From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Frank Mertus 22 Oct 94 08:23:40 Subject: Re: RPSTOVAL UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > RPSTOVAL oasis is in Medford, Oregon. (Be damned if I can remember the > po box .) > > Also, Portland has a couple of new ones as well. I did know about RPSTOVAL, but don't have the address...and I was pulling em right out of the _Link_, so I gave the dude all the info at hand.Maybe you should tell him stead of me? I think his name was Lazaris or something like that. Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 21 Oct 94 16:00:00 Subject: chaos 1/ Rec'd UpdReq Thus said Rose Dawn to Josh Norton concerning Re: chaos: RD> Yo, dude! ;> Hey, dudette! RD> RD> Bizarre, completely irrelevant aside coming up--You Have Been Warned! RD> Okay -- I'm braced! RD> [long paragraph deleted.] RD> NEwayz, it was one of those weird dreams that doesn't feel like normal RD> dreaming, nor yet like a 'lucid' dream, but almost like, RD> while you know you're asleep, you're having a daydream, RD> but the images are more like visions--if you have any idea RD> at all what I'm getting at. You were doing something with RD> the Aethyrs, and I was stuck in TEX. been there, or tried even that much yet!> I got a clear RD> pic of the same arrow-looking-thang, and heard a voice RD> telling me that *you* knew what it was & what it meant. RD> That's the basic 'meat'. So...is there anything you feel RD> compelled to tell me? LOL!! warn you!> ;> Heehee. _Of_course_ a Sagittarian magician would know about arrows! ;-> As it happens, arrows have figured centrally in several of the visions of the 91 Parts of the Earth that I've posted recently, and the Parts are all contained within the Aethyrs. So your dream is right so far. Maybe you were picking up on that for some unknown reason. (I know it sounds unlikely, but stranger and more improbable things have happened.) Let me run a search and see which ones....yes, Parts nine through eleven, Andispi, Thotanp, and Axziarg. The first of these is in Aethyr ZOM, the others in PAZ. (Apparently there's some trouble with these coming through the net, but if you can find a BBS that got them, they might be worth a look. I know Arena has them all, since I uploaded them there. They're much too long to burden the net with a second upload.) If the above isn't the connection, then I don't know what its all about. Arrows have so many connections for me that I'm not certain which of them would be relevant to your situation. I'll just ramble on the subject for a while, and you can tell me if anything clicks. The arrow is the glyph of Sagittarius, of course. Sag. and Capricorn, the signs on either side of the winter solstice, are both symbols of what might be called "directed intent". That is, of the ability to see a goal and work towards it. Or in creative work, to envision a result and make it become real. But the two signs represent very different ways of achieving the goal. Capricorn sees what might be the goal in the distance, and plods one step at a time over the intervening terrain until it gets there. The "conquest" and control of the territory is actually more important than the goal itself. Call it the "king of the mountain" syndrome. Or more charitably, the masonic mentality -- methodically assembling building blocks from the bottom up in a gravity-defying structure until the assemblage is high enough to touch the goal. Sagittarius represents an alternative strategy. Metaphorically, it's like the hunter shooting an arrow at a distant target. The arrow concentrates his force into a small package that reaches, hits and anchors itself in the target much faster than he could move all of himself over the same distance. Once the goal is hit, the rest of him can follow along in a leisurely fashion, expending the minimum energy necessary to get there. He doesn't care about the intervening territory at all, except insofar as it determines the most efficient path between his starting position and the target. There's something very mystical about the Sagittarian perspective; seeing a thing is equivalent to being at-one with it, in some sense. One doesn't worry about making a "magickal link" -- it already exists. One only has to figure out the details of the connection. And if you can throw even a little bit of your awareness into the thing you see, making the at-one-ment conscious, then you can use that new perspective to look back at the rest of yourself and see how you can bring it over to the new perspective. Sort of a magickal version of stereoscopic vision. Another metaphor occurs to me. If you're standing on the ground (or in TEX, the most "earthy" of the Aethyrs :>) your view of things around you is relatively limited. All sorts of nearby objects obstruct your vision of things further away. And if you're unfamiliar with the surrounding territory, knowing which direction to move can be a problem. But if you could attach a tiny camera to an arrow (Hey -- "Arrow-Cam"! Call Dave Letterman!) and shoot it straight up, it would give you a wider view. You wouldn't see as much detail, but you would see much more territory; enough to give you some idea of which way you want to move. So, magickally speaking, if you could concentrate your consciousness [ Continued In Next Message... ] -- SPEED 1.30 [NR]: 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 21 Oct 94 16:00:02 Subject: chaos 2/ Rec'd UpdReq [ ...Continued From Previous Message ] into a small package, leaving behind all the trappings of your personality for a moment, and "shoot" it upwards through the planes, you could get a better perspective on your current position and figure out where you want to go next. Any of that help? > I find I've become more tolerant of Crowley's foibles lately. Any being > with a finite part -- even a Magus -- is going to be "flawed" in some > dimensions. Often those flaws are simply the flip side of some aspects > of character that is important to their magickal work. In Crowley's case > one might expect that, being a solar-martial manifestation, he would > present the nasty/sexist expressions of those forces as well as the > heroic/artistic ones. RD> RD> Hmmm. Very insightful...I don't think I've ever heard that RD> idea expressed before. It makes eminent sense to me! Do RD> you see this dynamic working the same way in your own RD> magical career? I spoze it would apply equally well to RD> anyone on any magical/spiritual path.... It works that way for me. All my "faults" and "virtues" are really the same basic themes or energies, played out in differing contexts. RD> RD> No bizarre tagline? Awwww....bummer! RD> Just one of those things. Star in the Circle is ceasing operation, so I switched to another BBS. The new BBS refused to put my alias into the download packet, and Blue Wave won't let me change the name in the "TO:" block of a reply. So I switched to another offline reader that would let me change the name; unfortunately, all my taglines are longer than it allows! I got the sysop to put my alias in the "real name" block of the BBS listing, which solved the problem. But now I find I rather like the new reader; it keeps a database of old messages, so I don't have to go sorting through half a dozen old packets to find the threads of a discussion. Taglines or easy reference? What a choice to make... ... Real Daleks don't climb stairs. They level the building! === Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 -- SPEED 1.30 [NR]: 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718