From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Slayor 18 Oct 94 18:06:08 Subject: Rosslyn's Fallen Angel UpdReq Hello Slayor! 09 Oct 94 12:51, Slayor wrote to Julia Phillips: S> Can you or have you ascertained any infuence upon the Masons S> that would result from the division between the Roman and the S> Celtic Orders. The only oine that is obvious tyo me is the S> division between York and Scottish Rites. York Rites - members S> must believe in Yeshwa as God. Scottish Rites - members must S> believe in Deity. This isn't an area I've studied much, so I'd have to say no, I haven't really considered influences from Celtic or Roman Orders. S> The Celtic Kirk was much less concerned with how one viewed S> God than how one perceived the moral obligation of the behavior S> of J.C. The Roman was more concerned with the ritual than the S> behavior. These appear to have carried over. Yes, the Celtic Church did have a number of differences, albeit at the end of the day it came to a head over the date of Easter! S> York was a Roman S> gateway into the North, and the Scottish Rites appear to reflect S> more native thinking. York is also the area in Britain which has more Viking remains than any other, and isn't that far short of the Northumbrian border. Any Celtic culture which survived the Romans would have been removed from York by the time of the northern invasions, almost certainly. York would have much native thinking, but more along Germanic than Celtic lines :) Is this an area which interests you, or is it just the Masonic connection? B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Slayor 18 Oct 94 18:19:00 Subject: enochian 101 UpdReq Hello Slayor! 09 Oct 94 13:01, Slayor wrote to Julia Phillips: S> The shadow as demon, or thing that hides from the Sun, is S> something I've run across in some sub-Saharan cosmologies. Yes.... we also work with our "shadow" self in magic, as in our tradition, the magician works integration of the male/female, light/dark, higher/animal selves. S> The S> Circle as I understand it is not a guard but an associative draw S> upon the formation of cycle. What I understand the circle for is S> the improvement of natural cycles that are invested with the S> mainatenance of balance such that nothing out of cycle will S> negate the operation attempted. Interesting way of looking at it... similar in some respects to me, though not in others. I don't see the circle as a guard, but as a focus, which allows me to manipulate the energies in a particular place much more easily, than if I tried to effect change in a random manner. I believe in the Hermetic axiom, As Above, So Below, and therefore that whatever I do in the smaller world is simultaneously effected in the greater. Having a focus (eg a circle) helps me in the same way as a tapestry press helps someone to embroider a picture. S> If the focus is to icrease the S> harmony of the Divine Will(s) and Self Wills then isn't this more S> likely the function of the Circle - to associate the properties S> of reflexive order to the operation at hand? I'd agree with this. S> One of Michael Moorcocks truisms was that ritual is less S> necessary in emergency - rather a psychic adrenaline kicks in S> when magick is paramouunt and survival demands access to the S> cycles themselves. The longer I practise magic, the less "necessary" ritual becomes, though, I do still find it of importance... maybe in other ways nowadays. S> If this is true then events counter to our S> wills are paramount to the moving wheel and the Millers Stone is S> a Calender of greater events and sings only when our will is S> sacrificed to the greater harmony of powers. Hmmm... I'm not so sure I'd use the word "sacrificed"... I like to think of it more as being aligned in harmony. B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Tom Forfar 18 Oct 94 18:50:50 Subject: Echo test UpdReq Hello Tom! 16 Oct 94 03:10, Tom Forfar wrote to All: TF> Greetings one and all, just testing the echo link, TF> some one please let me know if its working, Got you here in Sydney Oz loud and clear :) B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718