From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 22 Sep 94 14:37:00 Subject: Arrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!!! UpdReq It seems that, due to an unannouced loss of the Nuitnet uplink to Star in the Circle, my uploads of the visions for the Parts of the Earth in Aethyr ZOM never made it onto the net. I'll be uploading them again through Arena of Anon over the next few days. Sorry for what must have seemed like a sudden silence. ... Death's a bitch, and then you reincarnate. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 23 Sep 94 10:31:14 Subject: Re: LAYCOCK'S ENOCHIAN DICTIONARY UpdReq -=> Fir sent a message to Joseph Max on 20 Sep 94 20:45:09 <=- -=> Re: Re: LAYCOCK'S ENOCHIAN DICTIONARY <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Fi> Satisfy your curiosity? You didn't say how many stars... (Whyncha x-post it in OCBR, too.) Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... I am drunk with unsatiated love, 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 9 Sep 94 13:08:00 Subject: 91 parts - #7 samapha 1/ UpdReq [continuing an irregular series of visions of the 91 "Parts of the Earth" in the Enochian Aethyrs.] Samapha, number 7 of 91 Parts, first of ZOM. Zodiacal King: Zarzilg. Ministers: 4400. Mundane association: Hyrcania (NE Iran, on shore of the Caspian Sea). Thursday, September 01, 1994 3:29 PM Vibrated the Call and invoked the names as usual. The sigil of the Part stood before me in vision for a time; an air of aggressive presence radiated from it. I absorbed some of this radiance into myself, and as I did so began to see into another space behind it. The second space was filled with light of a bright, electric-green color, just slightly greener than Mt. Dew softdrink. Within it were tiny flakes of another shade of green, also electric, so that the overall effect was of a liquid with particles suspended in it. Nothing happened for a time, and my thoughts drifted off into things I might add to the book. After a brief time my attention returned, and I noted that my astral body felt as if it were occupying the same place as the sigil. Gradually the viewpoint drifted forward through the sigil. Turning, I saw it as a gate into the space where I now stood. My viewpoint was now split in two, half continuing to see the green space, the other half in whatever place the gate of the sigil led to. I vibrated the name of the Part for several minutes. Nothing more happened. Finally I gave up on trying to get the Part to manifest as a vision, and tried instead to simply get its energies to come into my body. I withdrew all my attention into my body and reoriented to this new purpose. The effect was immediate and overwhelming. I was hit with a flow of force that threatened to dissolve my awareness into a swirl of particles and blow it away. For a few moments I was so disoriented that I lost control of my muscles and almost fell out of my chair. Leaning back and closing my eyes, I tried to relax my magickal body to accept the forces. For several minutes there was chaos; the force, like an abrasive wind, whipped away parts of myself that were not in tune with it, stripping off parts that were attuned to lower levels of reality and leaving behind only their higher-plane equivalents. Finally the worst of it was over and I began to see clearly again. It was apparent that on some level everything removable had been stripped away from me, leaving only a skeletal structure of adamantine hardness. There did not seem to be any pattern or balance to what remained; it was simply composed of those parts of my structure too tough to be affected; within my aura they formed a structure as random and jagged as the casting of a deep-sea worm. The force continued to flow, and it became apparent that these remaining parts were in some way either restricting that flow, or casting a shadow such that I could not see this Part clearly. Perhaps both. Worse, it was clear that the very mind-set necessary to my visionary work was itself adding to the restriction; perhaps my nature as a being was simply incompatible with the forces here. This constricting feeling became stronger. I assumed the asana called "The God" in the hope that this would allow a freer flow. It did not. Physical symptoms began to appear -- shortness of breath, feelings of constriction from my clothes, wristwatch, and glasses. After several more minutes I got up, stripped off all of it, and sat on my bed in half-lotus. This eased the physical sensations (but did not completely erase them) and I could give my attention fully to adjusting to the force. For the next half-hour I gave my attention to deliberately relaxing the parts of myself that were resisting, one by one. Eventually I had to stop from exhaustion; the work was that hard, and remained incomplete. I lay down and drifted in a half-trance for a while, then got up and completed this record. I am tempted to skip this Part and go on, but I resolved at the beginning to do them in order, and it seems best to continue, despite the difficulties. I would guess that it will take at least two more sessions before I can penetrate into the Part fully. Friday, September 02, 1994 1:17 PM Vibrated the Call and appropriate names as usual. Upon vibrating the name Samapha, I became filled with an energy much like yesterday's; power with a very high vibration rate, which tended to throw off anything it contacted that was not of a compatible nature. While still completely in my body, it seemed that this power had somehow cast off parts of my aura, leaving behind structures similar in function but of a much higher quality. There was also a sensation of heat distributed throughout my body, but particularly noticable on the insides of the thighs and calves. [continued in next message...] ... Bureaucracy - transforming energy into solid waste. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 9 Sep 94 17:26:02 Subject: 91 parts - #7 samapha 2/ UpdReq [...continued from previous message.] Turning my vision to the astral level, the first thing I saw was an image of the Tarot card "The Lovers". This lasted only an instant; a third figure was added between the man and woman, and the background transformed until it was the card "Judgment". Specifically, the version seen in Wang's G.D. deck. The angel was within a white triangle surrounded by a circle formed from the Great Serpent. (I suddenly understood that the green field that opened yesterday's vision was in the flashing colors of fire. The electric green would flash with red, and the darker green flakes would flash with scarlet. Seen in the reds the image would have given the sense of brilliant sparks within a field of fire.) Now a voice said: "Judgment has come; but what is it that is to be judged? A man? No. A demon? No. Only that which is of the nature of the Fire can pass through the Fire.1 As it is said: ultimate sparks of intimate fire.2 [note: footnotes are at the end of the text] "That which is of the Earth is not of us; nor that of the Sun, nor that of the Realms of Death and Destruction; we are wholly within the highest.3 Power is ours; power to create the world, power to destroy it again. We are the essence of the divine creative will, personified and made manifest. We descend from on high, and that which we touch is burned to ash, burned to make way for that which is to come, in glory, from the all-highest. "And shall you pass us, O man? Not at this time; we speak not for the future.4 "We descend from on high, and everything before us is laid waste. The gardens of Isis are dessicated and burned. The might of Horus is laid low. The dissolving seas of Set are evaporated into steam, which rises up into the sky and disperses. The realms of Thoth survive, but are transformOd; only glittering crystalline threads remain where once were living thoughts of the purpose of god.5 "Call us the Teeth of the Serpent. For as the Serpent rises up the Tree, so his head is in Kether, and his teeth clasp the Still Point. There is nothing manifest that is closer to that point than we; for even though our Path is not the first, yet our nature is not changed from the Point, while those that descend to the left and to the right do deviate in nature from the essence. Being of the path of balance, we retain its nature." (The vision had a tendency to dissolve back into pure power, and this power kept building up in my magickal body. I could not sit still, and went outside to sit on the grass for a time, hoping the plants' vibrations would cool me off a bit. Seemed to work.) "Now, the Serpent of the Tarot card is not the serpent who climbs the Tree. The former has his tail in realms beyond this world;6 and in wrapping himself about the Still Point he becomes a sphere of sevenfold vibrations radiating therefrom. "And so are we, though wholly of this world, the reflection of events beyond. As was the goddess of the previous vision. "Where she was the reflection of the ineffable substance from which all things come, so are we the reflecting of that which stimulates things to come out of her. We are the serpents who wrap themselves around her outstreched arms. The dual helical coilings they show are the nature of our motion; spiraling down into the lower worlds, yet balanced because we turn in both directions at once. And this is the swirling power that you felt yesterday, stripping off the dross from your magickal bodies, leaving behind only a pattern of god-stuff, for a time. (Brief pause here.) "There are other aspects of this Fire that descends from Kether; it takes on other forms as it passes through the so-called Abyss, and as it approaches Tiphereth below. That which destroys when confronted in its essence can be the support of being when diluted. And the key to the vibrations that make up the worlds; the sevenfold vibration of the Great Serpent is reflected in the sevenfold nature of the lower worlds. "But these aspects are taken by others; we ourselves are not the ministers thereof, but only of the destruction manifested of pure divine will. Therefor is our number 4400; the number of Fire and blood and sparks, but writ large in the sky by the will of god.7 "Take ye of our essence, o man." The visual aspect had faded while the voice spoke. Now a cup of white gold appeared before me, upon which was raised the image of the Greater Countenance enclosed in a triangle, which was enclosed by the circle of the Great Serpent. (Yet it seemed that the Countenance was somehow greater than that which enclosed it.) The cup was surrounded by an aura, again of glowing white.8 (An unaccountable air of humor accompanied the image of Macroprosopus.) I took the cup in my hands, and they seemed stripped of solidity, so that from halfway up my forearms there were only the ghosts of hands to be seen. I could not feel the cup, but only a vibrating numbness. [continued next message...] ... Reality is nothing but a collective hunch. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 9 Sep 94 17:30:04 Subject: 91 parts - #7 samapha 3/ UpdReq [...continued from previous message.] For some reason I did not drink, as is the usual custom in such instances. Instead I raised the cup above my head and brought it downwards through my body from head to toe. When it reached the bottom there was an upwards pull; I moved it until the hollow of the cup was congruent with my heart, where the pull stopped. I released the cup and it gradually dissolved, releasing its fire into the magickal body. "We prepare you for that which is to come. As you continue in these visions you will find our power of use; perhaps not in any obvious fashion, but as support and sustenance when none other is available. "For now, continue as you have. You shall know when the time is right for each vision. Do not seek to push too hard, do not be in too much of a hurry. For the absorbtion of that which is gained shall make each further step easier. "For now, farewell." The energy of the Part remained, but the sense of contact ended. And so I closed the vision and returned fully to my body. [Note added later: The power remained with me for the rest of the day and off and on for the next two days before entirely dispersing.] Seer's comments: The connection to Achad's Tree hinted at in previous visions is here made overt. In that Tree, the path of Fire connects Kether with Tiphereth. So these visions have so far covered all the paths that descend from Kether, plus the reciprocal path of Aquarius between Chokmah and Binah. It is also apparent that the sign of the zodiacal king ruling the part doesn't have a great deal to do with the contents of the part. (Or, more likely, the zodiacal attributes are simply incorrect.) In this instance we see only a brief glimpse of the Tarot card for Gemini before it transforms into the card of Fire. The G.D. attribute of this King, Virgo, is no better related to the content. The aspect of Fire dealt with here is entirely transcendental. As the minister indicated, there are two other aspects of this path that will be dealt with elsewhere. The ministers describe themselves in various cabalistic ways, explained in the following endnotes where they are not obvious. All of these indicate that the ministers represent the first extension of the divine will into the Pillar of Balance. They are not Kether itself, but are as close to it as it is possible for a manifest being to come. Beyond this they hint at connections to realms transcending even the Supernal Triad, as the complement to the Goddess of the previous Part. The Sumerian theme is continued by relating them to the serpents on the arms of that Goddess. Why they should use this ancient form is not known. I would think that the modern Nuit and Hadit, with which I am much more familiar, would be a better choice; especially considering the other references to Liber AL. But their connection with Hadit is only hinted at, subsumed into the older version. Footnotes: 1 Refers to the threefold division of the human being. The demon is the mundane personality, a shell which controls the activities of the man throughout most of his incarnations, literally "possessing" the soul. The man is the True Man or Solar Man, the individualized being that dwells in the personality and becomes independently active after the Tiphereth initiation. The third aspect is the spark of divine fire dwelling in the Supernals. 2 See Liber AL vel Legis, chapter 3, vv. 63-68. These four ordeals seem related to the sephiroth of the middle pillar, with water corresponding to the region of the so-called Abyss. 3 Refers to a fourfold division of the Tree of Life, governed by the INRI formula. The divisions are related to the elements, from top to bottom, as Air, Scorpionic Water, Solar Fire, and Earth. 4 The seer has passed through three of the ordeals, but is not yet ready for the fourth. The previous day's difficulties are revealed as a test of some sort, which the seer failed; some parts of his being could be neither discarded nor transformed into a fiery equivalent, and so he was held back from a full passage into the realm. Today's more obvious and intellectual presentation is a bone thrown to the dog in consolation for the steak he couldn't get. 5 Again the INRI formula, whose parts are related to the gods mentioned. In the human being, when the divine fire of Kether becomes fully manifest, he is separated entirely from his Earthy part. The Solar realm becomes the base level of the being, and is therefor "laid low". The realm of Set is an intermediate stage between Solar consciousness and true transcendental awareness. When the awareness becomes fully fixed in the transcendental, the need for it passes and the structures involved are dissolved by an act of will, or through simple neglect. The changes the divine will brings to its threefold transcendental expression are beyond my knowledge. 6 There was some connection with the constellation Draco indicated, but I am not certain of its exact nature. 7 44 is the value of LHT, "to burn" or "to blaze", DM, "blood", KIDVD "a spark". Also of ChVL, phoenix, and of AHIH ChIH, "I am Life", an utterance of Hadit. "Writ large" here means multiplied by one hundred, to indicate an expression of a higher order. 8 The gold was not white because of an admixture of silver; instead it was as if it had been heated to white heat, and this color somehow established as a permanent part of its nature. The image of Macroprosopus was odd: I got the impression that the center of the triangle was a window, and some huge being in a space beyond it had drawn a picture of a face on the end of its nose, and stuck the nose through the window. I could sense that being behind the window, but could not see it. (The air of humor in the background makes me think this is one of those weird cabalistic puns in which the angels occasionally indulge. ARIK ANPIN, the Vast Countenance, is sometimes translated as "Long of Nose".) ... Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Norton races home. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 12 Sep 94 13:56:02 Subject: 91 Parts #8 - Virooli 1/ UpdReq (A continuing series of visions of the 91 "Parts of the Earth") Virooli, part 8 of 91, second of ZOM. Zodiacal King: Alpudus Ministers: 3660 Mundane association: Thracia (European Turkey, Eastern Greece) Sunday, September 04, 1994 1:35 PM Vibrated the Call of the Aethyrs and the appropriate names as usual. The first image was of a man in bronze-age armor walking from downstage right to upstage left. He wore greaves, cuirass, helmet and arm guards, all finely detailed with images of martial scenes. At his left hip he wore a bronze shortsword. In the background I could hear sounds of many men marching in order. Gradually this image was overlaid and supplanted by an image of the Tarot card "The Tower". Particular attention was somehow called to the gap between the crown and the top of the tower, at the point where the lightning strikes it. A voice said: "How shall the power of the Mother be transmitted into the lands of the Son? Shall it be as a torrent of water raging in a streambed? No. Shall it be as mighty winds hurling objects about? No. Shall it be as an hundred mighty earthquakes that shake the world? Perhaps, but not at this point. No. It shall be as a stroke of lightning which burns the mortar of his castle to a dust of lime, and loosens the connections between the stones. "For was it not said to you, Our god is a god of terror and wonder? Was it not said to you that he shall destroy your dwelling places and make of them a place for the beasts of the field? He shall stretch your souls to bursting, tear the seams and threads that hold them together." (While this was said I was flashing on my own thoughts on this matter, explained in substantial detail in the paper _Divine Creation and Initiation_ and somewhat in _The New Aeon_.) "What shall be said of this place, o man, that you have not already understood to the roots of your being? For you have gone through this process times without number, and known the terror of its inception and the wonders that lie at its end. Is it not so?" I said yes, it was. "Just so. And in the ending of the life of man the life of god begins; there is no gap between, simply blindness and unwillingness to look. "Now to explain briefly to those who might read: The Tower is the Mind of Man, the Ruach, which comprises all that he is as an individual. It begins deep in the Earth and is built by the powers arising in the lesser sea, the roots of emotions in Man. These are the urges of the physical organism to survive, and grow. "Very deep are these urges; they originate in the cellular level and so are carried up through all the levels of organization within the living finite being. The cells have an instrinsic urge to coordinate and compete with each other to form organs and bodies. Similarly, after many intermediate levels, the various specialized parts of the mind have the urge to form a complete self-aware mental being out of their disparate functions and purposes. "The process of initiation carries this further; through conscious effort and direction, the mental being so produced in turn increases the coordination and linkages between the parts that created it. This is the prime function of the Adept. "The end-result of this process of coordination is a being whose entire finite existence is closely tied together into a single functioning unit. This is the Tower as we speak of it here. At this point I felt we were getting distracted from the essence of the matter, and cut off the vision for now. Monday, September 05, 1994 I seem to be having the opposite problem with this part than I had with the immediately previous one. There I had trouble entering; here, I am so thoroughly familiar with the effects of the Part's power, and have internalized it to such a degree, that the power tends to follow the existing paths in myself rather than forge new ones. I recognized the process of the Part instantly, and my recognition pulled the presentation into established lines of thought. I felt that there was no point in allowing the Voice to rehash things I could explain better myself. Everything that exists consists of many lesser parts in a relationship to one another. In simple physical objects the relationships tend to be relatively unchanging. In living beings the relationships are a dynamic homeostasis. Entities on magickal levels -- including those we call the personality and the soul or solar self -- are also complex systems in a dynamic balance. [continued next message...] ... Stwike him, centuwion, vewwy woughly. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 12 Sep 94 13:56:04 Subject: 91 Parts #8 -Virooli 2/2 UpdReq [...continued from previous message.] Whenever a new source of activity or energy is introduced into a dynamic system, it produces a disruption of the existing patterns of balance. Some relationships are broken entirely; others are stretched out of shape and their action distorted. The connections between all parts of the system become looser and behave in strange ways until the new source is incorporated into the system. We see this on every level of human experience. A new environment tends to make us anxious or puts us into a heightened state of alertness until we can define our relationship to it. An unusual object confuses our senses until we become familiar with it. Social interactions in a group change when a new member is admitted. And so on. Initiatory magick is nothing more (and nothing less) than a constant, willed repetition of this process. The magician invokes some source of magickal energy, or some being(s) existing on a higher level of organization than himself. The response brings new contacts and energy into the complex system that is himself, producing a "mind-expanding" experience, stretching and breaking the habitual relationships between parts. Incorporation of these new contacts and energies into the system produces a new dynamic balance and a broader scope of perception. Certain levels of organization are relatively stable, and relatively common in group-experience; these we call "grades" of initiation. In Achad's Tree of Life, the path of Mars connects Binah with Geburah. And the movement from the latter to the former provides the archetype of the process represented by this Part. Like any other energy, the entrance of Binah energy into the self produces a disruption and stretching of relationships. Since Binah is a transcendental power, it cannot be fully absorbed or integrated into a finite being. The integration must take place within the transcendant realm. During the initial inflows of transcendant energy, and for some time afterwards, the finite self isn't capable of actually perceiving them. All it can perceive are the effects; a raising of awareness coupled with the "stretching" of itself to a point of near-dissolution. This is the experience of the False Sephira, Da'ath. It recognizes that something outside its perceptual range is causing the effects, but cannot see those causes; its internal relationships and library of experiences are not the right sort to reflect transcendant events. Thus it it "sees" a gap in existence, a blankness beyond which it cannot penetrate. This is the perception of the so-called "Abyss". Like Da'ath, it is an illusion or hallucination due entirely to inadequate perception; it has no existence except as a construct in the mind of some person. But the process of adaptation goes on despite the blindness of the conscious self. The difference from previous cases is that a configuration of internal relationship centered around a sense of individuality, around a reflective "I", cannot absorb the transcendental powers. To integrate them into the being, the parts that make up the individual self have to achieve a permanently "looser" relationship to each other, and become reoriented so that they respond directly to the impulses coming from the transcendental levels. The relationships among the parts are not greatly changed by this; everything that made up the individual soul is still present and active. The only difference is that the individuality that was created by their intense interactions is superceded as governor of the being by the transcendental aspect. It's importance gradually diminishes and it fades from awareness. It is the state of permanently "stretched" connections among parts that is the essence of this Part of the Earth. It's initiatory aspects are the most immediately important, but it appears in many other aspects of existence as well. The analogous activity on the physical level would be a solid heated to just below the point where it liquifies. In the biosphere, it would correspond to the increased activity in some kingdom of nature brought about by a sudden increase in the available nutrients. E.g., a year with an unusually bountiful crop of nuts and fruits would produce an increase in the population of the animals that eat them. This in turn would create pressure and competition among them for territories, an increase in the population of predators, etc., all of which would require general adjustments in the relationships among the biosphere's various systems. ... Sumer is icumen in, lhoude sing coucou. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 14 Sep 94 15:49:02 Subject: 91 Parts #9 Andispi 1/3 UpdReq [Continuing an irregular series of visions of the 91 Parts of the Earth] Andispi, 9th of 91 Parts, 3rd of ZOM. Zodiacal King: Lavavoth Ministers: 9236 Mundane association: Gosmam (an unknown mountainous region, presumably near either the Arctic or Antarctic circles, in which there is much gold. Possibly Alaska?) Sunday, September 11, 1994 Procedural change: Up to this point my procedure has been to simply vibrate the Call of the Aethyrs and the names of the Zodiacal King, Part, and Aethyr, and allow the vision to manifest in whatever way it happens upon. This has produced a rather wide variety of presentations in the preceding visions. In the hope of producing some additional consistency, I am changing the procedure. Before vibrating the Calls and names, I will enter a neutral magickal space and inscribe a circle with a narrow border on the ground. In the center of the circle will be the sigil of the Part, along with its name in English and Enochian characters. In the border, at the top of the circle, will be the name of the Zodical King in English. In the border at the bottom will be the name of the Aethyr in English. The intent of this is not to make a "magickal circle" in the normal sense. In fact, I will stand outside the circle during the invocations. Rather it is more like a talisman "writ large", an attractor for the forces invoked and an anchor-point. Any invoked force or being will not be expected to stay within the confines of the circle, but can move about or change the surroundings as appropriate to their presentation. Sunday, September 11, 1994 1:50 PM Invoked Andispi according to the revised procedure. The image of the circle quickly gave way to another space, wherein there was a big red valentine-style heart, with a smooth, shiny surface like vinyl. An arrow was stuck through the center of this heart from back to front. I got the impression that there was a thin cord or thread attached to the arrow. The scene went into motion and the arrow passed entirely through the heart. It then looped downwards and again hit the heart, this time from below. It passed out through the cleft at the top and again looped around to the bottom. It repeated this procedure many times, each time leaving behind it a loop of thread which billowed outwards from its attachment points. Soon the heart was surrounded by lines like the lines of a magnetic field. The arrow then vanished. The voice said: "Is it not said that our god is a god of Love? And yet, what is Love? There is the dove and the serpent, but are these all? No. The rainbow is also a sign of Love, after another fashion. And it is this Love that binds the universe together." (Humorous background thought of apologies to Lucas and Spielberg.) For a moment there was a flash of the Great Serpent of the Judgement card seen previously. Now the Serpent transformed himself into a circular rainbow, which pulsed, sending off shockwaves in the seven colors throughout the space. I thought of a Cepheid variable throwing off a spherical shell of light, and of the heart of a moment before, and understood that they were representations of the same idea in different forms. "Seven are the thoughts of God; seven are the stars of the Bear, each a beating heart sending one of those thoughts into the universe. The Dragon wraps about them and basks in their light, warming himself at their fire. He is heated by the thoughts of God until he glows with a white heat himself, and must throw off that heat as light into the circle that is the zodiac. And within this circle dance the Seven who are gods to this world." At this point I noted that my own aura was echoing the pulses of the Serpent, and was surrounded by a rainbow ring. My attention became wholly engrossed in the pulsing radiance for a time, and thought stopped. Gods, what a sensation! It was as if my magickal body had become seven bodies, each of a different color and note, and all my thoughts and knowledge, and all the structures of my being, had been decomposed into these primal notes and separated by their colors. No thought or perception that required admixture of these notes could exist. No composite things at all. Each of these bodies was distinct, though for the most part they moved together, one leading and the others following after a few moments, giving an impression like the video effect where motion of an object leaves a trail of ghost images behind it. "Now," the voice said (and my consciousness quickly collected itself -- ten minutes had passed), "as it is in the heavens, so it is on this world, within the range of being called the human Tree of Life. The Dragon is concealed within the Supernals; he absorbs the vibrations emanating from the Still Point, and transforms them, stepping them down so that they can make the seven lower worlds of the Tree. (I say 'he' but there is no true sex here.) [continued next message...] ... So who's afraid of a little abstraction? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 14 Sep 94 16:00:04 Subject: 91 Parts #9 Andispi 2/3 UpdReq [...continued from previous message] "The Dragon is everwhere in the Supernals, but his motion downwards comes primarily through the path of the Arrow, from the sphere of Wisdom. For as the Solar system gods are within the zodiac, so are the spheres within the sphere of the Fixed Stars. (Save for Binah, who is both within and without.) And you remember, o man, that upon a time it was said to you that Saturn is properly Malkuth, not Binah. "This is the highest function of the path of the Arrow. Now see the image as it should be for this aspect." The image of the Tarot card "Temperance" appeared before me, but with some differences. The angel of the card was enclosed within the half-circle of a rainbow, the ends of which were at the level of the angel's shoulders. There were no mountains in the background, just the night-sky, with the Bear and the Dragon visible through the arch of the rainbow. The circle of the zodiacal constellations surrounds the figure and rainbow. The angel's arms formed an upright triangle, forearms horizontal, hands with palms facing each others, separated by about a hand's length. In front of him was a square altar, on which stood a cup or grail with an inwards-turned lip whose vertical cross-section was a downward-pointing triangle. From out the the angel's palms flowed two streams of rainbow liquid, which mixed together between them and fell the short distance into the grail. "You understand this aright. Explain as you will, by your ingenium." (The voice had apparently been monitoring my thoughts as I examined this image. "It is this last step, the admixture of what was separated, that is rightly the place of Andispi. The separations of the thought of God were present in the previous visions of LIL, but hidden in the general chaos of the beginning of creation. They are here remixed in the moment of transmittal from the transfinite to the finite aspects of existence. "Know ye that it is the glory made manifest that is our place, the heavenly powers brought into the vision and being of men. We are pure still, not admixed, each a different one of the notes of God's voice. Thus when we touched you did the mixed become separated. That which passes through us becomes mixed in its descent, as the Tarot image shows. "Now to other things: Pursue these visions as you will, each in its own time." Here the voice paused a while, though the sense of contact did not diminish. "We are done." I thanked the ministers for their presentation, and closed the vision. Seer's comments: Andispi is the first Part ruled by Lavavoth, whose attribute in the system being used for this project is Sagittarius. It's symbols play a large part in the presentation for this Part. Sagittarius is an odd sign, with multiple aspects. It is the sign of one-pointed focus towards a goal (represented by the arrow). It is also the sign of what is erroneously called "synthetic" thinking, usually with Gemini and Mercury representing the opposite pole of analytic thinking. I say "erroneous" because the Sag mode of perception and thought involves both taking apart of perceptions (analysis) and joining or blending of multiple perceptions (synthesis). The same is also true of Gemini. It would be more correct to say that Gemini deals with the object- like aspects of perception, while Sagittarius deals with the vibration- like aspects. Within their separate aspects, each has the capacity to distinguish salient features of experience, and to make connections between experiences based on those features. In this vision, these functions of Sagittarius are shown as part of a more universal process, the one by which transcendental powers are translated into finite events. We begin with a reprise of the Great Serpent image seen in Samapha. As was said there, "in wrapping himself about the Still Point he becomes a sphere of sevenfold vibrations radiating therefrom." That point is expanded here, though the symbolism is a bit confusing. The heart and the Cepheid variable are similar in that they both pulse with a single rhythm. That is, each has a single vibration, and could thereby be said to be the archetype of a particular energy. One might associate them with Kether, but I am not certain. Having shown them, the vision expands this idea and shows the stars of Ursa Minor as the seven manifest vibrations of some invisible divine entity. BN OISh, Hebrew for Ursa Minor, has the same value as ThBL, Hebrew equivalent of "cosmos". The shortened version OISh, also used by the Voice, has the same value as RQIO, "heaven" or "firmament". This can be taken as a confirmation that it expresses a set of universal principles or powers. [continued next message...] ... It was as though Death had looked upon me and singled me out. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 14 Sep 94 16:03:06 Subject: 91 Parts #9 Andispi 3/3 UpdReq [continued from previous message...] The Voice seems to be implying some scheme like the Golden Dawn's projection of the Tree of Life onto the visible universe. There is one small difference, in that here Polaris and the constellation of Ursa Minor is enclosed within the Kether of that Cosmic Tree. In the G.D. version, Polaris is placed in Binah, due to some odd notion, and the rest of the Little Bear is in an undefined region between spheres. In this modified version, the Dragon would touch all the paths from Kether to the two Binahs and Chokmahs, and its outermost loop would touch one of the cross-paths between the second and third sephiroth. The constellation of Draco spatially "wraps around" the Bear, figuratively absorbing the vibrations shed by the Bear's stars. In turn the Dragon re-radiates and distributes the heat in a different form, bringing the cosmic power down to the solar level in the form of the zodiac. And within the Zero of the zodiac another seven powers move and act. In Achad's Tree of Life, the values of the paths connecting the Supernal Triad sum to 510. This is the value of ThNIN, the Hebrew name for Draco. Thus, as the Voice says, he is "concealed within the Supernals", reflecting the cosmic scheme down into our local scheme. As Ursa Minor represents the cosmic "thoughts of God", so Kether represents the will of some entity existing outside the limits of our Tree. The Dragon in the Tree transforms the power of Kether into a form consonant with those limits, and sends it downwards through Chokmah and the path of Sagittarius, which connects Chokmah with Chesed. So we have a complete parallel between the cosmic and local schemes: Cosmic Local ___------------------------------------------------------------- A Hidden God, Still Point at the center of Kether expressing through seven Suns Constellation Draco Draco as Supernal Triad Zodiac constellations Chokmah as Sphere of the Zodiac Seven Planets Vibrations that eventually form the Seven lower Spheres of the Tree In the modified Tarot image, the upward-pointing triangle is the Supernal Triad; the downward-pointing triangle is the second triad, and the square altar represents the "elemental" worlds below Tiphereth. The overall symbolism of the image compresses the two parallel lines above into one. ... Bad taste is timeless. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 14 Sep 94 15:48:08 Subject: 91 Parts - ZOM summary UpdReq Overall comments on the Parts of the Earth for the Aethyr ZOM. ___------------------------------- The vision of Andispi completes the three Parts of the Earth within the Third Aethyr, ZOM. Comparison with Crowley's vision of ZOM yields only one point of similarity: the symbolism of the Great Serpent surrounding the Still Point. This takes only two paragraphs in Crowley's account; the rest is concerned with confusion, delusion, and various horrible versions of sublime images. One might wonder at the differences, but should not be surprised. It was Crowley's belief that the first three Aethyrs resided entirely within Kether; his inability to penetrate them is thus somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is also clear from the footnotes to _The Vision and the Voice_ that Crowley decided _in_advance_ what he should be seeing in each Aethyr, according to a questionable set of attributes for the Enochian characters. His results largely reflect his expectations, with the occasional unusual insight forcing its way through a thick curtain of inappropriate symbols. The current seer had a substantially different view of the matter going in. What is surprising is that the results have not conformed to my expectations to any great degree. I expected to find a lot of differing powers, but all of basically the same level of reality. That is to say, a "horizontal" distribution like political divisions on a map, with varying customs and themes in each "country". Instead, it is shaping up more into a vertical progression, though not so orderly a one as might be expected; we are not following the paths in sequence down the Tree. While not conforming to my expectations, the visions are certainly conforming -- in a general way -- to my knowledge and symbols. I have used Achad's Tree of Life exclusively for almost a quarter-century; the symbolism of the G.D. Tree, which figures so largely in Crowley's vision, is largely alien to my perceptions. But there are surprises as well; the Sumerian goddess has not figured in my previous work, aside from a few invocations of her Venusian aspect; the more cosmic aspect here is new to me. The Great Serpent has hardly figured at all; I discovered the Draco connection to the Supernal Triad years ago and could not make sense of it, and so forgot it. The Parts in the Aethyr ZOM present in essence three aspects of Fire: Pure, divine Fire in Samapha, destructive Fire in Virooli, creative Fire in Andispi. These are presented in terms of the three paths of Achad's Tree that descend vertically from the Supernal Triad, and thus transmit the divine will into the manifest worlds. Note that only the highest aspect of each path is shown, that which has the greatest influence from the sephira at the top of its length. If indications are correct, we can expect that somewhere further on we will see Parts that show the paths' powers with the upper and lower sephiroth in balance, and with the lower sephiroth dominant. There are some odd reversals presented among these aspects. The divine fire erases its creation; the destructive fire dissolves into unity in Binah; the creative fire of Love or Art, instead of unifying, brings about a deconstruction of unity into a sevenfold diversity. No doubt much meditation will be needed before I can explain this. Examining the previously-done triads of Parts, we see some continuing patterns. In each Aethyr, one part represents a "positive" pole, another an anti-positive (but not necessarily "negative") pole, and a third that balances or transcends them. An alternating "vertical" polarity is overlaid on this: in the Parts for the First and Third Aethyrs, the first Part in the sequence was the balancing form. In the second, it was the last in sequence. There may be an additional threefold connection among these first three Aethyrs as well. The overall flavor of the first Aethyr seems to me to be more or less neutral; the second Aethyr was clearly "female", the third clearly "male" in mode. We will see after the next nine Parts whether this pattern continues. ... Do not call up that which you can not put on hold. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: To Meta Thereon Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 20 Sep 94 22:15:26 Subject: Enochian Magick UpdReq I haven't had much experience in Enochian magick other than reading a few books. I am suspecting that you would be a good person to ask about how to start. What do you consider necessary, and what is a good book to begin with? Are the Schuelers(SP) worth reading, or is there someone else that can explain it more easily (ACs Small book on Enochia)? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718