From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 13 Jun 94 21:11:58 Subject: Recensa? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. KB> hi azoth, Hi, Kayla! KB> ack, the pastel sounds awful! (maybe they looked better KB> than they sound.) Not exactly flashing colors, but not all that bad, really. KB> the ebony sounds beautiful. i'll be interested in hearing KB> about it, when you actually start constructing a set this KB> way. :) I'm having a hard time finding a good sized piece of ebony to play on, but I did find reasonably priced slabs intended for knifemakers that look like they might be ok. I've also got some samples of horn and other stuff from the same source (Atlanta Cutlery). It shouldn't be too far beyond my meager skills to slice and cut and rend and ..... You know. };-] I also want to put a frame of some sort around a triangular piece of polished obsidian I have for use as a scrying mirror. It needs to be the sort of frame that will allow me to pour a 1/8" or so layer of beeswax into the back of it, behind the obsidian, for inscribing (but not permanently.) I'm not sure why, but the black mirror sometimes works better (or at least more easily....) than my crystal. A> I've been really distracted lately by some recent A> additions to my library (some Hermetic Research Trust A> originals that Phanes hasn't reprinted). KB> from where, pray tell? I do a regular business with Serpent's Occult, and Steve keeps an eye out for special goodies, like the HRT volume on Khunrath, and another of Commentaries on the Chemical Wedding (not the same as the later Phanes one with Joscelyn Godwin's new translation.) He _just_ sold me a 1705 1st edition of Beaumont's _Spirits and Apparitions_, which is a real hoot. Good prices all. He's hot on the trail of the Nelson White Lemegeton, too. And he's already got the new Grimorium Verum from Ars Obscura (and will also be handling their Honorius, when and if.) A> Tsk. Maybe I should make it into an Enochian Name Door for the BBS? KB> i like it! go for it! I've already sort-of been working on an apectarian bulletin generator, so you could find out the necessary sun-in-whatever and moon-in-whatever and similar stuff at login. I, at least, get tired of banging on my old-fashioned paper ephemeris looking for good aspects.... };-] Hmmm. An Enochian Name Door, huh? Otay, it's on the list. A> Khuit? Or that I use the first 2 Calls to activate the A> lines of the Black Cross _without_ breaking them into A> the lines of the Tablet of Union? Some day there will be KB> can you explain more about how/what you're doing with this? Well, I started with another of Josh's ideas (see his work on the first two Keys) and discovered the basic approach sound: call the Calls and observe any responses (resonant or otherwise) in this, that or the other of the Tablets. Things depend a hell of a lot on what you're trying to do, so, given my disinterest in planets and elements and all the usual associations that folks use with the Tablets and Keys, I found some very interesting effects when I used the Calls to ..... well, I'm not sure I have a word for it, but if you regard the Tablets as in some way an embodiment of the WatchTowers (you know, universal boundary markers of an archetypal sort, and observably concrete on the astral) and the Black Cross as the spiritual glue that holds it all together, if you call the first two Calls a certain way in sequence, it sort of puts you at the prime focus of things and in a position to ..... Work. Mantric, not like invocations at all, and dependent on the fourfold mandala of the WatchTowers for any effect. I've been using the other Calls differently as well, but that's for another time. };-] A> a large, smoking crater here with the sign: "Here was A> Az0th when he said the Words just exactly the wrong A> way...." KB> LOL, or just wait till the cat explodes! Nah, Merlin's too cool to blow up. He'd just laugh (a laughing cat is a frightening sight to behold...) He does keep me honest, though. One time I didn't properly conclude some Enochian work and Something decided to hang about for a while, unbidden and (mostly) unnoticed. I swear, the cat camped out in front of my altar, staring at a point some two feet over the censer until I formally licensed said Something to be well and truly gone. The only difficulties I've had with Enochian are matters of basic technique, and I'm often back to MTP and MWT to pay more attention to detail. A> Cool. I'll shortly be posting Ryan Parker's stuff over A> on Nec; ought to be interesting. KB> things have been exceedingly slow around there, so i'm KB> definitely looking forward to your posts! I tried asking him if it was ok to re-post his work, and got no response, so I'll make a likely guess and figure that he wouldn't mind sharing his ideas with BeastNetters, so.... Incoming! Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 14 Jun 94 03:56:04 Subject: Giants in the Earth UpdReq CP | Now it came about that when men started to grow in CP |numbers on CP | the surface of the Earth and daughters were born to CP |them, then CP | the sons of (the) Elohim began to notice the daughters CP |of men, CP | that they were attractive; and they went taking wives CP |for CP | themselves, namely, all whom they chose. - Gen 6:1,2 CP | CP | The Nephilim proved to be in the earth in those days, CP |and also CP | after that, when the sons of (the) Elohim continued to CP |have CP | relations with the daughters of men and they bore sons CP |to them, CP | they were the mighty ones who were of old, the men of CP |fame. Can't resist nosing in with the comment that there's a really interesting treatment of the Nephilim in the novel 'The Stress of Her Regard' by Tim Powers. 93/93 ,-----. . . / H \ -Ar Aakhu-t | H | horizon@fry.halcyon.com | H | \ ===^=== / `._____,' 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 14 Jun 94 04:00:06 Subject: Enochian Class UpdReq 93- Offhand, I'd support you following your intuitions about the class. Leading a group in a magical working is challenging enough, let alone when you have to play the part of someone who knows what they're doing. I did a class on the I Ching at an Oasis meeting, and despite the fact that everyone there was cool, it got a lot heavier and more difficult than I expected, because it got a lot more personal than I expected. Magick has a way of doing that, and it's hard to keep the leader act up, esp. with a bunch of Thelemites. So I'd agree with you maybe wanting to cancel or consider regrouping. 93/93 ,-----. . . / H \ -Ar Aakhu-t | H | horizon@fry.halcyon.com | H | \ ===^=== / `._____,' 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718