From: Kai Mactane Area: MagickNet To: All 14 Oct 94 23:49:40 Subject: Slow/missing replies UpdReq Just a note to relevant parties -- Sorry if some of my replies are a little out of date, I've been kept overly busy off-line. Also, a couple of my .QWK packets were over- written before I was done with them, so if you sent me something that didn't get replied to, by all means re-post or other wise remind me. I'm not blowing anyone off, just lost the messages. :) --Kai MacTane. ... At the still point of destruction/At the center of the fury... ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kai Mactane Area: MagickNet To: Andrew Hotopp 15 Oct 94 15:39:46 Subject: Re: answer UpdReq -=> Yglr'th Andrew Hotopp zrlq Kai Mactane z'qwan "Answer"? -=> F'dzeh nyq'rhg: AH> Well, I picked you because you seemed to know a lot and you had a AH> cool name. I was wondering how I could start out being a magic user. AH> Magic is pretty cool. Later dude. Okay, thanks for the compliment. I need to know a little about what you already know or don't know. For example, you say magic is cool. Now, I'm not about to disagree, but what led *you* to that conclusion? Have you read books, have you seen it done, have you done some yourself? Are you just guessing? (It's okay if you are; you're at least trying to learn! :) While you're sending an answer to that and waiting for a reply, you can also look for a copy of _Real_Magic_, by Isaac Bonewits. The book is a toned-down version of Bonewits final thesis for his Bachelor's degree in Magic and Thaumaturgy from U.C. Berkeley. It's entertaining, thought-provoking and will give you some knowledge and vocabulary to kick around and communicate with. --Kai MacTane. ... I'm a Neo-TechnoPagan...I worship the Great Holy Motherboard! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kai Mactane Area: MagickNet To: Fr. D.E.U. 16 Oct 94 21:52:48 Subject: Re: more on money magick UpdReq -=> Yglr'th Fr. D.e.u. zrlq Kai Mactane z'qwan "Re: more on money magick"? -=> F'dzeh nyq'rhg: FD> I would like to see both yours and Joseph Max's posting on Money FD> Rituals. Thanks. Okay, here goes: My method is basically taken straight out of Donald Michael Kraig's _Modern_Magick_, and works by creating a talisman to attract money into your life. So far, I have used it with great success for jobs and an apartment, as well, and feel confident that it would work just as well on any physical item or influence that lies within the user's "sphere of possibility" (things that are attainable and sustainable. For example, I could afford a normal car, but a mansion is completely beyond my means.) The major theory behind talismans (talismen?) seems to be that the energy you put into designing the symbols and sigils on them is part of their power, and therefore will affect their success. So, I put a lot of effort into the sigils. For example, I check my sigils via gematria to see how applicable they are to the situation. Like, if I'm doing a sigil for "job," I'll probably spell it yod-ayin-beth, which totals a 1. That beats spelling it yod-vau-beth, which would total 9, but "employment," spelled (very literally) aleph-mem-peh-lamedh-aleph-yod-mem-nun-tav, yielding 4, would be even better (at least by my standards, since I frequently do job magicks through Chesed). If a word seems really ideal but doesn't want to work in the standard Hebrew gematria system, I'll try the Pythagorean letter-values, or the Greek alphabet. If that doesn't work (and I'm getting desperate! :) I'll try using the Futhark or Ogham alphabets. Regardless of which alphabet I use to get my numbers, I make sure to do the sigil in a method compatible with that alphabet. (I consider the Rose Cross and planetary kameas compatible with both Greek and Hebrew, as well as English.) I generally try to make my talismans with as many sides as the sephiroth I'm calling on, and use that shape to guide my layout of the various symbols, sigils and whatever. I feel that the excessive amount of effort going into the physical creation of the talisman has something to do with its success, though the actual charging and activation of it is still of paramount importance. For that, I basically just use Kraig's simplified talisman consecration ritual, and put as much energy as I can into the charging of the thing. That's basically all there is to it. When it's charged, I keep the thing with me until the objective is achieved. I usually wait until the achievement is both actual _and_ has been marked by some symbolic occurrence, like a first paycheck from a job, or getting the last box unpacked in a new apartment. Then I burn the talisman in a short, simple ritual. --Kai MacTane. ... One form of immortality is as good as another. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 15 Oct 94 13:17:02 Subject: Chaos UpdReq Thus said Rose Dawn to Josh Norton concerning Chaos: RD> Howdy Josh! RD> Hi! > I do recall a time when there was a rather large -- not to mention noisy > -- Crowley-can-do-no-wrong faction on the East Coast and in the Midwest. > But in perspective it seems to me that their "fundamentalism" was partly > a matter of lack of things to compare him to, partly from a sense of > social isolation, and partly a reaction to the syrupy goo of 60s and 70s > Newageism. RD> RD> Heh--remember, I'm a Rosie-come-lately and a Holy-Coaster RD> to boot. ;> Holy Chalice on so the Holy Coffee Table won't get Holy- RD> Water-Marks....oy ka fe fe...ignore me, please!> Too late -- I already barfed all over my monitor! RD> RD> What you've said makes a lot of sense to me. I most *definitely* disagree RD> with Crowley-the-flawed-human-being on several points, but RD> when confronted by the Eeeeeek!-reactions of White Lite RD> Nazis who are obviously not only ignorant of anything he RD> actually said or wrote, but unwilling to bother to dispell RD> said ignorance, my natural reaction is to 'circle the RD> wagons and shoot back.' They can be a pain in the butt even for the enlighted. I recall a story Crowley told about a Hindu Rishi/Mahatma/whatever who had to put on a disguise and sneak out whenever he wanted to relax with a good dinner and a show. His self-appointed followers couldn't believe that anyone in such a high state of evolution would have an interest in anything as mundane as being entertained. RD> When in more intelligent company RD> , I've got no trouble at all making distinctions RD> between AC-as-Prophet and AC-as-sexist/bigoted-pompous-ass . RD> ;> Although I'm also revising some of those opinions RD> too...not that his personal prejudices and failings aren't RD> glaringly obvious at times, but some of what I initially RD> perceived to fall into the 'Bullshit!' category is now RD> being upgraded to the 'Hmmmm...maybe he meant {whatever}' RD> category. It's absolutely amazing what second and third RD> takes will sometimes do to ya! ;> RD> I find I've become more tolerant of Crowley's foibles lately. Any being with a finite part -- even a Magus -- is going to be "flawed" in some dimensions. Often those flaws are simply the flip side of some aspects of character that is important to their magickal work. In Crowley's case one might expect that, being a solar-martial manifestation, he would present the nasty/sexist expressions of those forces as well as the heroic/artistic ones. RD> RD> How've you been, BTW? Still crazy-busy, or just plain busy now? ;> RD> Not busy enough, where money-producing activities are concerned. Been riding the edge of stone broke for a couple of months now. Other than that, you might have seen my current project over in the Enochian echo -- doing an exploration of all of the "91 Parts of the Earth" from Dee's _Liber Scientia_. Got up to number 13 and found I had to space them out a bit; I was getting overloaded. Probably do about one a week from here on, unless it gets interesting again... ___ X SPEED 1.30 [NR] X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718