From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 19 Apr 94 11:04:00 Subject: Re: enochian/goetic ritu UpdReq Thus said Christeos Pir to Josh Norton concerning Re: enochian/goetic ritu: CP> Now isn't THAT interesting! CP> I have had three different versions of Aemeth: .GIF, .WPG & .MAC. CP> The .GIF has disappeared, the .MAC won't import into any of my CP> programs, and when I tell WordPerfect to print the .WPG the drive CP> light flashes and flashes but nothing prints out -- it'll do it CP> indefinately until I reboot the computer! CP> Do-WEE-oo-oo... Heh heh. I'm not certain I want to ascribe my disk crash to any mysterious enochian force; the disk controller was a second-rate piece of sh*t to begin with, and was bound to fail some time. Teach me not to buy cheap hardware. ... Q-Tip: A piece of advice from a powerful entity. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Tony Iannotti 20 Apr 94 16:44:00 Subject: Re: your board Rec'd UpdReq Thus said Tony Iannotti to Josh Norton concerning Re: your board: -=> As Josh Norton said to Kayla Block on 13 Apr 94 13:49:04 <=- JN> As I mentioned to Matt, turns out the only copy of the Sigil of Ameth JN> I have left is as an embedded EPS in a Pagemaker document. Hope JN> that'll be sufficient for your needs. The Tablets and such I still JN> have in the right formats. TI> Are this and the other things we have spoken about TI> available on Star in the Circle? Still collecting, and all TI> that. 93! Honest, Tony! You're at the top of my list. Just need to get over my Sagittarian procrastinatory tendencies long enough to mail it out. It's all sitting in a special directory on my hard disk, just waiting to be copied to floppies. Star in the Circle doesn't have ANY file areas right now -- they're swapping in new equipment on a very erratic schedule, and want to keep potential problems to a minimum until it's all done. ... White Elephants -- the perfect gift for every member of the family. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 20 Apr 94 16:42:02 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Kayla Block to Josh Norton concerning Enochian 101: KB> hi josh! Hi! JN> see where they might contribute something would be in evocations to JN> visible appearance. KB> LOL, i was just kidding about starting with evocations, KB> actually. my inclination has been to start out with KB> scrying an aethyr or 2, and seeing how that goes. Seems like almost everybody wants to start with the Aethyrs -- must be the Crowley influence. JN> were really intended for use with the Heptarchic angels, who are not KB> i'm not sure if i have heard anything about the heptarchic angels, (or KB> if i have, i've forgotten). can you tell me a wee bit about KB> them? It came in a part of Dee & Kelly's workings that preceded the receipt of the Calls. They received a list of angelic names all starting with the letter "B", consisting of a total of 49 angels. Supposedly these each represent one planet as a major influence, with a secondary influence of another planet. Thus one angel will represent Sun of Sun, another Luna of Sun, Mercury of Sun, etc. Two angels from each group of seven have the rank of "King" and "Prince". These also form a separate hierarchy, which includes one of the Names from the sigil of Ameth, and they each have under them 49 "ministers" whose names are derived from some 7x7 tablets given separately. (The letters around the edges of Dee's "Holy Table" are the names of some of these lesser ministers.) Anyway, the invocation of these angels is a complex system, involving some necessary props (such as the holy table) and the use of the system of "planetary hours" as in the Key of Solomon. I can testify from experience that they are _very_ difficult to invoke. With my usual informal methods, I've never been able to get more than a general sense of their power -- not enough of it to do a useful scrying. I've done somewhat better with a simplified Temple they told me I could use, but they seem to require a very formal, ceremonial approach for good results. KB> so, are you saying that starting with invoking the elements KB> would be the best place to start? Yeah. Keeping in mind that the enochian manifestation of the elements is not quite the same as the sort you'd get using the Tattvas or the Hebrew Names. JN> Once you've got that down, take it where you will. I like scrying JN> myself, but that's my talent. What sort of thing do you do well? KB> i have had mixed results with scrying. i think that i've tended to KB> have poor results with scrying, but the times when i have had good KB> results with it, it's been awesome. (rarely seems to be KB> anything in between, actually). i think that my 'failures' KB> with scrying have had to do with not being able to put KB> myself in the right mode of conciousness, often from KB> feeling a sense of impatience. when i can just relax, and KB> allow myself to just gaze at whatever i'm using, and not KB> 'trying' too had, or worrying about whether it's going to KB> work, is when i think it tends to go really well. now KB> that i've been practicing some yoga, i suspect that i might KB> be able to get some more consistent results, but i haven't KB> actually tested out that theory yet. :) Mental state and a lack of "hurriedness" definitely has a lot to do with it, IMO. Also, you may have other internal cycles that influence it. E.g., most of my visionary work is done in the spring and summer; during fall and winter my abilities in this area are much reduced, and others come to the fore. ... Tag -- you're it! ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 21 Apr 94 21:49:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> don't bother with all the little pyramids. They're really just a JN> reference for the astral-vision system, and a whole tablet of them, to JN> my mind at least, looks busy and cluttered. Never felt like it added yes, it always looked too busy to me, as well. glad to hear that there isn't a particular reason why i _should_ use them. eventually, i would like to make some 3-D pyramid 'tablets', but for now, 2-D sans pyramids, seems the most utilitarian and aesthetically pleasing. :) JN> Fir and I talked about options for coloring the Tablets here a while ago damn, i think i missed the thread. i have read sharach's paper on coloring styles, though. JN> You could separate out the "Black Cross" form from the rest of the JN> Tablets in the Great Table. that sounds a bit, uh, 'bulky'. maybe i'll just stick to the 'tablet of union', though i must admit that something about it bothers me. JN> These were actually part of Dee's work, and do add something to the yeah, actually, right after i posted that, i was looking over one of my dee books, and noticed that he had used some sigils that looked virtually the same as the GD ones. JN> As far as I can tell, Dee never thought about coloring the Tablets, so JN> there's nothing "authoritative" to go by. Go with what seems the most JN> dramatic to your eyes. i thought that dee did say something about air = red, water = green, etc.? was this in reference to something other than how to color the tablets? (even if it was in reference to the tablets, i think that i would tend to have a problem with it anyway, since my associational process so automatically says, 'red = fire', rather than 'red = air'). except for needing to do some sort of tablet of union, and paint one more sigil, my tablets are finished. (yippee!) but now that i've been re-looking over the various stuff that i have on enochian, i've been feeling more than a bit overwhelmed with it all. i think i'm starting to feel insecure with it again. :( in your opinion, how thoroughly familiar with the system do you think that one needs to be in order to jump in? i figure that the best way for me to learn is 'by doing', but part of me thinks that i should have a better conceptualization of the underlying system before actually starting to work within it. but, then i also tend to think i'll never learn it if i don't just do it. TTYL! Love is the law, love under will. -----kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 23 Apr 94 09:16:04 Subject: Re: your board Sent UpdReq JN> Honest, Tony! You're at the top of my list. Just need to get over my JN> Sagittarian procrastinatory tendencies long enough to mail it out. It's JN> all sitting in a special directory on my hard disk, just waiting to be JN> copied to floppies. No problem! Just always sure that everyone has forgotten about me.... ;-) JN> Star in the Circle doesn't have ANY file areas right now -- they're JN> swapping in new equipment on a very erratic schedule, and want to keep JN> potential problems to a minimum until it's all done. Smart. I am never that disciplined. Thus my rep with Grendel as "the most down board in FidoNet" ;-) Given rapspeak, I guess that's good! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718