From: BULLWINKLE Area: MagickNet To: MORGAN LE FEY 1 Jul 94 00:28:00 Subject: RE: RE: FAMILIARS UpdReq MLF> Granted... this is my point exactly. So how, therefore, can we MLF> be "superior" to any species? M>Er...um...we can make pollution? No, no, that can't be it. Er...we can M>lose our tools? Hmm, no... We can decide whether we want to be in or out? M>Yep, that's it, if anything is. MLF> Though my (human) children certainly can't decide if MLF> they want in or out either... Don't worry, they *will*! My 2 year old just figured out how to unlock the sliding glass door to the back yard (which ends at the lagoon ). I volunteered to stay home with the little monst*** er uh darling; so how come nobody told me it would turn out to be full time! B*B Bullwinkle };-) ... Single tasking? Just say no! * Q-Blue 1.0 [NR] * 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Agthorr Area: MagickNet To: Ace Lightning 3 Jul 94 15:50:18 Subject: High Off Drugs UpdReq > Ace Lightning smurfed this message to Agthorr AL> If two people are standing right next to you having a conversation, AL> you're not invading their privacy by overhearing what they say. If AL> people don't want their thoughts/feelings listened in on, then they AL> shouldn't think so loud! ;-) heh heh heh.. AG> (my history would comment to me when he passed back the tests, "You AG> know, Dan, you should move to California or something. You know what AG> you're doing in your own laid-back way.") AL> Could you give *my* teenager a crash course? (yeah, fat chance...> If only I could teleport. ;-) AL> That's *SCARY*. Never mind the disclaimers; on a subconscious level, AL> they're telling people "drink this chemical crap and good things will AL> happen to you". Since it hooks into some very primitive belief-areas AL> of the mind, this is downright sneaky. I'm glad you told me; now I'll AL> know never to buy the stuff, or call the hotline, or anything. hmm.. well, kinda... their claims are *extremely* far-fetched (designed for humor), and I think their goal is to appeal to what they believe is the average teenage worldview rather than hypnotize people. Rather funny, but get's boring quickly (especially if you're used to stuff like Monty Python ). It is, however, "chemical crap". :) AL> You're right; the newer one (now over a month old anyway). has it been that long? It seems like last week... (it's summer - I have *NO* concept of time ) AG> bleh. Well, for now I'll say that "getting rid of the old" went AG> miraculously (although I feel sorry for ANYONE who gets the chicken AG> pocks at that age) and the "in with the new" is going, umm.. weird. ;) AL> Hope it's a good kind of weird, anyway! heh.. yes, it is. Well, by my weird standards anyways. ;-) as I said though, if you're curious, I'll send you details (now that my sysop has everything straightened out ), even though I'm out of the sticky situation. ;) heh.. BTW, I read _Stranger_In_A_Strange_Land_ and _The_Moon_Is_A_Harsh_Mistress_. Does Heinlein ALWAYS have some main character named "Mike" who isn't quite normal that he kills off at the end of the book? -- Agthorr ... NYC outlawed MACE. That should stop violent crime! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Holly Landers Area: MagickNet To: Elaine Poncelet 4 Jul 94 21:34:60 Subject: Re: New To Wicca Sent UpdReq EP> My name is Elaine and my husband's name is Stan. We are new to this EP> net and new to studying WICCA. The both of us really feel that we have Hello Elaine and Stan i am Holly. I suggest you come join us over in the Seekers echo, if your bbs carries it. the people their have been very helpful to me, all have shown me kindness and friendship. I am learning as well and would be very interested in disscussing with you. While i really am not the person to ask your questions to as i am new and know very little but if i can answer something i would of course be happy to. Love Holly ... It's 22:34:34 do you know where your tagline is? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718