From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-T 3 May 94 12:18:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Ar Aakhu-t to Josh Norton concerning Enochian 101: AA> I'm thinking along these lines myself. Can you AA> recommend a basic starting point for practice with AA> Enochian? Specific temple setting, preliminary rituals, AA> etc? I guess I feel a little about Enochian like I did AA> back when I was trying to learn to do an LBR, but I'd never AA> seen anyone do one, just read all the material I could AA> find. Suggested starting points to try out would be AA> helpful. Hmmm. You're probably asking the wrong person -- these days I don't use any magickal trappings at all, just the Calls and Names and whatever symbol/pyramid/etc. I'm using as a focus point. So much of what I do is experimental that I hesitate to force things into a particular mold by preconceiving the nature of the forces. Let me reach into the black hole of memory and see if I can recall what I did in the early days.... Seems to me that for the angels of the Tablets and the Aethyrs, you don't need a very fancy temple. I would suggest a simple circle, perhaps surrounded by banners with the twelve Names of God, as in Dee's diagram "The Great Circle of the Quarters" or my own slightly different scheme. Forget the Holy Table -- whatever altar you use normally will do, unless it's dedicated to a specific god or purpose. Or no altar at all. As for ceremonies, I'd start with a quick general purification, blessing, and fumigation, and a general invocation of the element in question. The G.D. invocations aren't bad for this purpose, being short and to the point. For angels of the Lesser Angles, I'd then do the greater invoking ritual of the pentagram for the element of the Tablet, using the Names of God and the Elemental King of the Tablet, and _not_ the Hebrew names. Then the same ritual for the element of the Lesser Angle, but using the god- names of six and five letters. For the Seniors, do the Hexagram ritual for the Senior's planet. (In this case, _do_ use the appropriate Hebrew divine names for the planets.) Then follow this with the GIRP for the Tablet as above. Finally, vibrate the Call several times. Then invoke the Tablet names appropriate to your purpose. Keep vibrating the names until you feel some sort of response. It's best to memorize the Call rather than reading it from a book. That's it. ... I Disclaim All Warranties Of Merchantability. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Julia Phillips 3 May 94 01:18:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- JP> JP>> Enochian working, you would want to take it to the JP> JP>> celestial and super-celestial worlds later. (Sorry if JP> They are part of the general Elizabethan world-view, and a lot JP> of Dee's philosophy makes more sense (to me, at any rate) when JP> considered within the 3-world philosophy of terrestrial, JP> celestial and super-celestial. It's just another way of JP> describing the hierarchies, and it really doesn't matter what JP> words you use. I'm more familiar with these descriptions, but JP> anything else would do just as well. Can you say more to describe the celestial & super-celestial? I understand they're just variant labels for different points of the spectrum, but where do they lie? Is the celestial like the astral? Where do the various entities figure on this scale, i.e. the various angels & such, also the kind of archangelic figures set up in most banishings? JP> But then, I'm old-fashioned . Me too! Making temple equipment is to me one of the perks of magical work- it's a lot of fun! /\ . . \./ \,/ AR AAKHU-T X >< X /'\ /`\ horizon@fry.halcyon.com \/ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718