From: Khaled Area: MagickNet To: Frater Q.A.A. 6 Jul 92 02:04:52 Subject: Theban/Enochian UpdReq FQ> Since Grendel would prefer that I move my commentary FQ> elsewhere I shall attempt to move this conversation to FQ> MagickNet if you're interested in persuing this further. Done (obviously). We *were* out of line in RUNES_AND_ASATRU, but I was hardly expecting our example of inappropriateness to prove so interesting. FQ> P.S. Theban _is_not_ Enochian. I'm not sure as to FQ> whether Dee had anything to do with Theban, but I know FQ> for certain that Theban Runes have __NOTHING__ to do FQ> with the Enochian system and bear NO resembelance to FQ> Enochian Runes. I'll grant that the Enochian letters in Dee's diaries (either version, script or sigils) bear no resemblence to Theban. Nonetheless, I passed along the source of the Theban runes as I received it, erroneous though that information may be. My apologies for not thinking before posting, but as I remarked above, I wasn't expecting it to go anywhere. Having agreed that Theban wasn't designed to write Enochian, how have you determined that Theban has *nothing whatever* to do with Enochian (beyond "little" things like not corresponding to the sounds in the language)? And what speculations do you have as to why it would be attached to Dee in folk tradition, beyond his reputation as a mage? :) FQ> Not to be an _ss but I just found that point very disturbing, as my FQ> primary magickal influence is Dee's Enochian system. Actually, it's not all that assinine, even without your resonance with Dee's system. Since you're careful to spell out that you're using Dee's Enochian, I take it you have little use for Schueler's "speculations". What *have* you been using of Dee's and what (generally) have you been doing with it? K 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Morgana Area: MagickNet To: Bob Schweiger 4 Jul 92 16:46:00 Subject: Re: Looking for a lost person! UpdReq This is Rumor Control. These are the Facts: Bob Schweiger said to Morgana: BS> Blessed Be Morgana; BS> Am wondering if you are or know of Morgan McFarland? She was a BS> "Teacher" of mine, and last I heard may have moved to your area. BS> Having lost contact with her, I desire to regain contact with her. BS> Have you attended one of the meetings with Stewart and Janet Farrar? I BS> attended one of theirs a few months ago in Phila, and will again be BS> with them this month. They also were influential in my training, and BS> enevitably reaching the third degree. Would appriciate any help you BS> could afford in my search for Morgan. She was a great inspiration to BS> me, and I miss the contact very much. Should you desire a more BS> personal contact with me, leave me a message and I will forward my BS> address and phone number to you. BS> Blessed Be! With Love! BS> -!- Maximus 2.01wb BS> ! Origin: Mystic's Mountain Maximus - Explore the Mysteries BS> (1:273/709) Sorry, I don't know anyone going by that name, although it sounds familiar to me. As for the Farrars: They didn't come through Phoenix on their last tour, and durring my time in the Isles of the Blessed I was not able to come into contact with them (LONG story). I'd love to, though. I'll keep an eye out for your friend, and I wish you good luck in your search. B*B Morgana ... A pointing device? My cat thought it was dinner... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Shadow * Walker Area: MagickNet To: Ed Springer 3 Jul 92 01:01:02 Subject: Help 1/2 UpdReq ES> I am entering this msg for my wife. Greetings to the both of you. I'd like to help if I can. ES> I am desperately seeking 3 things. ES>#1. Any and all information on the Goddess/Diety ES> Rhiannon, of Welsh lore. I couldn't find much in the books that I have at this time, except that Rhiannon is the Welsh equivalent of Epona, who is the goddess I am drawn to. Nest chance I can get to buy some more books, one of the ones I want does have the goddesses and gods of the various Celtic peoples (the title escapes me at the moment). ES>#2. I am searching for a photographic and well ES> descripted book of 'magickal herbs' i.e. herbs ES> to collect for homemade incense and herbs to ES> use for essential oils! Please help! Any ES> information appreciated. "The Complete Book Of Incense, Oils & Brews" by Scott Cunningham is the book we have here for the preparation of incenses, etc.. The ISBN is: 0-87542-128-8 and it retails for $12.95. For a description, I have "The Herb Book", by John Lust (ISBN: 0-553-26770-1). Retails for $5.95. ES>#3 Most important. I want a teacher. I don't ES> know the path I am walking on. I am willing to help if I can. ES> Teacher must be kind of heart, appreciate my love of animals, ES> a bit patient. I endevor to remain so on the first count despite all that I have been through (I'm a veteran of the U.S. Navy). On the second count, I, too, have a great love of animals, having lived most of my life out in the country (my current 4-legged *companion* is Snowfoot, a wild coyote, who has been living with me for 7 years now). And lastly, one thing I do have in great abundance is patience. ES> Learning by mail is fine by me, as your student I will be ES> (am); The following- ES> Financially - broke at present, I well know how that is. Not to worry, I don't charge for teaching the Arts and great at improvising with materials at hand (as far as making items -- I've made my own staff and wand, a trunk serves as both a coffee table and an indoor altar, with a piece of cloth laid over it for the later, as examples). ES> study very hard, Diligent studying is a good habit to get into, but studying *too* hard could lead to "burn-out" (as it is with any subject). Unlike school, you have all the time you need to learn what you need to learn. Go at a pace comfortable for you. ES> aim to please, The only person to please is yourself. By that I mean if you accept me as a teacher, you needn't be concerned about trying to "please" me. Any thing that I could gain would be from the simple fact that I had been able to share any knowledge, wisdom, and insights that I may have with another. ES> want facts "What is and what is not" will get you only so far. You will also have to ponder the intangables. Sensation, Thinking, Feeling, Intuition, and Spirit will all be a part of your journey. ES> and eager to learn, Believe in the "Art" with all my heart. That's a good start. ES> I'm not into group sex, That's good -- neither am I. ES> getting nude, For myself, there is only one (1) ritual where I would do so, but it's to be done alone and in complete privacy. It is a special "self- blessing" which is to be used only when the need is great. ES> hurting others in any way or being hurt, nor humiliation of ES> any kind. >>> Continued to next message 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Shadow * Walker Area: MagickNet To: Ed Springer 3 Jul 92 01:01:02 Subject: Help 2/2 UpdReq >>> Continued from previous message I had enough of that in the Navy. As long as no one points a weapon in my general direction (or in the direction of anyone under my care) while acting hostile, you will find me to be a peaceful individual who would prefer to "live and let live". ES> I love critters but am not stupid about it. I respect and ES> appreciate nature, am a Native American, female, pushing 40 ES> but not growing old gracefully! Married. Many interests and ES> hobbies. I come from a Celtic background (and have a pretty good understanding of the ways of your ancestors), male, also pushing 40 (and can easily out-do the "athletes" at my college -- and I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be!), single (I don't mess with married women -- period), something of an artist, and also have a wide selection of interests, etc.. ES> Please! Please! respond via this echo or write to Well, I now have and I also have written down your snail-mail address and BBS phone number, just in case. Whatever knowledge I may be able to pass on, you are quite welcome to it. I hope you get this and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. Blessed Be! Shadow * Walker 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ed Springer Area: MagickNet To: Neuro Sonic 6 Jul 92 22:21:02 Subject: reply UpdReq Dear Neuro Sonic, I was so thrilled to get your reply to my help query. I shall heed your warning, and am greatful for it, I also appreciate and understand about the "True initiation" Thank-you for such peaceful advice. As to P.S. #1. Being so new at this I haven't had much advice at this point. However I am searching i.e. in R. Bucklands Comp. BK. of Wtchcrft, in the back is a synopsis of some different Beliefs. So I know some are not my path i.e. Alexandrian, Coven of the forest, Gardenarian, Georgian. The others I am going to ( am in the process of) writing to find out more information. So I am limited on knowledge, but I am trying to find out all I can. My background has been native American some what magickal but not alot. Not sure if your interested in personal or general. Been a loner most of my life. What do I seek to obtain from my dabblings? - Perfect balance within myself, regain my balance with nature, massive quantities of knowledge for betterment of myself. To be able to help all people I can, ( in a proper manner of course) and to apply magick in an adept manner. Not for personel gain but more for balancing and helping others when & where appropriate... Don't want to interfer with Karma. The Tarot said I must look for someone to be my teacher and I would find this special person. It said much more but above is directly pertinent. I am empathic which is a double edge sword. Have special gift with animals, They are also a very important part of my life.... I sincerely appreciate your kindness and most welcome reply to my plea for help. Thank you for any help you can give me. Blessed Be Ryannon 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718