From: Shadow Walker Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-T 3 Jul 94 23:14:00 Subject: Re: enochian 101 UpdReq -=> Quoting Ar Aakhu-t to Josh Norton <=- AA> 93- JN> Hmmm. You're probably asking the wrong person -- these days I JN> don't use JN> any magickal trappings at all, just the Calls and Names and JN> whatever JN> symbol/pyramid/etc. I'm using as a focus point. So much of what JN> I do is JN> experimental that I hesitate to force things into a particular AA> Great- yeah, I'm inclined that way myself. Generally I do AA> ritual I'm familiar with in my head, unless I want to go the AA> extra effort to, say, banish especially well or something. AA> Doing it physically is pretty important for getting it down, AA> though. I'm all for minimal temple fittings- just kind of AA> wondering whabare minimums might be good. JN> (much good specifics) Isn't such a lax aproach to all this rather dangerous? Shadow Walker AA> THanks- I'll take a look at going at it thatway. JN> As for ceremonies, I'd start with a quick general purification, JN> blessing, and fumigation, and a general invocation of the JN> element in JN> question. The G.D. invocations aren't bad for this purpose, JN> being short AA> Let me back up at this point- what element is in question- AA> what is the question? See, this is where I don't get it, somehow, AA> though I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face. Why would AA> you want to do something? I'm not asking to raise philosophical AA> ethics about Enochian, it's that... well, I know what an LBR is AA> good for- I'm inclined to think of it as a tool. I realize that AA> these tools are intended for exploration, but on what point AA> would one embark? I mean, "I think I'll call up a randomly AA> selected spirit to see what will happen"? Or "I will call up AA> the spirit BEANHEAD because he is most favorable in operations AA> to bring wealth of mexican food"? YOu see what I mean? (I AA> apologize if I seem as flip as I am vague- I'm having a hard AA> time elucidating this question) AA> 93/93 /\ AA> . . \./ \,/ AA> -AR AAKHU-T X >< X AA> /'\ /`\ AA> horizon@fry.halcyon.com \/ AA> -!- SuperBBS 1.17-3 (Eval) AA> ! Origin: -= The Sacred Grove =- Seattle's Pagan BBS (206)322-5450 AA> (93:9708/0) ... Does the noise in my head bother you? ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Shadow Walker Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 3 Jul 94 23:15:00 Subject: Re: enochian 101 UpdReq -=> Quoting Christeos Pir to Ar Aakhu-t <=- -=> Ar Aakhu-t sent a message to Christeos Pir on 12 May 94 01:15:00 <=- -=> Re: Enochian 101 <=- CP> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. AA> Which leads me to the next question: what are the dangers? AA> Pardon me if this seems overly gunshy, but I have heard more [...] CP> I have used this system for over 20 years now and I am pretty sure that the "dangers" are due to subtle influences within the human psyche. The system works on levels below consciousness. When you do a call you actually open interdimentional gates within ones own being. If a person is not careful forces and emotions released by the deep mind can become deadly. That is a person can find themselves developing obsessions, paranoia, subtle changes in personality, and all the other problems one can develop as a result of coming too close to the "Divine", too soon. I may seem a little flippant but I am serious. The Enochian is not something to play with. If you are going to do it, do it with reverance, respect, and deliberate intent. Love is the Law, Love under Will Shadow Walker ... I expect miracles! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Shadow Walker Area: ENOCHIAN To: Julia Phillips 3 Jul 94 23:15:00 Subject: Re: enochian 101 UpdReq -=> Quoting Julia Phillips to Fir <=- F> I was in my first Enochian ritual last summer with someone F> else and I remember thinking that the energy was a lot cleaner F> than what I was used to in Wicca. More direct perhaps? JP> I think there are a number of reasons for this, not least that Enochia JP> actually *is* a system, where Wicca really is a conglomeration from JP> various sources, only some of which work together well. In my JP> experience, where the Wiccan concerned has spent time and JP> effort in honing their rituals, and actually *practising* them, JP> the energy is clear and sharp. But, unfortunately, in a lot of JP> cases this isn't so, and you have a mish-mash of ideas, with JP> the result that the energy seems confused. Any thoughts? I can't disagree with you here. It has been my experience that few practicing Wiccan's would be practicing if they really thought it worked. All too many of them want to "play" at being witch's and delve in either ambiguous magicks or something "safe" like herbalism. With all the avoidance of power and results It is no wonder that you would feel the difference. Magickians are usually just the opposite in their attitudes. Consequently there has been more than a little conflict between these two groups. Love is the Law, Love under Will Shadow Walker P.S. There is no Will but Love! JP> B*B Julia JP> -!- GoldED 2.42.G1219 JP> ! Origin: Hiraeth BBS Australia (666:4330/106) ... equal opportunity heretic. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718