From: Phoenix Area: MagickNet To: Ian Kesser 14 Jun 92 20:53:16 Subject: Hell UpdReq I might also mention that there is also a numinous realm called HEL in Teutonic Lore. This realm (or World) is the abode of the Goddess Hel, and is a place of stasis and inactivity. The dead, who did not die in battle and ascend to Valhalla, would then decend to Hel, to spend eternity in inactivity. I apologize for using the terms ascend and descend, but these terms help do describe the non-natural relationship between the Worlds of the Yggdrasill. I might also mention that the realm HEL, was the least desirable demise to the ancient Teutions, as Midhgardhr (the Earth) was the place of endless activity, and therefore the place which one wished to stay. But the ancient Teutons also realized that all physical life must end, and found Valhalla to be the better of the two alternatives. Onward to Valhalla! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: MagickNet To: Farrell Mcgovern 13 Jun 92 17:09:04 Subject: Re: Fuck You? You S... UpdReq In a message dated 11 Jun 92 20:32:12, Farrell Mcgovern wrote: FM> As we seem to have agreed in the Amtheo echo..there are very few FM> of those who call themselves "Christian" who are really Christians! No kidding and Amen! Seem's that the religion which is suppossed to spread the methods, means, and behavior of, has suddenly turned its eyes to other more restrictive pursuits. The priority is membership: numbers as opposed to quality...it's been going on for so long THEY don't even know what they are supposed to be like. Love is the Law. Gerald P.S. If this phenomena is observed in all religions, then even Thelema is capable of being distorted. ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Philip Cavanagh Area: MagickNet To: Mike Pfeiffer 13 Jun 92 14:23:50 Subject: Re: XTIAN. UpdReq Greetings Mike! MP> I wasn't actually trying to communicate, MP> Phil. we were having a primate territorial MP> dispute, no more, no less. He pissed me off, so I MP> pissed in his cheerios. I he gets real pissed off, MP> then perhaps we can whip his frenzy into a nice MP> stable meringue... But that really makes no sense, to me at least. If we look at a message, say, posted by a Fundy as insulting, we should try our best to inform the ignorant person in a peaceful manner. This way, they could find that it doesn't take us a lot to make us irate. If you send more negativity back to the person, he or she might use it to their advantage (isn't that how wars get started???). 93!phil!93 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Philip Cavanagh Area: MagickNet To: James Heaton 13 Jun 92 14:28:12 Subject: What's up UpdReq Greetings James! JH> Change of mind again!! I am turning more toward Tantra -- mainly JH> Buddhist! The qabbala and hermetics was a nice JH> start, but there's more out there to be learned. JH> You say that you havn't learned from Christianity -- JH> quite the contrary, you have !!!! You've JH> learned how negative and restricting an ORTHODOX JH> religion can be!!! Well yes, I have found that out, but what i was trying to say was that I haven't really read and understood any of the scriptures, it doesn't come in handy when your having a discussion on Christianity in general with a Christian. However (and this JUST came to me), I found that the reason I felt so annoyed, even scared at times when dealing with the "have you been saved" theory is that a Christian, when talking about his or her god, suddenly and quite automatically, brings up a lot of scattered energy and then sends it to the person he or she is trying to convert. In a way, scary!!! JH> religion can be!!! TRUE Christianity is a totaly JH> different matter. Learn from what Yeheshua Bar JH> Yosef (that's the hebrew name of Jesus) had to say, JH> and not from the words that people put into his JH> mouth. You can tell. Read the bible with an OPEN JH> mind, not with what would be considered a JH> "traditional christian" mindset. That's the biggest JH> mistake that they (the orthodox types) make. They JH> read the bible with a certain set of outcomes in JH> mind -- BAD MOVE, they're missing out on a whole JH> world of wisdom simply because they're looking for JH> the confirmation of doctrine!!! Also, don't be JH> affraid to learn from other JH> religions/spiritualities -- study some of the JH> others IN DEPTH. The easiest to start with would JH> probably be Judaism, but Hinduism, Buddhism, and JH> Taoism also promising fascinating adventures of the JH> mind/spirit. Well to this date I have studied quite a lot of belief systems, and find that a lot of them don't help me find who I truly am. Buddhism sounds like a very cool religion to study, I found that walking into a local metaphysical book store (Sri Atman), they had a whole wall full of books relating to Buddhism (have you read your "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones" lately? :), but have you read any books written by the Farrar's, in respects to Witchcraft yet? Or, have you read "Positive Magic" by Weinstein? 93!phil!93 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Karl Lembke Area: MagickNet To: All 14 Jun 92 10:46:04 Subject: Pagan Directory Project UpdReq *************************** * * * MERRY MEET! * * * *************************** On January 1, I made a New Year's resolution. I resolved to work on a Pagan Directory for one year. If I didn't see significant levels of interest in the project after about a year,I would allow myself to drop it. Well, I've run it up a few different flagpoles, and I've been getting very positive comments. So this is a listing of the data entry forms for posting on echoes and nets, so that anyone interested can participate. Just fill out the information below, replacing dots with the requested information, and either print it out to send by Post Awful, or return by netmail. Netmail will be more convenient for you but;Post Awful more convenient for me. My address by Post Awful is: Pagan Directory Project c/o Karl Lembke 6201 Sunset Blvd. #317 Hollywood, CA 90028 USA _________________________________________________________ Pagan Directory Project Data Entry Forms Individual Listing Name: ............................ Mailing Address: ............................ ............................ City, State, ZIP: ............................ [ ] Check if you are willing to be listed in a mailing list which is rented or sold to merchants. Phone: (.....).................. [ ] Check here if you don't want your Religious affiliation or preference: phone # listed. ............................................................ Status (Circle as many as apply): Artist. . . . . . . . . . . . . A Author U BBS Sysop B Gathering/Faire Organizer F Group Officer . . . . . . . . . O Library L Mail-Order Dealer D Musician M Newsletter/Magazine N (High) Priest(ess). . . . . . . P Retail Store R Service Provider S Teacher T Credential/Lineage Check V Wholesaler. . . . . . . . . . . W Other Z (please specify below) Interests (Please circle as many as apply): Astrology AST Bulletin Board Systems BBS Channeling CHA Crystals CRY Druidism DRU Eastern Religion EAR Egyptian Religion EGR Feminist Spirituality FEM Golden Dawn GDN Healing, Alternative HAL Herbs, Magickal HMG Herbs, Medicinal HMD Magick, Earth EMK Magick, High (ceremonial) HMK Mesopaganism MPG Middle Eastern Religion MER Mythology MYT Neopaganism NPG Numerology NUM Occultism OCC Ordo Templi Orientis OTO Pagan Spirituality PSP Paleopaganism PPG Psionic Generators GEN Psychism PSY Pyramidology PYR Shamanism SHA Tarot TRT UFOs and ETs UFO Wicca WIC Yoga YOG Other (Please specify ZZZ below.) ___________________________________________________ Pagan Directory Project Data Entry Forms Group/Tradition Listing Organization Name: ............................................. Mailing Address: ............................................. ............................................. City, State, ZIP: ............................................. Phone: (.......).................................... Type (Indicate as many as apply): Local Regional National International Public Interest/Advocacy Circle Instructional Umbrella Group Other (Please specify) A Chapter of: ................................................ Meetings: No Yes How often: ........................... Names of group publications (please also fill out PUBLICATION FORM for each publication listed here): .............................................................. .............................................................. Main interests (see listing of interests under Individual Listing form): _______________________________________________________ Pagan Directory Project Data Entry Forms Publication Listing Publication Title: ........................................... Main interests (please listing of interests under Individual Listing form): Size (average or typical): .................... Print method: ................................. Frequency: ............................. Price: Sample: .......... Subscription: ......... per .......... (If APA or Many to Many) Copy count: ............... Dues/Charges: ............. per ............... Editorial name and address: ................................................................. ................................................................. ................................................................. Phone: ........................... _________________________________________________________________ Pagan Directory Project Data Entry Forms Event Listing Event Name: ..................................................... Location (city) of occurrence: .................................. Date of next occurrence: ....................................... Frequency (e.g., one-time, annual, quarterly, monthly, etc.): .............................. Fields of interest (please see listing of interests under Individual Listing form): Attractions (indicate as many as apply): Dealers Classes Demonstrations Guests Rituals Other: .......................................... Information address: .......................................... .......................................... City, State, ZIP: .......................................... Contact Name: .......................................... Phone: (......).................................. _________________________________________________________________ The data captured for this list will be disseminated through the mail and over BBSs in zipped files. Please, if you find future versions of this file with names and addresses listed, DO NOT USE IT AS A MAILING LIST WITHOUT THE PRIOR PERMISSION OF THE PUBLISHER! If a mailing shows up at the address of one or more of the ringers I'll be inserting, and it comes from someone who did not get permission to use the list, I shall be most irked.... ************************* * * * PLEASE FORWARD * * COPIES OF THIS * * DOCUMENT TO ANYONE * * YOU THINK MIGHT BE * * INTERESTED. * * * * BLESSED BE! * * * ************************* 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: William Mclaughlin Area: MagickNet To: Deke Motif Nihilson 15 Jun 92 00:00:00 Subject: RE: Re: REALLY!!?? UpdReq DMN>So qiut treating it like a source and start thinking of it as a REsource; DMN>c'est-a-dire, We are not Opportunity. We are the Long Shot around a mighty DMN>Tight End... Deke: Thanks for the replies...I think. Since you didn't quote the message you were replying to (I write a lot here), I have no idea what you're talking about. You might try an offline reader that automatically allows you to quote excerpts. SLMR is a good one. Hope to hear from you soon. Mac ___ X SLMR 2.0 X I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Farrell McGovern Area: MagickNet To: Stephane Hubert 14 Jun 92 19:52:10 Subject: Hello! UpdReq In a lo-rez cyberspace object, Stephane Hubert @93:9630/1 texuralized the following thoughts onto the reality grid of my fav VR co-ordinates: SH> HUmmmm SH> since i'm new here... SH> what was that all about... t( Hello! And welcome to Magicknet, a Trio of Echos on PODSnet. Hope you have fun and learn a bit too! ttyl, Farrell Moderator Magicknet Mundane Metaphysical 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718