From: MR. MAN Area: MagickNet To: GRENDEL GRETTISSON 24 Oct 94 16:52:00 Subject: THE SACRED GROVE UpdReq GG>It has been fun but PODS has gotten less and less interesting and >more and more repetitious and boring over the last year or so. The >same conversations (that were boring after the first time) repeated >over and over again. Silly continual arguments of semantics about >"What is a Pagan?" and constant irritants from people that probably >should know better. Enough for me in any case. Honey, it ain't just here. Have you been on America Online or Prodigy? ...and don't get me started on Fidonet! Talk about trite! The only place where I've seen serious conversation between adults is on Compuserve....and of course they don't have a pagan conference! My personal thoughts are you should stay and take a more active role in directing the threads away from "Tell me ALL about being a pagan" and "My trad is better than YOURS" to the next level. N'ces pas? * SLMR 2.1 * Talk is cheap until you hire a lawyer 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Cijan Nee Grania Area: MagickNet To: Sewa Yoleme 27 Oct 94 18:31:00 Subject: Universal Laws? UpdReq -=> Quoting Sewa Yoleme to All <=- SY> Just as there are inviolable laws in the physical world--gravity; SY> birth-growth-death of all living organisms; the action-reaction rule; SY> etc., etc.--what "inviolable laws" have you all discovered for the SY> spiritual world? What happens the same way every time when you do SY> something to trigger it? What do you think is true--not only for you SY> but for everyone who has dealings with the spiritual realm? SY> Another side question: if the physical and the spiritual are SY> interconnected, do you believe that EVERYTHING you do in the physical SY> world has an effect in the spiritual world, and vice versa? If so, SY> how? What does it look like when this happens? SY> One caveat: I'd prefer no glib "Love is the law, love under will" SY> responses, please. Yes, I'll agree that love is essential, but I'm SY> talking about laws in the sense of cause-and-effect here, not ethical SY> rules of behavior. SY> Let me what you think! Let me say first that I work from a witches prespective rather than a magicians. I have a MA in para-psy, which strikes many as an odd combination. I tend to say "As above so below, as within so without." That being said let me tackle your questions. I have noticed over the years that work flow best when I do it in conjuntion with the phases of the moon and the turning of the year. The main "inviolabe law" that I have discoverd is that nothing is free. You pay for everything on one level or another (ie you ask for money, you get overtime). Another is that sloppy work nets sloppy results (ie a poorly thought out spell brings excatly what you asked for). Is EVERYTHING interconnected? I'm not sure. I do see alot of overlap. Self help workings manifest themmselves in my day to day life. My relationship to the Horned God is a reflection of my relationship with my husband. Or is it the other way around, I have servered the Elder Gods longer after all. The human mind is a powerful tool. Trained and excrsied regularly no limit has yet been found for it's ability to manifest beliefs in the physical. Cijan ... A kiss is a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 27 Oct 94 08:47:00 Subject: ARROWS'N'THANGZ UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Greets! > Okay -- I'm braced! Good thing too, huh? ;> I dunno what it is, but I've been having some truly bizarre dreams lately, as well as some really intense meditative visions. You haven't shown up again, but the steenkin' arrow has! =:o > Heehee. _Of_course_ a Sagittarian magician would know about arrows! ;-> Sag. was one of the first things that occurred to me, but it didn't look like the kind of arrow an archer would use, y'know! More like a big, pretty blue-and-gold 'Detour' sign or something! ;> > Maybe you were picking up on that for some unknown reason. (I know it > sounds unlikely, but stranger and more improbable things have > happened.) > > Let me run a search and see which ones....yes, Parts nine through > eleven, Andispi, Thotanp, and Axziarg. The first of these is in Aethyr > ZOM, the others in PAZ. > > (Apparently there's some trouble with these coming through the net, but > if you can find a BBS that got them, they might be worth a look. I know > Arena has them all, since I uploaded them there. They're much too long > to burden the net with a second upload.) Well hey, I'm a strange and improbable kinda grrrl! ;> The mail flow to our Enochian echo--as well as the Thelema echo ( :/ ) and a few others has been sporadic lately. I call Arena once in a while, so I'll check there soon and see if anything goes ::ping!:: for me. ;> > Capricorn sees what might be the goal in the distance, and plods one > step at a time over the intervening terrain until it gets there. The > "conquest" and control of the territory is actually more important than > the goal itself. Call it the "king of the mountain" syndrome. Or more > charitably, the masonic mentality -- methodically assembling building > blocks from the bottom up in a gravity-defying structure until the > assemblage is high enough to touch the goal. I've got *tons* of Capricorn in my chart...and to be honest, that sounds kinda like my personal methodology. Not the conquest part, but the one-step-at-a-time plodding forward. With flashes of bizarre mysto-psycho-samadhi Aha! kinda stuff for spice. Hmmmm... . > Sagittarius represents an alternative strategy. Metaphorically, it's > like the hunter shooting an arrow at a distant target. The arrow > concentrates his force into a small package that reaches, hits and > anchors itself in the target much faster than he could move all of > himself over the same distance. Once the goal is hit, the rest of him > can follow along in a leisurely fashion, expending the minimum energy > necessary to get there. He doesn't care about the intervening territory > at all, except insofar as it determines the most efficient path between > his starting position and the target. Double hmmm. Sounds like another damn message from the subconscious...jeeze, I hate those. :/ It means another 'lesson' is coming up! Grumble, grumble. > Another metaphor occurs to me. If you're standing on the ground (or in > TEX, the most "earthy" of the Aethyrs :>) your view of things around you > is relatively limited. All sorts of nearby objects obstruct your vision > of things further away. And if you're unfamiliar with the surrounding > territory, knowing which direction to move can be a problem. I hear that. > But if you could attach a tiny camera to an arrow (Hey -- "Arrow-Cam"! > Call Dave Letterman!) and shoot it straight up, it would give you a > wider view. You wouldn't see as much detail, but you would see much more > territory; enough to give you some idea of which way you want to move. LOL--Stupid Magician Tricks? ;> Something's starting to gel around what you're saying, but it's not quite 'there' yet...and seems pretty much completely personal--not in the sense of 'too intimate to share,' but in the sense of 'applicable specifically to me, and not relevant on any wider scale.' So I'll mull some more and prob keep my conclusions to myself, since I doubt they'd be useful or interesting to anyone else. > [ Continued In Next Message... ] See ya there! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 27 Oct 94 08:52:44 Subject: ARROWS'N'THANGZ, PART 2 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > [ ...Continued From Previous Message ] Ditto. ;> > into a small package, leaving behind all the trappings of your > personality for a moment, and "shoot" it upwards through the planes, you > could get a better perspective on your current position and figure out > where you want to go next. > > Any of that help? Yes--at least I think so, from my current perspective. ;> Many thanks! > It works that way for me. All my "faults" and "virtues" are really the > same basic themes or energies, played out in differing contexts. Crowley as a Solar/Martial manifestation is awfully obvious--you're a little more enigmatic, possibly just because I'm an Enochian-dunce and haven't really read much of your work, just your posts on the nets. What 'type' of manifestation are *you*? > I got the sysop to put my alias in the "real name" block of the BBS > listing, which solved the problem. But now I find I rather like the new > reader; it keeps a database of old messages, so I don't have to go > sorting through half a dozen old packets to find the threads of a > discussion. Taglines or easy reference? What a choice to make... I'm sure the easy ref is much more convenient...but much less entertaining for your public audience. ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 27 Oct 94 09:21:28 Subject: Re: REPLY UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > up.) Anyway, it's impossible for me to edit/reply to more than about > 50-60 lines at a time these days, so you'll get the answer in > chunks. No rush, no prob, no worries. ;> > Am saving you a wonderfully depraved joke. Ooooooh! }:D Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Grendel Grettisson Area: MagickNet To: Christeos Pir 28 Oct 94 07:13:00 Subject: The Sacred Grove UpdReq CP> Anyway, some of us'll miss ya. Will you be hanging out in CP> alt.magick any? Yep. I'm there regularily even if I don't post much. Wassail, Grendel Grettisson 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718