From: Ace Lightning Area: MagickNet To: Gwenny The Pooh 12 Jun 94 17:06:24 Subject: Fantasy Circles UpdReq GTP> AL> Well, I write rightie, and generally use my right hand for things > AL> requiring extremely fine motor skills. But I can only snap my fingers > AL> with my left hand; my right hand produces no sound. And, of course, > AL> typing on a computer keyboard gives both hands equal opportunity. GTP>Hmmmm.... Well, I haven't tried a Dvorak keyboard yet! ;-) GTP> AL> Why? Did you think I was talking about something "suggestive"? Moi??! GTP>Of course not!! How silly of me ..... This BBS is also GODnet Intergalactic Headquarters. Recently a whole bunch of deranged Australians have joined GODnet. You wanna talk "suggestive" (hell, they don't "suggest", they put it all right there in cold print!)! They've added a new echo to GODnet - "The Underwear Party". And, since several of them are into genital piercing, masochism, and assorted other forms of erotic weirdness, it's gotten *VERY* entertaining lately! GTP>... An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible. Yet another one I can steal! --- SLMR 2.0 Innuendo: Where your cat sits to look outside at birds. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ace Lightning Area: MagickNet To: Dan Stutzbach 13 Jun 94 11:03:54 Subject: High Off Drugs UpdReq DS>well, for me I tend to "feel" things when I'm having some profound >emotional experience (like watching Star Wars or something ), so I >really couldn't think I was going mad, because it wasn't THAT random. It's a bit better now (some "New Age" spiritual stuff has gotten pretty mainstream), but it used to be that even a profound emotional experience could qualify you as a "nut case", especially if you were male. (It was okay for a woman to "have a good cry" at weddings, or while watching certain types of movies.) I'm glad that you at least had SOME validation for your early experiences! DS>More random stuff happened later, but I by then I was more prepared. ;) Just *PLEASE* don't ever be afraid of it! It is a rare and wonderful gift; learn to work with it, use it appropriately, and enjoy it, but **NEVER** fear it (or anything that it brings to you!)! DS>heh.. our culture IS flexible, provided you work in advertising. ;) The only "altered state" advertising is interested in is the state of zombie-like mindless "shopping trance", in which you'll buy anything if they repeat the name often enough. DS>hmm.. actually, you gotta figure I grew up in a universe with the Force, >where you didn't fall until you relized you weren't standing on >anything, and where green-bloody logicians were boldly going where no >man had gone before. :) I was already in *college* when the pointy-eared logician/sex symbol appeared. My formative years were the 1950's. They tried to convice us that hiding under our desks would protect us in case of a nuclear attack...and the Commies were likely to launch a nuclear attack any day now. For media heroes, we had Howdy Doody and Superman. Women were supposed to wear dresses and makeup, and smile a lot; if they had jobs, they were secretaries, teachers, nurses, or airline stewardesses (and an airline stewardess was probably "no better than she should be"). Most grownups smoked cigarettes. Emotions, psychic experiences, anything like that -- let's just not talk about it, dear... DS> AL> Your "from" line had your "real" name on it...did you change it on > AL> purpose? DS>umm.. no.. my sysop must be screwing with the settings again... I'll go >yell at him. ;) This packet has your mundane name on all your messages too. Yell louder. :-) --- SLMR 2.0 There just aren't enough days in the weekend! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718