From: RAINLAKE Area: MagickNet To: CHRIS LEE 11 Sep 94 01:49:20 Subject: Sigils UpdReq -> -> Incredible message on sigils... It answered alot of my questions... -> I am learning alot by reading this echo.. would it be proper to -> ask for persons thoughts and prayers to be sent my way?? as I am -> in a tight position with work/home/finances right now. Seeking -> the power to overcome it all... thannks for your incredible -> response!!! -> Yes, it was. But may I add that many of us prefer to cast a magickal phrase, regardless of the method used to internalize it, not as a wish but as something that has already happened? Not I WISH TO BE WELL, for instance, but I AM NOW PERFECTLY WELL. That way the subconscious gets "programmed" to be in the state desired, not just to intensify the already-existing wish for it. Also, many would disagree that the conscious mind's help short-circuits magick. That hasn't been my experience, or that of most successful magickmakers I know. Also sounds to me like trying to ditch part of yourself at the temple door...some religions encourage that with minds, some with bodies, but i don't want to leave ANY of me out when I do magick. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 11 Sep 94 16:15:18 Subject: Descent to the Underworld UpdReq Hi Josh! You and I have talked about this a little before. I'm looking at various mythologies for descents into the underworld. We've talked a little about Ishtar/Inanna and Persephone/Prosperina. Are there any others you can think of at the moment? Is there anything similar in Egyptian mythology? Also I'm interested in various mythological figures who walk between the worlds, here and in the underworld. I know that Anubis is one. Isn't the Hermes/Thoth/Tahuti archetype another? Perhaps the ones who guard the crossroads would be equally appropriate. Any ideas? Thanks, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lord Triskellion Area: MagickNet To: Andy Bender 11 Sep 94 17:22:32 Subject: Re: Ashtar? UpdReq So u won't be at a loss, we'll QUOTE u. YA that's it! AB> It could be related, but was definitely pronounced Ashtar. I thought AB> at first that it probably was related to Astarte, although the context AB> of this entity is, I think, quite a bit darker than she. Thanks for AB> checking, I appreciate it. I did come across something called Ashtar Vidya....Refers to an ancient hindu work on magic. Is the diety Hindu?? . ... 9 out of 10 men who try Camels still prefer women... ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Morgan Le Fey Area: MagickNet To: CIJAN NEE GRANIA 10 Sep 94 09:35:00 Subject: MONEY MAGICK UpdReq CNG>None at all. It's just bits of paper or numbers lying about in a bank book CNG>I've never seen wealth as money though so this one's easy for me to grasp. CNG>M> It's important to remember that in order for Money Magick to manifest CNG> JM> results, it is necessary to provide that "conduit" for the money to CNG> JM> flow to you. Giving a magickal "push" to a business venture is far mor CNG> JM> likely to yield results than trying to divine lottery numbers. CNG> It's always been true for me. I don't win at anything unless there is no CNG> other way for something to get done. ie. The wheel bearings went out on CNG> my car. I won $10.00 more than I needed to fix it at Lotto. Gave the ext CNG> to a street musican. My mother didn't raise any dumb witches. Wonderful! I love it! However, right now our needs are many and the money just isn't there. Brakes need fixed on the car, the car needs new tires, the heat pump needs fixed, and the trailer needs a new porch because this one is rotting. One of the needs is being met because someone on the PODSnet here saw a post of mine to someone else and is going to go through the community closet that they run and see about sending me some clothes for the kids. So the magick worked for meeting that need, but as for the other stuff... And that's the big stuff! We also have trouble making our basic bills. Found out the hard way that it doesn't pay to be honest and do the right thing with the government because when I told them that Keeper is living with me my food stamps went from $295.00 a month down to $75.00 a month. Keeper only makes $5.50 an hour and I don't work at all. CNG> I use a "seed & feed" method. I have a couple of silver pieces and old CNG> silver certificates that I use for seed. I sew a bag and decorate it with CNG> symbols of what I want. Then I lay it on my altar with my "seed" in it an CNG> feed it coins daily. After a year and a day I remove the "seed" to start CNG> new bag with and drop the bag off with someone who needs the luck, no CNG> explanation given. Interesting method... but when you drop the bag off with someone who needs the luck, is that with or without the coins used to feed the seed? Maybe I am being a little thick this morning... CNG> Does it work. I've never gone without! I live comfortably and don't spen CNG> all my time just gathering the basics. Yes, that is very tiring and time consuming and I am tired of it. Any ideas for me? Bright blessings, Morgan * QMPro 1.02 41-7560 * I used to have a handle on life---then it broke --- Silver Xpress Mail System 5.00F3 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: JOSEPH MAX Area: MagickNet To: KAI MACTANE 8 Sep 94 08:56:00 Subject: Re: MONEY MAGICK UpdReq -=> Quoting Kai Mactane to Joseph Max <=- RD> In my experience, 'tweaked' rituals are incredibly powerful, while RD> i-dotting and t-crossing is more along the lines of 'good magical RD> practice.' JM> "Good magickal practice" be damned. I've seen so many people so JM> hung-up on figuring out what is the "right" phase of the moon or JM> getting exactly the "right" color of Venusian green candles for a JM> ritual that they never get anything _done_! KM> I can see your objection, but I know that, for me, the shade KM> *is* important! Especially with the green that you use as an example. KM> Some shades of green are Venerian to my eye, but others are earthy and KM> fertile-looking. If I try to do a Venerian working with pine-green KM> candles, I'll be continually fighting the urge to see them as Earth KM> symbols. Of course, this is very different from "the Ascended KM> Masters told me the candles *must* reflect exactly in the 5200 KM> angstrom range." :) Exactly the point. I'm extremely nit-picky about my magickal tools as well, but *I* set the standards of what to be picking nits about. I'm referring more to the ones who spend countless hours/days/months/years trying to decide just what the One And Only True Way of the Great Invisible White Brotherhood of Secret Chief Ascended Masters (Inc.) _really_ meant by "the dust of the one real and authentic black stone of the ancient druidic philosphers, according to the (buttered) Scone Manuscripts, numbers 327.666 to 723.999, Dust-Covered British Museum Archives Room 23, shelf 7... ... Reality-ometer: [\........] Hmmph! Thought so... ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718