changes. I will definitely be posting a reply to Preacher about a ridiculous thing he said about my mother. This is the 6th time I have written this message, Gaia is having a hard time figuring out how to cross post it. Please forgive me for being uncharcteristically dry. I Look foreward to talking with all of you. What can I say, I'm a Mother. ... My hard disk is full! Maybe I'll try this message section thing. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: WORED Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 5 Dec 94 07:06:38 Subject: Sigil Art and A.O. Spare UpdReq Re: Chaos FACT: Not all of Spares work by any means was done for Magickal purposes. There are some out of print books about Spare that quote him as saying the above. One, due to extreme poverty, there were times when he just went out and sketch peoples portraits wITHOUT any desire to Sigilize the picture/portrait. He wasn't to pleased about ever having to reduce his Art to the mundane level, but the fact is that he had to resort to mundanian Art quite often in order to fed himdelf. I have read by I don't know how many people on different BBS' are stating that every single peice of work he did was pure Sigil and Automatic drawings. It's not true. You can read Kenneth Grants work about Spare and in every account Grant gives he DOES imply that Spare did pure Magickal art, but if you read a bit further you'll notice how Spare told Grant that sometimes he just had to go out and do some `regular' portraits so he could eat. I've been studying Spare with great enthusiasim sice thae mid seventy. I lived in Endland for a few years and got to see some of his work that just (for what ever reason) has not been published over here. (THANKS to Mr. Grant having ALL right to most of his work) I do have a collection of some of quite abit of his work from the quarterly magazines `Forum' and `The Golden Hind'. Quite a few of the drawings are just good old nude studies (beautifully rendered but NOT Siglized whatsoever. I'm an Artist, and attended The Academy of art for three years and theSan Francisco Art Institute for four years. I use Sigils and Automatic drawing as a basis for my work in Chaos Magick. I wish I could claim every peice I did came out of my Magick but Magick (sigil or otherwise) is done with intent. One can argue the `sleight fo mind' thereom but I don't think that's an adequate answer. But then if it is the wish to believe that al of Spares' work was pure gnosis on paper then so be it. After all, Spare himself wrote in `Forum at one time, "Better to beleive untruth than have the sterility of unascertainability; to believe anything sufficiently makes desire connective." So, Spare just undid my whole debate on the subject with one sentence. (Maybe) LIFE IN EXPANSION GNOSIS NO RESTRICTIONS", cried the wandering Wored. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Gaia Area: MagickNet To: CHRISTEOS PIR 9 Dec 94 02:36:00 Subject: Re: Wideranging Myths UpdReq -=> Quoting Christeos Pir@93:9810/8.0 to Gaia <=- -=> Gaia sent a message to Rab on 22 Nov 94 02:28:00 <=- -=> Re: Re: Wideranging Myths <=- CP> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Ga> Get me references. I occasionally work with 15-16 c. Navajo Ga> (Athapaskan) archaeology around here. CP> CP> Say, don't I know you from somewhere? GAIA, REALLY GAIA: Hi. Actually, as you probably have been told by now, the message to which you're referring wasn't written by me, but by a friend - Thorson - whose machine I was using while mine was sick. We have nursed mine back to health and Thorson, overjoyed at the prospect of not having to field my messages, will be delighted (and more than qualified!) to answer your archeological pot- dating questions! That's his thing, y'know - he does it for everybody from China to the Southwest! Nice to hear from you, CP. Blessings, Gaia ... Catch the Blue Wave! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Gaia Area: MagickNet To: RAB 9 Dec 94 02:36:00 Subject: Re: Wideranging Myths UpdReq -=> Quoting Rab@93:9630/0.0 to Gaia <=- Ra> I'm trying a private post: Ra> Mind telling me your real name, where you're located, and what you're Ra> currently working on? GAIA: Um, not sure whether this is meant for me, Gaia, or Thorson, the archaeologist who whose machine I used and accidentally confused uploads with. Let either of us know, we're both happy to answer mail! Both of our addresses are @ELF, so you may mail us directly. ... Catch the Blue Wave! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Wored 9 Dec 94 00:00:02 Subject: Yo Max! UpdReq Thus said Wored to Josh Norton concerning Yo Max!: Wo> Re: Chaos 2/ Wo> Greetings, Wo> I was reading your post concerning Pete Carrolls work and just want to Wo> comment that I found his concepts erroneous and contridictory. When I Wo> saw Pete do the lecture thing (this is right after Liber Null) he was Wo> [....] Wo> Carroll calls himself a scientist but admits he has no Doctorate in Wo> any of the sciences. H wo't say if he has any academic qualifications Wo> AT ALL. In one book ritual is completely archiac and unnecessary, in Wo> Liber Kaos it's very necessary. Hi Wored! Without going into details, I agree that Carrol seems guilty of sloppy and inconsistent thinking many places in both books. I've found that this is a general attribute of chaosist writers. He does have many good ideas as well, particularly on the practical side of things. But there seems to be a gap between his theory and practice. ... Voodoo acupuncture: You don't have to go. ___ X Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718