From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 3 Feb 95 12:38:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Fir to Josh Norton concerning enochian 101: Fi> Hi Josh! Hello! Fi> Stay away from San Diego on account of earthquakes? Hrmph. We had Fi> a 5.0 one here last Saturday. Perhaps it's time to move to Arizona . Ouch. Next thing you know, Ranier will blow it's stack. ;-) At least the prevailing winds will blow the ash away from you. Here in the Midwest, we only have one noticeable earthquake every century, but it's always a doozy. JN> affect magickal workings. My experience is that the "planetary hours" JN> scheme is useless for most work. The "horary" method only seems to be Fi> Fi> If you did think the planetary hours scheme was of any use - where Fi> would you put Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto in that scheme? Hmmmm...... I'm not sure you could without destroying the elegance of the traditional scheme. Look at the chart of the hours in the Greater Key of Solomon, or in Agrippa. You'll see that the traditional scheme, by attributing the planets over and over to the hours in their cabalistic order, produces a set in which the planet ruling a particular day is always attributed to the first hour after dawn. For this to be the case, there have to be exactly seven planets and twenty-four hours, and the days of the week have to be attributed to the planets in precisely the sequence they are now. Change any one of these, and the scheme falls apart. Change the number of planets, and you'd either have to change the number of hours in the day, or the number of days in the week, or both, to get it to come out as well. If you want to continue using the traditional scheme, I would simply consider them as "hidden" within the hours of the traditional planets that were said to rule the zodiac signs they are now considered to rule. I.e., use hours of Mars for Pluto, Saturn for Uranus, Jupiter for Neptune. If you want to change the sequence to include them explicitly, their place in the sequence would be the easiest problem to solve. The traditional cabalistic sequence is based on the apparent rate of motion of the planets as viewed from the Earth, so you would simply add them in order preceding Saturn, the slowest of the seven. I.e., Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, etc. Of course, if you are going to do that, then you ought to give each of them their own day of the week as well. Let's get creative and see what we can come up with for a ten-planet planetary hours/days scheme. It's a given that we would want to have one day of the week for every planet we use, so the number of hours would have to be varied to bring a different planet's hour at dawn on every day. I'll just run up a little program to find them; I'll assume we want a day having forty hours or less. (tinkers for a few minutes....) It appears that with a ten-day week, you have to have a day with an odd number of hours to satisfy the requirements. That would ruin the day/night symbolism, and be inconvenient in lots of other ways. A twenty-five hour day might be nifty, since you could add an overlay of elemental symbolism. Unfortunately, that's one of the few combinations that doesn't work. So if we want a nicely divisible even-houred day, we'll have to use a different number of days. Hmm... how about adding a day for the Earth, giving us an eleven-day week? (more tinkering....) That works pretty well. We can even keep our present 24-hour day. Here's what my program came up with for that. Each column is a different day of the "week", and the first row shows the planets ruling those days. "Day" hours 1 Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju 2 Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma 3 Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su 4 Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve 5 Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me 6 Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo 7 Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea 8 Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl 9 Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne 10 Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur 11 Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa 12 Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju "Night" hours 1 Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma 2 Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su 3 Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve 4 Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me 5 Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo 6 Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea 7 Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl 8 Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne 9 Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur 10 Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa 11 Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju 12 Ve Mo Pl Ur Ju Su Me Ea Ne Sa Ma Note that this scheme "wraps around" in the same way as the traditional scheme. The last hour of the last day flows smoothly into the first hour of the next week, without any break in the sequence. Note also that the "day" hours begin and end with the ruling planet. Of course, a year with 33 11-day weeks would be rather inconvenient in other ways. Maybe we could use 11-week "trimesters" instead of months? Fi> Fi> Did you ever mail me a copy of your Sigil of Amenth drawing BTW? Fi> Well, I _thought_ I had done so a week or so before Christmas, along with the disk with the Parts of the Earth visions. Since the printouts of the Sigil aren't sitting under my printer any more, I have to assume I did. But if you haven't got them by now they must have gone astray. Will get another copy out ASAP. ... Hey -- let's go mutilate some cattle! --- Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 * Origin: Access! Information Services (666:56/155) SEEN-BY: 31/0 11 56/155 107/946 108/155 202/311 215/9393 231/0 382/502 401/0 SEEN-BY: 666/93 119 1000/1 1734/0 2000/11 9400/0 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718