From: Larry Starch Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 25 Aug 93 16:13:00 Subject: Enochian, cabala overlay UpdReq Two things, no three. First Greetings, good to be polite. Second, I think that the Enochian magicks are related to not just the QBL but to all magicks. To me it seems that (the G.D.s)Enochian Magick is like a colmination of most other "high" magicks. The relation Is somewhat clear to me seeing that the Language used has similarities to old sanskrit, although it came from many years before. The ideas of letters having such power is commen to QBL and Enochian MAgick. Another thing is the name, Enochian, The language of Enoch. Enoch was a character from the Old Testament, the first "To call the Laod by Name". From there I gather that He knew of this language and therefore did others. Maybe the Enochian Magicks were before the QBL. In The Sacred Magic of Abra-melin the Mage there is another similarity. The use of squares of letters. At first look I thought the book was on Enochiam Magick, then upon reading I found he was teaching his second son a form of Practical Qabalism. To me this appears to mean that they are connected in some way. Magick is all the same. Crowley tried to search all beliefs for "the kernal of truth that lies within" That kernal of truth seems to be the same in most beliefs systems. They are all the same basically. Best to study all, strip away the cultural differences and find what is true. And the third thing I wanted to say was... Ok I forget maybe next time. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718