From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: ENOCHIAN To: Lt. Commander Roxy 2 Aug 93 15:26:50 Subject: The Ad-Hocian Workbook UpdReq Naive waif that I was, I too was taken in by the Scheulers only to later learn that they were simply rehashing old material and what little of it was original bordered on being pathetically silly. Sorry if I take the wind out of your sails on this this but as far as I am concerned the only stuff worth reading on the subject of Dee's system, aside from the creator, are the books "The Enochian Evocation of John Dee" by Geoffrey James (1989, Heptangle Press) and "Elizabethan Magic" by Robert Turner. Why settle for the magical equivalent of Taco Bell? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Mark O. Garrison 4 Aug 93 15:27:28 Subject: RE: MISC ENOCHIANA UpdReq -=> Mark O. Garrison sent a message to Christeos Pir on Mon 2 Aug 93 10:42 <=- -=> Re: RE: MISC ENOCHIANA <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. MOG> Yes, I did see his idea of words having MOG> numerations...I thought it was an innovative idea that truly deserves MOG> some looking into (as if I have really have the time at this moment!). Heard that! MOG> I think it very well might be a possibility...do you know if anyone MOG> has produced an Enochian Concordance that has each word in Enochian MOG> and it number of appearances/occurances in the Clavicles? Not to my knowledge. But what would that prove? (scratching head) MOG> By the way, some good possibilities of texts that might be of [...] Sure, it would be interesting to see if there's anything to the "decoder ring" theories, but I don't see that as putting us any closer to a true Enochian Gematria, except and unless one could "prove" (whatever that means) that the whole thing is a hoax. While it's a truism that one can justify _any_ system if one plays around with it long enough (thanks, Thomas), the success of the Jewish Qabalists, and of the western post-midieval qabalists like the GD and their descendants (just look at Liber AL, fercryinoutloud) makes one think that there must be _something_ to it. So, what makes Hebrew so special, if it is? (The Greek I gather is basically a derivation of the Hebrew, no? Thought: in that case, I wonder what one would find by investigating a Slavic gematria, since Cyrillic is a derivation of the Greek?) And if it's not just a special case, why don't we have a truly satisfying gematria for other languages. (Another thought: I wonder what other languages might also be using letters as numbers.) MOG> Phanes Press is planning, by popular demand, to publish a MOG> version of THE FIVE BOOKS OF MYSTICAL EXERCISES OF JOHN DEE in modern Sounds good. I can see I need to get on their mailing list! Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Mark O. Garrison 4 Aug 93 18:30:40 Subject: RE: MISC ENOCHIANA UpdReq Hi, Mark- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. MOG> possibility...do you know if anyone has produced an MOG> Enochian Concordance that has each word in Enochian MOG> and it number of appearances/occurances in the MOG> Clavicles? I did something like that around July of last year, to be found in a file called entool10.zip. It's got some Enochian gematria and name-extraction tools in C source, the executables, and a big text file with tables of some of the results. If Grendel doesn't have it, it's available on my BBS (see origin line) or I could blast it to slopoke. I used Geoffrey James' reconstructed Calls, which would give some purists heartburn, but as I studied his corrections, I found very little to disagree with. I used the Keys and Aethyrs because they really are of a piece; the Aethyrs are part of the 19th Key, one at a time. The letter and word frequencies: (from ENTOOL10.ZIP, file ENOCH.GEM) The tables below were obtained as follows: 1) The Geoffrey James corrected Keys were typed in, upper cased, and English letters 'Y' and 'U' converted into 'I' and 'V' respectively, consistent with the Enochian alphabet and the Enochian dictionary compiled by I. Regardie. 2) The file was 'cat'-ed through 'tr' to get one word per line, then piped through 'sort' and 'uniq' to eliminate duplicate words. The Aethyr names were added to the resulting file. 4) The resulting wordlist (666 words) was then fed into a gematria calculation program, using character value tables from the Enochian Coloring Book printout, which are those available in Schueler's Blue Book. 5) The three resulting tables were again sorted, this time into gematria order, and pasted together, along with a character frequency table from another analysis program, a word frequency analysis of the original keys, the character value table, and the keys themselves. NOTE: The source data from which the gematria tables were calculated is as accurate as several quick proofreadings could provide, but is not guaranteed to be accurate beyond reasonable expectation, and undoubtedly contains at least one error. Caveat Magus! =================================================================== CHARACTER FREQUENCY [Keys and Aethyrs] =================================================================== A - 544 B - 117 C - 122 D - 120 E - 100 F - 36 G - 106 H - 97 I - 360 J - 0 K - 0 L - 225 M - 151 N - 187 O - 369 P - 135 Q - 22 R - 210 S - 153 T - 106 U - 0 V - 107 W - 0 X - 35 Y - 0 Z - 97 =================================================================== WORD FREQUENCY [Keys and Aethyrs] > 1 =================================================================== 105: OD 35: DS 29: CHIS 23: TA 15: SOBA 14: ZAMRAN ZACAR 13: MAD 12: I 11: QAA ODO LAP 10: L IAIDA CICLE BAGLE 9: ZORGE ZIRDO NOCO 8: HOATH 7: OHIO IAD CAOSGO 6: NIISO AAI 5: VIV OM MICMA ILS COCASB CASARMG CAOSGI CA BRIN 4: VPAAH TORZV TILB SALMAN OL MICAOLZ D CORS AR 3: ZIR ZCHIS VGEG TOL TELOCH SONF SOBAM Q OTHIL OIAD MIRC MIAM IVMD IALPRT HOLQ HAMI GOHO F ENAI DIV CHRISTEOS CAOSG BLIOR BALTOH BALT ALDON AG ABRAMG 2: VONPHO VONPH VNAL TRIAN TOX TOLTORN TIOBL THIL TABAORI T SAANIR RIT QVIIN PLAPLI PERIPSOL OS ORSBA OOAONA OECRIMI O NOR NONCF NOAN NIIS NAZ MICAOLI MATB MALPRG MADRID LONSHI LONDOH LIL IP IAOD IALPRG HVBARO GOHVS GOHOL GNAI FAFEN ELZAP EFAFAFE DRILPA DOOAIN DLVGAR DAZIZ CRIP CORMP CORDZIZ CORAXO CLA CHIRLAN CASARMAN CASARM CAPIMAO BVSDIR BVSD BLIORS BABAGE AVAVAGO AAIOM Not particularly useful, but there it is. };-] MOG> Perhaps another idea for the numeration of the MOG> letters might come from the number of appearances of MOG> that letter in the Four Elemental Tablets. The first, or the Recensa? Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718