From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-T 18 Aug 94 14:58:00 Subject: Question UpdReq Thus said Ar Aakhu-t to Josh Norton concerning Question: AA> 93- JN> Heehee. Now you know why I refuse to be a teacher -- people JN> hate it when JN> you say "I don't know". AA> On the other hand, it's a great reminder to AA> chuck the ego-inflation that it tempts. From my random encounters over the years, seems to me that those teachers most prone to ego-inflation are also those most likely to try baffling 'em with bullshit instead of admitting ignorance. Alas, with my verbal handicap, I never got a chance to try that route. Might have been fun, for the short while it could be sustained. ... The universe doesn't take you seriously, so why should you? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Shadow Walker 18 Aug 94 15:53:02 Subject: Re: enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Shadow Walker to Josh Norton concerning Re: enochian 101: SW> Maybe not a wall but the focusing of a lens. JN> I'm not sure what you're getting at here. SW> I don't like the idea of putting up walls either. When establlishing SW> my circle and doing banishings I some times visualize the circle to SW> be a lens and the banishing is cleaning and focusing that lens to SW> channel the specific force or rays wanted . Hmmm.....do you think of the circle as an extension of yourself? JN> And having that crap pop up JN> and bite you is the best motivation there is for getting rid of it. JN> Since such events seem to only rarely produce permanent injuries, JN> perhaps its better that the magician experience it as early as JN> possible. SW> I strongly disagree with you here. Having worked as a mental health SW> care- giver I have seen too many people left as empty shells as a SW> result of "magickal experimentation" and mostly with crap I might SW> add. Stuff you wouldn't think SW> would have any power at all. (Pondering....) In a couple of decades I've personally encountered only one person who seemed to have really screwed himself up with magick, and heard of one other. I also worked directly and indirectly in mental health for several years. And for the life of me I can't think of a single case I saw where the problems could be directly attributable to magickal practice. The very few that involved magick at all seemed to have pre-existing etiologies. The fact that the "experimenters" you mention screwed up with minor stuff makes me think that might have been the case there. Consider also the long-term effects: were these people still "empty shells" five or ten years later? If not, then I don't see a problem. But that was long ago, and things may have changed. Maybe Kayla Block has some impressions on the matter. You listening Kayla? In any case, my essentially libertarian philosophy and my magickal experience combine to give me a somewhat darwinian view of the matter. Individual freedom includes the freedom to screw up; it's not my place to interfere. And from a spiritual standpoint, the only things you're likely to screw up are a few disposable vehicles -- once you die, you no longer suffer the consequences of your actions. The "eternal" part of your being retains the benefits of the lesson, perhaps more so for the severity of it. Some of the enochian angels seem to share this view, in a more severe form -- in fact, I just realized I got my attitude from them. As part of a series of advanced techniques they gave me a few years ago, they included a technique that is almost a test-to-destruction; anyone using it is guaranteed to have the integrity of their being tested to the limit, and a bit beyond. Its effects were so severe that I objected to publishing it; it seemed too much like handing a loaded gun to a child. The angels replied that you can't expect people to become spiritual adults unless you trust them with adult tools and dangers. In their view, the maturing process _requires_ such tests, or one does not gain true maturity. And if some fail the test, then there's always their next incarnation. ... PARANOID - One who is truly in touch with reality. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 19 Aug 94 07:31:00 Subject: Laycock's Enochian Dictionary UpdReq It's out!!! I called Serpents Occult this morning about ordering something else and Steve has got Laycock's book in. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718