From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 13 Feb 94 13:01:00 Subject: Hello UpdReq Fi> I wish that if someone in the U.S. would go to the trouble Fi> of obtaining that stuff, that they would share copies with the rest Fi> of us who are interested in it over here. CP> Well, as far as that kind of distribution, I have no idea what the CP> copyright problems might be. If I had copies of the stuff, I'd certainly make copies available to my friends. It's all in old Latin though, isn't it? I had heard that Julia's ex, Rufus, spent a couple of years learning old Latin. A manager at my last contract job took a delight in collecting old books of any sort and he said he took a book written in old Latin to the Catholic church to get it translated and that they didn't have anybody who could do it. He says that the ability to do that is dying out there. His next step was going to be to take it to the language dept. at the University. Fi> Did you make it through the whole book - A True and Faithful Relation? CP> Skimmed most of it, read and re-read some parts. There's some really CP> interesting stuff mixed in with some really nothing stuff, CP> from my p.o.v. I barely started reading it word for word. I did notice that immediately after that certain 'issues' started coming up. It's a book I'd like to eventually get through, but there are other books I'd rather read right now. Fi> Someone recently suggested to me that when Mathers was writing the Fi> GD Second Order curriculum that his primary influence (what he was Fi> working with?) were John Dee and the Enochian magick and the Fi> Abra-Melin stuff. CP> Hmm... I'm no expert in that area, but it's my understanding that the CP> Enochian played a major part. Other than the fact that it was CP> translated and made available by Mathers, I haven't heard anything CP> about the Abramelin being linked to the actual GD curriculum. CP> Likewise the Goetic material. Second order. Adeptus Minor and above. Maybe I'll throw the subject out in the GD echo. As I understand it, once they reach the second order, they then might branch out and specialize in an area like Enochian or Solomonic Magick. B.B. Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718