From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 24 Apr 94 12:02:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Kayla Block to Josh Norton concerning Enochian 101: KB> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. KB> hi josh! Hi! JN> As far as I can tell, Dee never thought about coloring the Tablets, so JN> there's nothing "authoritative" to go by. Go with what seems the most JN> dramatic to your eyes. KB> i thought that dee did say something about air = red, water = green, KB> etc.? was this in reference to something other than how to color KB> the tablets? (even if it was in reference to the tablets, KB> i think that i would tend to have a problem with it anyway, KB> since my associational process so automatically says, 'red KB> = fire', rather than 'red = air'). In the vision of the "Golden Talisman", it shows Air = White, Fire = "fresh Red" (I assume this means blood-red), Earth = "Black, as of Bilberry juice", and Water = "green, like garlic blades". Somewhere else (I can't find where, offhand) its Air = yellow, Fire = red, Water = blue, Earth = green. But neither of these schemes was ever used with the Tablets as such, but only with things peripherally related to them. KB> except for needing to do some sort of tablet of union, and paint one KB> more sigil, my tablets are finished. (yippee!) but now that KB> i've been re-looking over the various stuff that i have on KB> enochian, i've been feeling more than a bit overwhelmed KB> with it all. i think i'm starting to feel insecure with it KB> again. :( in your opinion, how thoroughly familiar KB> with the system do you think that one needs to be in order KB> to jump in? Hmmm. I tend to think that a general background in magickal symbolism, mythology, cabala, etc. is of more importance than a detailed familiarity with Dee's records. The Calls and Names will produce _some_ sort of effect for practically anybody, regardless of whether you follow the details of the system as originally given. OTOH, if you expect to get anything out of it, you need to have the general cabalistic lore as the "language" and structure to which the new knowledge can be related. Go ahead and jump in. ex ... Line noise provided by Cincinnati Bell Telephone. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 24 Apr 94 21:00:26 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> experience that they are _very_ difficult to invoke. With my usual JN> informal methods, I've never been able to get more than a general sense JN> of their power -- not enough of it to do a useful scrying. I've done JN> somewhat better with a simplified Temple they told me I could use, but they sound interesting, though definitely beyond me for now. JN> Yeah. Keeping in mind that the enochian manifestation of the elements is JN> not quite the same as the sort you'd get using the Tattvas or the Hebrew actually, the limited enochian that i have done in the past was invoking the elements. (as an aside, my first enochian working ever, was an invocation of earth. first thing i saw was a 'shark', which almost had me giggling over 'land sharks'! i never did end up doing too well with invoking earth in that context.) since i do have a little bit of familiarity with invoking the elements using enochian, it does seem like a sensible place to start. i will probably try it out tonight or tomorrow. JN> Mental state and a lack of "hurriedness" definitely has a lot to do with it's hard for me to 'just sit' without 'doing something'. it's one of the reasons that i pursued CM, rather than yoga. (but then, i ended up 'having' to get into yoga anyway---damn that crowley!) but, after having practiced asana for several months now, i'm curious to see how the scrying goes. JN> it, IMO. Also, you may have other internal cycles that influence it. JN> E.g., most of my visionary work is done in the spring and summer; during JN> fall and winter my abilities in this area are much reduced, and others JN> come to the fore. that's interesting. i'll have to look back over my diaries to see if i notice any particular pattern. thanks again! Love is the law, love under will. -----kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 24 Apr 94 21:11:40 Subject: Re: ENOCHIAN UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi fir! F> In case you didn't know, Modem Magick has messages on the Enochian F> echo going back to October, 1992. You might enjoy reading through thanks, i might just check them out! :) F> Also Sharash wrote a short paper on different options for coloring F> the tablets which is on some of the boards. thanks, yes i've re-read that recently. F> I'm glad to see you've finally decided to dig into Enochian. It will F> be great fun to watch your correspondences here. i'm sure i'll be typing about it all over the place. ;> Love is the law, love under will. -----kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718