From: Fra:. Michael 111 Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 3 Apr 94 08:56:22 Subject: RE: Liber Gradus UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law Greetings Fir...! Thanks again for the information on "Liber Gradus", I will be picking up a copy from them real soon! Fra:. Michael 111 Love is the Law, Love under Will 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Solaris 4 Apr 94 09:47:06 Subject: Re: enochian/goetic ritu UpdReq Thus said Solaris to Josh Norton concerning Re: enochian/goetic ritua: JN> If either you or Fra. Michael -- or anyone else -- is interested, I've JN> got CorelDraw versions of the Tablets (and the Sigil of Ameth) here, JN> which can be converted to PostScript in an instant. They're not JN> colored, though, as my laser printer only does black, white, and JN> grays. I've also got a copy of the Calls in Pagemaker format, with the JN> Tablets or appropriate Lesser Angle shown on the opposing page. So> I would very much appreciate your making this available to me. I am So> looking into certain subjects and any information would be very So> helpful. how may I obtain this from you? Send me your address via net-mail and I'll add your name to the list. Also say whether 5" or 3" IBM disk format would be preferable. So> ... A steamroller is the sincerest form of flattery. So> -!- Blue Wave/Max v2.12 [NR] So> ! Origin: The Wheel (93:9008/0) (666:5/0) (60:713/1) (1:106/88) ... Radical new thought among Republicans: Women just may be humans. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: The Cegorach 4 Apr 94 15:14:10 Subject: Enochian UpdReq Thus said The Cegorach to Josh Norton concerning Enochian: TC> In regards to the general consensus re: study of Enochiana, and your TC> specific advice to me earlier, I have a question of "degree", if you TC> will. TC> That is, while Enochian is something I'm quite looking forward to TC> studying/ using in the future, I do generally agree with the admonition TC> to wait until one is firmly grounded in a variety of other things TC> first. After all, the Golden Dawn proper didn't even do Enochian work, TC> correct? They weren't even exposed to it (except briefly in the TC> Initiations) until the 2nd order, if I recall correctly. That's right. Particularly, they wanted the student to have a good grounding the the cabala, and a fair amount of practice doing astral visions with non-enochian symbols, such as the Tattvas, Tarot cards, etc., before working with it. TC> Since there is no TC> Archangelic name for Da'ath/Visuddhi, he gives an Enochian name--which TC> is, by the way, the name given in The Vision and the Voice as the names TC> for the Rulers (or Governors?) of the 10th Aethyr, i.e., the names from TC> the Tablet of Union with an 'L' tacked on at the beginning. I seem to TC> recall them being split slightly differently, but I digress. You mean LEXARPH, COMANAN, TABITOM, I assume? Did he use all three? TC> [text sacrificed to the Gods of Bandwidth] TC> (Fishing for a rant)--do you (or anyone else, for that matter) think TC> it's "better" to "stick with the program", or "avoid Enochian"? That TC> is, I'm endeavouring to stick to the schedule/program established by TC> Kraig. I've no wish to embark upon "full-fledged" Enochian work--i.e., TC> scrying the Aethyrs, etc., and yet this doesn't seem like TC> "full-fledged" Enochian work. OTOH, there's certainly a good deal of TC> the eagerness to "do" Enochian in there, and I'm not sure how much of TC> that is influencing the notion that "a little vibration doesn't count". Hmmmm. First, I don't think you are likely to do any damage using those particular names in a middle pillar exercise. The power in the names themselves is really rather generic -- or do I mean "general"? -- and not particularly qliphotic or Da'ath-like. Charging your throat chakra with their power won't hurt. Personally, I'd be inclined to split the chakra practice from the pillar practice. Use the traditional Hindu seed-sounds and visualizations for stimulating the chakras. Instead of a pillar exercise, do a full-bodied "building the Tree in the aura", using all the sephiroth and dropping Da'ath all together. But YMMV. As for the exact nature of those names, and the Aethyr ZAX: The three names are really NOT "governors" or rulers of the Aethyr. In Dee's _Liber_Scientiae_, they, and the rest of the 91 names, are titled "The Parts of the Earth as Imposed by God". In other words, they are _regions_ or _territories_, not beings of any sort. Each of these regions is itself governed by one of twelve "Zodiacal Kings", acting through a varying number of unnamed ministers. In the case of the three regions in ZAX, the Kings are ZINGGEN, ALPUDUS, and ZARZILG, connected (through the Tribes of Israel) with Capricorn, Cancer, and Virgo. Thus, using them as god-names for Da'ath is a questionable procedure at best. The association of the Aethyr ZAX with the Abyss is entirely Crowley's work. At some time in his career, he decided that the Aethyrs could be connected with the Sephiroth of the Tree of Life, by the simple expedient of collecting them into groups of three. Thus, the first three Aethrs would associate with Kether, the next three with Chokmah, the next three with Binah, etc. ZAX being the 10th Aethyr it would be associated with the highest aspect of Chesed, which Crowley decided was the experience of the Babe of the Abyss. Outside of Crowley, I can find no justification for this connection of the Aethyrs and Sephiroth. Robert Turner points out that Dee's work leads to the conclusion that the Aethyrs are all "sub-lunar" territories, in the Aristotelian cosmology of Spheres. In this view, all of the Aethyrs would be aspects of Malkuth, and any connection with the Abyss would be false. My own incomplete work indicates their scope is somewhat more extensive than that, but doesn't show any connection at all between the Aethyrs and the Sephiroth. I suspect that Crowley's experience of the Abyss in ZAX is, like so much else in Enochian magick, the result of his expectations and not of anything intrinsicly connected with the Aethyrs. ... Greetings from Trala, La. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718