From: Brother Podex Area: ENOCHIAN To: Joseph Max 21 Nov 94 23:55:54 Subject: Re: WAV. calls? UpdReq JM> This does raise an interesting question - is the JM> recorded playback of the JM> Calls an acceptable substitute for speaking them JM> directly during the course of JM> a ritual? If so, is there a difference between a JM> recording of the operator JM> hirself speaking them or some other persons voice? I don't feel that using the calls on computer is an acceptable substitute to learning to do them yourself, but it may bejust the thing for other people. I see putting out the WAV's as a way to provide people an example of how some pronounce the rascals. I have never heard them spoken and any pronunciation I come up with (even after reading up on the subject) will be enhanced after hearing anothers interpretation. (Some people even say us West Virginians have pronounced accents ;) JM> would think. Especially since JM> the same thiong could be accomplished with a $20 JM> cassette deck. Using a PC JM> with soundcards is threading a needle with a sledgehammer, IMHO. Why spend $20 on a tapedeck when this big sexy $2000 computer is just sitting here doing nothing? Also if you want a tape you have to order it and wait 4 - 6 weeks wor the check to clear. I'm impatient. I like being able to get a copy of The Book of the Law or a WAV of the calls in 20 minutes for (.13 cents x 20 minutes). Thread the needle with the little aluminium wiire thing or a sledgehammer, just as long as it gets threaded! :) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 21 Nov 94 00:00:02 Subject: 91 Parts #7 Samapha 1/3 UpdReq F> Hi Josh! Howdy! JN> I vibrated the name of the Part for several minutes. Nothing more JN> happened. Finally I gave up on trying to get the Part to manifest as a JN> vision, and tried instead to simply get its energies to come into my JN> body. I withdrew all my attention into my body and reoriented to this JN> new purpose. JN> The effect was immediate and overwhelming. I was hit with a flow of JN> force that threatened to dissolve my awareness into a swirl of JN> particles and blow it away. For a few moments I was so disoriented JN> that I almost fell out of my chair. F> Why do you suppose this energy didn't respond to manifesting as a F> vision by your vibrating the name of the Part? F> Why do you suppose your body had such a hard time with this energy F> at first? First, I have to admit that I don't understand everything that happened in that vision; it may be "above my grade". So what I say about it may be pure bull. ;-> Hmmm. I expect most of it was simply that the Part is a region of magickal "space" that didn't have much in common with the ones I've been dealing with recently. I needed to ground the energy and tune into it before I could see it properly. But part of the problem was also in the nature of the Part itself. I'm reminded of one of Crowley's visions of the Aethyrs, in which it was said "Torsion about a point is iniquity" and (I think) "motion is iniquity". These "teeth of the Serpent" are very close to Kether in nature, and anything that deviates from the concentrated, completely still Being of that sephira -- which is to say, practically anything lower than Kether -- is in a sense incompatible with their nature. As well, this high aspect of Fire or Will has something of Shiva the Destroyer about it, and the problems encountered in the first day's vision might well constitute a sort of "death by Fire". JN> The force continued to flow, and it became apparent that these JN> remaining parts were in some way either restricting that flow, or JN> casting a shadow such that I could not see this Part clearly. Perhaps JN> both. Worse, it was clear that the very mind-set necessary to my JN> visionary work was itself adding to the restriction; perhaps my nature JN> as a being was simply incompatible with the forces here. F> How is a visionary nature incompatible with a pure fire energy? It's not, in a general sense. I was thinking more that the particular way _I_ get visions was incompatible. The important point was that _any_ deviation from a state of pure stillness caused my awareness to be flung away from the core of the power. My usual visionary mode is intrinsically active, involving a projection of the will and the attention; it is not still, and so invoked that centripetal effect. JN> For the next half-hour I gave my attention to deliberately relaxing JN> the parts of myself that were resisting, one by one. Eventually I had JN> to stop from exhaustion; the work was that hard, and remained JN> incomplete. I lay down and drifted in a half-trance for a while, then JN> got up and completed this record. F> This sounds different than physical stress you've mentioned before F> being associated with interacting with Enochian energies. That is F> the difference in vibration being hard on the nervous system. Or F> the Enochian energies being constricted into the organizational F> systems we approach them in. It was a bit different. The effect of the energy on my physical body wasn't particularly stressful; it was the magickal body that received the brunt of it. The exhaustion came from the sheer mental effort necessary to attune to the energy's nature. ___ X SPEED 1.30 [NR] X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718