From: Erin Area: MagickNet To: Lorax 8 Aug 92 14:30:38 Subject: Re: Sun? Female? UpdReq Quoth Lorax to Erin: You will note that all figures in mantic or battle trance in Irish and Scottish myth and folklore are described as reddened, or having red upon them. Using that logic, Finn, Cu, Fergus, the Dagda, Brigid, Morrigan, and a cast of hundreds would also be solar gods by that reckoning. Erynn and I just finished a series of three lectures on Celtic Poesy (Filiocht), meditation, and Faery. We discuss this at some length. If you are interested, you can get a copy of the relevant sections from us for the cost of postage, or the booklet (70+ pages) when it comes out. (Sorry I have to quote the whole thing. My sysop is coming to dinner Monday to show me how to break it up.) Thank you for your very kind offer of relevant sections of the booklet. But I'm one of those people who has to have the whole thing. :) Would you, however, let me know where I can obtain it? I'll be happy to send someone a check for sending it to me when it does appear. Didn't know about figures turning red before battle. For us in Texas that happens after eating jalapenos. ;-) However, the point that sticks in my mind is that Lugh turned red from sunset to dawn *every* evening. This, to me, indicates those solar attributes we were talking about, rather than battle preparation. Unless Lugh was getting ready to battle the night. Which *still* makes him have solar attributes. Incidentally, I've been reading this in Maire MacNeill's _The Festival of Lughnasa_. I can hunt it up for you and give you page numbers if you like. In the meantime, to you and your wife, Lughnasa sona dibh. (A little late, but I'm trying to use my baby Irish wherever I can.) Erin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ian Kesser Area: MagickNet To: Eric 7 Aug 92 02:53:00 Subject: Re: Re. The Great Seal Of UpdReq Regarding your thoughts on the Eye in the Pyramid... (fnord) I wrote this late, late one night after re-reading Illuminatus.. Pyramid "The I at the top of the Pyramid." But I is not I, and definately not Eye. The Aye at the base of the Pyramid distorts the view, making the I an Eye, which is blind to the I, oh. Twas definately an Englishman, not ole Adam, who sealed our current, see the Eye and miss the I, as was the intent. I is I but not I, oh you I is you, is I, is you. Aum Shiva, is closed, the lotus not opened, nor yoga of yin and of yang, a gang bang. Bang of our minds, a big bang, end, beginning. Ewige, servium, the gnosis psychosis the Aye blurs the Eye blurs the I is set free. Free floating the structure the break is the key, the Abyss mal mistake. The I in the Pyramid must to be Free. Admittedly, this probably belongs in Eris, but hey, Magicknet's the catch-all, ain't it? In any case, that's what I think the symbol means. With Love, Ian MMST 2.09 UnRegistered - Have you driven a fnord lately? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718