From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 28 May 94 00:03:08 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> Arrgh. Y'know, I've had so many complaints about that in the past that JN> this time I went through my master electronic-version copy one page at a JN> time, typing in the "insert" direction below every picture before I JN> deleted the picture itself. Hard to believe I STILL managed to miss ain't it just the way it always goes! JN> Well, I'm not sure Word for the Mac will convert WfW format -- unless JN> there's been a very recent upgrade. And for some reason the Word for Mac JN> converter in WfW doesn't convert the picture formatting reliably. JN> Besides, I usually use a non-standard Adobe Postscript font (Adobe hmmm....well, i have a tranlator for WfW and WfD, though i don't know what versions these are for. so far, i haven't tried converting anything with graphics in them, but i haven't had any problems reading anything with the converters, and no one has complained when i've saved stuff for them using either of those formats. KB> it's still in draft form, but it's approaching a finalized KB> form. i am interested in getting some feedback from a few KB> people before putting it into it's final version. if i could, it would be easiest for me to send this to you in WfD or WfW format and include windows versions of the true type fonts that i'm using. i am planning on an ASCII conversion at some point, but right now i'm just trying to get an almost final draft finished. JN> The only well-known work of his that I don't have is "Crystal Vision JN> Through Crystal-Gazing". But getting duplicates wouldn't hurt, as long JN> as you're not typing them in just for me. Let me check my zip file of JN> his stuff.... i have that in book form. it isn't long, so if you'd like i could xerox off a copy for you. sounds like i don't have anything electronically that you don't already have. Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 27 May 94 22:13:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- FF> AA> I'm not sure I understand. Can you elaborate? FF> FF> An energy outside of myself that is. Not sure how well I can (etc) FF> So to sit through invoking just one entity without all the FF> other trappings around it allowed me to focus on that one FF> thing, FF> and get a feel for it without any interference. FF> FF> Does that make any sense? Yes it does! So how was it in that case- did you get a strong feeling for the entity concerned? 93/93 /\ . . \./ \,/ -AR AAKHU-T X >< X /'\ /`\ horizon@fry.halcyon.com \/ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 28 May 94 23:48:48 Subject: Recensa? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> As I said, I think Dee neglected to record part of the events; the stuff JN> about changing the arrangement of the Tablets just pops up out of JN> nowhere, and doesn't seem to have any connection to the "cipher" numbers JN> that immediately preceded it in the record. ok, i wasn't sure if i was following you on that one. thank you for your patience with my numerous questions! i appreciate your clarifications. i don't think that before reading the godzilla paper, i had run across anyone so clearly delineating the history of the structure of the tablet. fascinating stuff! Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 28 May 94 23:53:58 Subject: Recensa? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> Aside from the G.D., which includes the letters from ALL the revisions, JN> no. But which of the five pre-recensa versions are you going to use? well, the set that i've already started putting together is based on what i think was the first set, (as in the diagram on p. 117 in 'the enochian evocation' book). since i don't know much about the intermediary versions, going back to the 'first edition' regarding the letters, lesser angle attributions, and layout of the great table seemed like the thing to do. at least for the moment. the one modification that i am planning on is to color the tablets g.d. style, though they would look different due to the original placement of the lesser angles. i would be interested in your opinion regarding which pre-recensa, (if any pre-recensa) or if you feel that there are any reasons that i shouldn't be going back to version one? (hmmm...i'm tired tonight, hope that last sentence made sense.) ;> the version that i'm currently working on is electronic, so that any subsequent revisions won't be so painful. ;> TTYL! Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 29 May 94 00:05:18 Subject: Recensa? UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi azoth! A> I have! Anybody working with Dee's "Book of A> Supplications and Invocations' is working with a pre- yeah! i knew that i couldn't be the only one to think about it. i would be interested in hearing the reasons why you decided on the version that you chose? was there a particular reason(s) that you rejected the recensa version? had you previously worked with the recensa tablets? A> James goes so far as to recreate a pre-Recensa Table A> which is consistent with all those Angelick names in A> 'The Book of Supplications &c'. A few months ago I i believe that what you're referring to is the same table as the one that i'm currently constructing a set of tablets from. p.117? A> published my own computer-assisted researches into the A> actual differences between the Recensa and this pre- A> Recensa working version. Use of a computer allowed for A> the identification of the several typographical errors can you explain how comparing the 2 different tablets helped to identify typos? A> If you like, I can re-post the material here, or the i would love to see it! i was under the impression that the 'entools' files were some sort of DOS enochian gematria program. have i been missing out all of this time? :) A> Of course there's also the matter of consistency with A> the Governors' names in Dee's 'Book of Knowledge, Help A> and Earthly Victory'. You may find my efforts useful, or A> at least amusing.... };-] i'm sure that i would find your researches to be helpful. i'm fairly new to enochian, (being peripherally familiar with it for awhile), but really just starting to learn about it, and just starting to do some enochian workings. the reason that i even thought about going back to the pre-recensa tablets didn't have anything to do with things like consistency with governor's names, etc. i still don't fully understand how the recensa made certain other things become inconsistent. but, while doing some skrying, i had certain 'unbanishable' critters show up that were inconsistent with the element that i was supposed to be dealing with. i was scratching my head for a few weeks over this, and then started reading a paper of josh's and found out some info about the tablet revisions. instantly, my 'wrong critter's' made some sense since their attributes *were* in alliance with the pre-recensa attributions, and *ding*, i began to question using the recensa tablets. (as an aside, i had no idea before reading josh's paper that the tablet positions had ever been switched. i thought that the revisions were just changes in some of the letters.) would love to hear your thoughts about all of this! (BTW, did you get my netmail that i sent to you about 3-4 weeks ago?) Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 28 May 94 18:50:00 Subject: Drugs and Hysteria UpdReq 93- JN> AA> Speaking in general here, not just about Enochian, JN> AA> it seems like this stress syndrome has something to do JN> AA> with the connection between magick and hysteria- the JN> Hmmm. I would hesitate to say this is a specifically JN> magick-connected JN> process. The same sort of symptoms occurred frequently in the JN> decidedly JN> non-magickal realm of the Social Security office. I suspect its JN> common JN> in magickal work because the results you get are so desirable JN> at the JN> same time that they're stress-inducing. The attraction of the JN> results JN> tends to pull folks in too deep before they become aware of how JN> much it JN> is punishing their bodies. Agreed- actually, though, I meant hysteria in the more clinical sense of the term, including but not limited to phenomena such as manifestation of stigmata, etc.- in the clinical realm where internal is rather easily (though not always easily explainable) in material manifestation. I expect Kayla could provide a better description than I could of what hysteria refers to in a clinical sense. But that hyperactive, hypersensitive state connected with the magical/mystical state around Tipareth and heart areas- what Antero Alli once refered to as 'Chapel Perilous'- that's closer to what I meant than just simple stress. But you are very right in that the very attraction of that spiritual state might tend to draw folks in. Reminds me of AC's comments in 'Thoth' on the Fortune card, where he quotes Vision & the Voice passage on how the lamb tempts the righteous just as surely as the wolf and the... um, what's the other one? JN> Heh. I forgot just how MUCH coffee you folks drink out there! I JN> tend to JN> keep a low-level "maintenance dose" during most of the day, and JN> this is JN> easily ignored. Drinking enough to get the jitters certainly JN> isn't good JN> for your magickal work -- not to mention your blood pressure! JN> What I notice is what a violent mood swing it can bring. With coffee the way we make it (typical is a double latte- two shots of espresso) the other effects hit far before the jitters do. By the time I get the jitters, I'm already a wreck. Probably others here (Fir? Grendel?) could make better comments on the morphology of Latte-land caffeine abuse than I could. It's bad for your adrenals especially- tends to burn 'em out. BTW- Fir gave me a copy of some of your Enochian papers- thanks for making them available! I'm looking forward to going over them soon. ,=====. -93/93 ===' _---_ . . ===<< () > -Ar Aakhu-t `---' /| `-' | 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 28 May 94 17:23:22 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Hello Fir! 22 May 94 18:19, Fir wrote to Ar Aakhu-t: F> I was in my first Enochian ritual last summer with someone F> else and I remember thinking that the energy was a lot cleaner F> than what I was used to in Wicca. More direct perhaps? I think there are a number of reasons for this, not least that Enochia actually *is* a system, where Wicca really is a conglomeration from various sources, only some of which work together well. In my experience, where the Wiccan concerned has spent time and effort in honing their rituals, and actually *practising* them, the energy is clear and sharp. But, unfortunately, in a lot of cases this isn't so, and you have a mish-mash of ideas, with the result that the energy seems confused. Any thoughts? B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 28 May 94 18:23:36 Subject: Recensa? UpdReq Hello Kayla! 24 May 94 01:18, Kayla Block wrote to Josh Norton: JN>> much practical work with the Calls and Tablets. Perhaps JN>> there were some records somewhere in the ones that got used JN>> for pie-wrappers, but we'll never know. KB> or burned. :\ The first person actually to use the system was Elias Ashmole, and his working diaries are extant, and available in the BL. Rufus says his handwriting looks like a spider crawled across the page , but once you get used to it, it's okay to copy. If Dee did ever use the system, it's not been recorded, and I don't think Arthur Dee has ever mentioned it, either. KB> was kelly inclined to be doing work on his own? Worth bearing in mind that Kelly had been working within magical arts for a long time before he turned up on Dee's doorstep. JN>> According to Dee's entries for April 20th: JN>> "E.K. this day had divers apparitions unto him in his JN>> own Chamber, KB> i don't suppose kelly kept diaries? (i guess if he did, they're KB> not extant. ) Got it in one :) JN>> extracts, the angels always refer to the Tablets in terms of JN>> directions, or visually by reference to one of the four JN>> sigils, not by elements. Maybe Julia or someone else here JN>> knows. KB> do you know whether dee used the pentagram attributes that we KB> currently use? or whether there was any type of ritual that would KB> use the elemental attributions to the quarters as used in the KB> LBRP? I checked this just now with Rufus, before inserting my foot in my mouth and echoing internationally . All of the elemental attributions are from Mathers, not the Enochian system itself. According to Rufus (thus absolving myself from any responsibility in this ), Mathers was on the right lines with his attempts to associate elements and sub-elements, but wrong in using the tetragrammaton as his base. So, all of the subsequent arrangements generated from this base are incorrect. I'll print off a copy of Josh's message to you, send it to Rufus, and ask him to make some comments. If all else fails, I'll phone him again :) He is the world's *worst* at writing, though :) B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 29 May 94 00:45:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- CP> AA> stories I've heard involved people doing obviously stupid CP> things, or CP> AA> in some way exposing their unreadiness to handle it. CP> CP> Yeah, magick is a lot like electricity. An analogy I've always liked! By the same token, it is always wise to make a strong magical link before bringing a lot of energy down. Magick naturally seeks the shortest distance between points, the most efficient course to bear the flow, like a stream running downhill. If you just invoke in vague terms it may be easiest to manifest as a lightening bolt through the window- much better to arrange wires with adequate insulation, connections, and even ciruit breakers. CP> Well, from what I've read, heard and experienced, the CP> elemental tablets CP> are tied into the material world through the elements and CP> through the CP> planets. The Aethyrs, while interconnected with the elemental CP> tablets CP> in a way that's hard to describe succinctly, seem to deal with CP> 'higher' CP> planes, sorta like what's described as 'rising on the planes.' Oh, oh, Mr Kotter! That's a point which I've chewed a little on. I have trouble taking -both- Enochian as being more than just a synthesis of the magical systemology around then- in short, that Dee & Kelley -really did- contact an external intelligence... ... it bothers me then when it fits mainstream Astrological conventions, the correpondances to all the decans, and running the nice, neat, modern christian-filtered Tree of Life right into it... or was that just a Golden Dawn tack-on? Their tack on enochian bothers me. So, okay. What you're suggesting is that all the tablet stuff serves as an elemental anchor for the Aethyr work, just as the pentagram does for planetary work with the hexagram. Similar idea? In that case, one of the nice points of a system like, say, the Abramelin, is that it suggests an angle of approach, how to proceed: prepare, cleanse, pray, do the many month thing, successfully invoke HGA, then commence to evoke each of the four elemental 'prince of demons'. Then use the squares with the HGA's guidance. Not an easy routine, certainly. But I wonder what an equivalent course might be in the Enochian systems. Is one expected to have already covered the preparation using typical banishings & such? Does it make any difference whether you start by calling on Spirits rather than scryibg the aethyrs? I've heard tales such as: your success passing into successively higher aethyrs depends on your degree of true initiation, and to try higher than you can pass is somehow injurious... I'm trying to excavate what I can think I understand so far about it, hoping you all can help correct or fill in details from your experience. 93/93- -Ar Aakhu-t S S S S . { , /| | | == ,===+===. `.`,-.',' -+ | L) || H ~~((O))~~ ----+---- |===][===| H ,',`-'.`. | | /` || H / } \ L) | \) == 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 29 May 94 00:48:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- JN> Hi Ar! Just to set your mind at rest, I don't give a damn if JN> people make JN> copies of my stuff for their friends, no matter how many JN> friends they JN> have. The only thing I would object to is the sale of it for JN> profit. And JN> I hold the copyright on all of it, so Black Moon doesn't have JN> anything JN> to say in the matter. Thanks- good to hear it, I really appreciate your attitude in the matter. So should it be. 93/93 ,-----. . . / H \ -Ar Aakhu-t | H | horizon@fry.halcyon.com | H | \ ===^=== / `._____,' 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 29 May 94 00:52:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- CP> Uh oh... I'm still ringing like a bell from last weekend's CP> inits: Again, congratulations! May you catch life with both hands! CP> refresh my memory as to what I'm sending you? Oops. It was actually Fir. BTW- I'll be putting a copy of your Enochian pronounciation & misc papers in the library, which is getting off the ground- we've got more than 200 books to begin with, and a real lending system. It's really coming together. CP> BTW, it's 'Christeos,' as in 'Let there be' in Enochian. Bonk! Oops! Sorry- what a great choice! I like it- I admit I'd wondered how you came up with it. ,=====. -93/93 ===' _---_ . . ===<< () > -Ar Aakhu-t `---' /| `-' | 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718