From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 19 May 94 00:42:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- CP> I gather you haven't run across Josh's books. Highly CP> recommended. You CP> can buy hardcopies from Black Moon, or perhaps talk him out of CP> a copy CP> on disk. Or I can send you a disk. Or you can f/req them from CP> BaphoNet. Sounds like a must-read. I'll see about hardcopy, as that would be a nice addition to the library. 93/93- -Ar Aakhu-t S S S S . { , /| | | == ,===+===. `.`,-.',' -+ | L) || H ~~((O))~~ ----+---- |===][===| H ,',`-'.`. | | /` || H / } \ L) | \) == 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 19 May 94 00:46:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- CP> AA> Which leads me to the next question: what are the dangers? CP> CP> No, it's a fair question. I'd say the dangers are pretty much CP> those of CP> most systems that actually have power and/or a good connection CP> to it: (etc) Sounds reasonable. Admittedly, a good portion of the horro stories I've heard involved people doing obviously stupid things, or in some way exposing their unreadiness to handle it. As for the 'elemental' natures of the spirits- that's the impression I've gotten too. It does seem a fairly 'clean' system compared to some. ,=====. -93/93 ===' _---_ . . ===<< () > -Ar Aakhu-t `---' /| `-' | 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Paul Hume 19 May 94 00:52:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- PH> My own two cents...my experience is that while any system of PH> magical work can cause "blow ups," the input of attention/ PH> energy to Enochian before PH> results of SOME kind occur (not so much the exploding Doberman PH> and level of maturity as Necronomicon horror stories) seems to PH> be much smaller. I.E., this is a much 'hotter' system, in the same way that the Star Ruby is hotter than the LBR? PH> The energies, even in their most tenuous psychological form, PH> tend to give you what you expect - thus clear working depends PH> on avoiding "lust of result" really well. Since feedback from PH> your own interior nasties can be among the most unpleasant of PH> magical results, you get the Enochian horror stories. Avoiding lust of result seems a -very- good point here. I've found this to be just a crucially central issue in magick of any kind beyond simple banishing. The test "To what end" is the universal solvent, it seems. I find it very helpful in working to begin by doing "Will" just like I do before dinner- it requires that you be very clear your motivations, which is such a plus. I can see this would be good for Enochian as well. PH> On the flip side, one of the few "gosh" results (a chanting PH> chorus of Earth elementals joining in the invocations, to the PH> extent that I expected plaster to start coming off walls, and PH> was REALLY worried that the upstairs appartment would be PH> royally pissed) occurred when doing an invocation of that PH> Element which took its power from the recitation of the Keys PH> appropriate to the Earth tablet. Sounds great. Not that the 'gosh' results are really all that important, but they sure are fun once in a while! 93/93 /\ . . \./ \,/ -AR AAKHU-T X >< X /'\ /`\ horizon@fry.halcyon.com \/ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 19 May 94 00:54:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- JN> There's lots of working examples of my explorations floating JN> around the JN> net, or available from Black Moon Publishing. You'd probably JN> get a JN> better idea of what I've encountered by reading a few of these JN> than from JN> what little I can encapsulate in a net-message. THanks- I'll check them out- Christos was recommending them as well. 93/93- -Ar Aakhu-t S S S S . { , /| | | == ,===+===. `.`,-.',' -+ | L) || H ~~((O))~~ ----+---- |===][===| H ,',`-'.`. | | /` || H / } \ L) | \) == 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 19 May 94 01:08:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- JN> In my own experience, the primary dangers in Enochian work are JN> stress- JN> related physical and mental problems. Contact with these forces JN> puts a JN> LOT more stress on your nervous system than is immediately JN> apparent to JN> your conscious mind. The symptoms are much like those you get JN> from doing JN> methedrine continuously for a week or so -- nervous exhaustion, JN> lowered JN> immune response, inability to concentrate, flights of ideas, JN> paranoia. This is -very- useful practical information- thanks! I can see that some of what I've heard could be rtaced to exactly this sort of thing- the stress and exhaustion combined with minor paranoia- and by this I mean not just the 'they're out to get me' type, but the general lowering of discrimination so that the first idea that occurs to one gets amplified and accepted (I was going to make some rude comment about Grant, but thought better of it ;) as fact. JN> This stress seems to be inherent in the way the system is JN> constructed, JN> and so is not completely avoidable. As an example of what can JN> happen, I JN> caught mononucleosis as a direct result of overdoing it with JN> these JN> powers. The accompanying mental effects were bad enough that I JN> had to JN> stop doing any sort of magick for half a year -- I was burned JN> out. THis seems the case with any type of magick, the hotter, the more so- I hear similar things about Abramelin, such as William Bloom near death with hepatitis for six months as described in his book. Speaking in general here, not just about Enochian, it seems like this stress syndrome has something to do with the connection between magick and hysteria- the affinity with asthma, for instance- I don't know enough to know where this lies, but I've encountered it before. JN> This being the case, it is best to pace yourself carefully. JN> Allow a JN> couple of days between invocations for the energies to "soak JN> in" to your JN> being, and for the excess to dissipate. At intervals, take a JN> month off JN> from the work and concentrate on some more natural sorts of JN> magick -- JN> say, planetary or sephirotic invocations -- to ground yourself JN> and get JN> your nervous system re-aligned. JN> JN> And while I got a lot of milage out of combining invocations JN> with JN> marijuana, in retrospect I'd have to say that it was probably a JN> mistake JN> to do so. Stay away from any other drugs while using the Calls. Good advice. I suspect that a common motivation for using such might be the nagging doubt that anything will really happen, and the desire to throw more into it... my experiences in general concur- I have learned a great deal by doing ritual at those times when I was using drugs, but I've learned far more by doing without, and it's far less exhausting or wasteful. JN> (Caffeine is OK -- I know how Seattlites love coffee. ) And JN> regular Ha! Well, but I'd have to disagree- I think coffee is as dangerous as any of them, in its way. It can be -very- physically debilitating. The day before yesterday I was running around meeting with people and such, and without really noticing it I drank about three times as much coffee (socially) as I normally do, and it has really trashed me since then- I'm still recovering. As far as using coffee as a magical adjutant, I think I'd be especially careful. The problem in Seattle is that coffee is so available and accepted, it's really easy to sugar-coat just how strong it can be. JN> physical exercise is a good idea, too. "Wisdom says: be strong! JN> Then JN> canst thou bear more joy." JN> I think this would be the best of all! A good nudge to get back to those exercises! :) Hope you're well- 93/93 ,-----. . . / H \ -Ar Aakhu-t | H | horizon@fry.halcyon.com | H | \ ===^=== / `._____,' 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 19 May 94 22:47:20 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> different "magickal formulas" that apply to the various parts of the JN> Tablets. The "Macrocosmic Ritual" and "Lotus" papers will likely find a JN> place in the finished work as well. this sounds interesting. let us know when it will be available! JN> Hmmm. I THOUGHT I put in little comments saying "insert FIGX.TIF here" JN> wherever a picture went. They should be placed shortly after the point most of the figures do have blurbs saying 'insert fig x here', but a few of them don't. JN> where they are first mentioned, though I tried to avoid putting more JN> than one on a page -- at least in my nicely-formatted Word for Windows damn, wish i knew in advance that you had Word! btw, when i get that database in the mail to you, would you also be interested in my including a copy of my 'stellae rubeae' commentary? it's still in draft form, but it's approaching a finalized form. i am interested in getting some feedback from a few people before putting it into it's final version. also, fir suggested that you might want any achad stuff that i have electronically. is there anything that you're hunting for? (i'm mostly figuring that you already have anything that i have been him, but you never know!) JN> Like I said, just get a "feel" for the different elements first, then go JN> into some systematic explorations. I don't want to get too specific, as sounds good to me! TTYL! Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mad Maxx Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 20 May 94 12:48:46 Subject: RE: Temple Privacy UpdReq Io Kayla! It would be most cool to have you for a neighbor! I can understand your reasons for not wanting to take a room in the OZ house (!) but there are enough people around (my significant other and I have a dream of taking over a warehouse and turning it into an ecelctic temple of magick, so who knows...) As for my Enochian work: it's a long, sad story,wF but due to a somewhat violent sundering of the last circle I was a part of (including madness, backbiting, attempted suicide and other fun stuff - I'll tell you the tale sometime...) all of my original Enochian tools had to be destroyed. After much soul searching and meditation, I have decided to embark once again, with the lessons learned and am now making a new set of tools with a new partner (the aforementioned significant other.) Most of my previous work involved scrying of the aethers, using varitions on the sex magickal techniques outlined in Hyatt's _Enochian Sex Magick_. I only tried one evocation of an elemental, for a disk consecration, which was somewhat successful - a rather "hazy" cojuring to visible appearence was obtained, but both operators agreed as to what we "saw" so I count it a success. Since I am beginning again with a "clean slate" so to speak, and taking a neophyte in Enochian workings along with me, I'm very interested in anything that people here have to relate. We are using the formulae of the Arium Solis, in particular _Liber Scientae_, as a starting point of our research. Do you (or anyone else here) have any experience with their system? It seems to adhere pretty tightly to the references in _A True and Faithful..._ (in _Mysterica Magica_ they even flaunt a few reproductions of the Sloane texts just to prove their bona fides), but I'd love to get some input from anybody who has worked with their system before. Oh, wait till you see the new tablets I'm making now: the TOU is built into a cedarwood box, and a scrying mirror is built into the lid, which hinges open to a vertical angle above the tablet. Underneath is storage space for the elemental tablets, which willbe made of hammered brass with raised lettering (I have the metal casting equipment to do it). I plan to make a Holy Pentangle the same way - it willbe carved in wax originally, THEN turned into brass using lost wax casting. It will be SO cool, and I'm doing all the work by my own hand, so I expect it will be quite powerful as well... Stay in touch, Eh? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718