From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-T 10 May 94 15:56:02 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Ar Aakhu-t to Josh Norton concerning Enochian 101: JN> As for ceremonies, I'd start with a quick general purification, JN> blessing, and fumigation, and a general invocation of the JN> element in JN> question. The G.D. invocations aren't bad for this purpose, JN> being short AA> Let me back up at this point- what element is in question- AA> what is the question? I meant whatever element(s) you happen to have decided to work with. AA> See, this is where I don't get it, somehow, AA> though I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face. Why AA> would you want to do something? I'm not asking to raise AA> philosophical ethics about Enochian, it's that... well, I AA> know what an LBR is good for- I'm inclined to think of it AA> as a tool. I realize that these tools are intended for AA> exploration, but on what point would one embark? I mean, AA> "I think I'll call up a randomly selected spirit to see AA> what will happen"? Or "I will call up the spirit BEANHEAD AA> because he is most favorable in operations to bring wealth AA> of mexican food"? YOu see what I mean? (I apologize if I AA> seem as flip as I am vague-I'm having a hard time AA> elucidating this question) Hmmm. You're asking what it's good for? Not sure I can answer that one for you. Having an explorer's mentality -- and not giving a damn about producing specific physical events -- it's always been sufficient for me to invoke them just to see what happens. I've got this urge to be constantly pushing into new territory, and the angels have a way of giving me what I want. A lot of what you eventually get out of the Enochian system depends on what you bring into it. That is, what your personal talents, desires, and -- karma? or do I mean dharma? -- your spiritual "will", make possible and productive for you. And the only way you're going to find out how the angels can help you (as I'm sure they can) is to dive into the work without expectations, and see what happens. The one thing I can say is that doing things in a relatively orderly fashion is better than completely random selections. E.g., you might pick out one of the Lesser Angles and invoke all the angels therein, or you might invoke all the angels of one type in a single Tablet. By working in this way, you build up a momentum that increases the effectiveness of your work as you proceed. I personally think well of the "kerubic" angels as a starting point, because their action covers the greatest range of levels among the angels. But you might find yourself more comfortable with a different group. ... I seem to be a verb. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-t 10 May 94 22:43:48 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq -=> Ar Aakhu-t sent a message to Josh Norton on 06 May 94 14:31:00 <=- -=> Re: Enochian 101 <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. AA> Let me back up at this point- what element is in question- AA> what is the question? See, this is where I don't get it, somehow, AA> though I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face. Why would you AA> want to do something? I'm not asking to raise philosophical ethics AA> about Enochian, it's that... well, I know what an LBR is good for- I'm AA> inclined to think of it as a tool. I realize that these tools are AA> intended for exploration, but on what point would one embark? I mean, AA> "I think I'll call up a randomly selected spirit to see what will AA> happen"? Or "I will call up the spirit BEANHEAD because he is most AA> favorable in operations to bring wealth of mexican food"? YOu see what AA> I mean? (I apologize if I seem as flip as I am vague- I'm having a AA> hard time elucidating this question) I understood: "This thing is pretty neat, but what do you actually DO with it?" Most people, myself included, start off by saying, "Well, let's see what it does" and trying out some scrying experiments. But the Enochian system seems almost Trojan-Horse-like in that no matter what the user's intentions were, they almost always seem to gain spiritual insight and/or actual initiation from using it. My own experiment with a scrying of EHNB (Spirit of Spirit from the Tablet of Spirit) ended with my recognizing a relationship with my HGA. LOL! Just noticed the following in Josh's new work-in-progress: This system has connections encompassing more of the universe than our own minds can grasp; thus, whatever our conception, it will not adequately reflect the reality. It is certain that even as we use it for our own purposes, it affects us in ways we do not intend. There are few magicians who have used it for any length of time who have not discovered its "Trojan Horse" aspect: It lures the magician with the promise of power and glory; after he has been drawn in, he finds he has irrevocably committed himself to the work of evolution. It is equally certain that our actions are contributing to many other purposes on levels greater in scope than our own. I can do no better than second, wholeheartedly, what the G.H. Frater has said. IOW: You-a try heem, you-a gonna like heem. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... In either awaits you a Companion; and that Companion is Yourself. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 10 May 94 23:41:44 Subject: Diskae Enochianea UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. By not waiting longer, I'm ensuring that our messages will cross in cyberspace. Fuggit. Just in case you didn't see my other message, disk #2 got somehow munged in transit, and I got nothing after Godzill1.Zip. All attempts to repair disk 2 have met with failure, as the disk refuses to be accessed. (Not Ready Drive 1.) Also, I just noticed that the file named Godzill1.Asc is Chapter _2_, not Chapter 1 as your Contents file indicates. Since I don't have Godzill2, I don't know if it's labelled Chapter 3 or Chapter 2.bis, or... BTW, you do know that Agesnew is already out in an earlier revision as Newaeon, right? Love is the law, love under will. - CP ... and I saw not any creature upon Seb that was equal to me. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Paul Hume 9 May 94 22:15:44 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi paul, PH> Don't you hate that? I found that while simpatico yes!!! PH> that path themselves or not (my present roomies aren't PH> ceremonial types, but are Pagans, and so when I note PH> that the laundry room is unavailable (it is off the PH> temple room) because I am doing ritual or the place is PH> set up in the First Degree or whatnot, they are so, are you saying that you have a dedicated temple space that all of you share? that must be really nice. how did you find pagan roommates to hook up with? we're in the process of trying to find a new roommate, and have had ads running. it feels more than a bit awkward to ask people coming over to see the place, 'so, how do you feel about ceremonial magick?', if you know what i mean. };-] Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 9 May 94 22:20:22 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! i got the stuff you posted to me in the mail. THANK YOU!!!! there is some great stuff in there. i'm especially excited about the 'godzilla' paper. i haven't read it all the way through yet, but i've been formatting it, adding in the TIFFs and taking an extended peek at it, at the same time. so far, i have one question for you. i believe that when you were talking about the uses of the various calls, you state that the first call can be used prior to using one of the calls for the elemental tablets. i have also heard this from someone else. yet, i've noticed that crowley says that the first call should *only* be used with the spirit tablet, and 'not at all' with the other 4 tablets. so, that leaves me a bit confuscated. ;> JN> expensive, but you can make your own easily enough with a pan, some JN> silver nitrate, and a small heater. For detailed instructions on how to JN> do it, check the astronomy section of your library for books on how to JN> make a reflector telescope. They usually have a section on do-it- where do you get the silver nitrate from? this doesn't sound too terribly complicated. what do you use for skrying when you're doing enochian? have you found that whatever you skry with for enochian ends up becoming exclusively used for enochian, or can you still use it for other types of workings? BTW, i will finish getting my database together, and drop it in the mail to you soon. thanks, again! Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718