From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Chen 3 Aug 92 11:44:56 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq 93, Chen! C> Funny to see someone asking about Schueler's involvement with The C> Enochian Tarot...Actually he had quite alot to do with the cards-- Well, now I'm _truly_ schocked! };-] C> herself... ANYWAY, Gerry gave me descriptions of the cards with stick C> figure drawings-- I chewed on chalk dust and translated into something C> that I hope has some life. In the meantime, I got so irritated by the C> Air cards, that the element really kind of suffered. By Earth I was C> getting down-right DEMONIC!!!! It's all pretty funny to look back on Fascinating .... I'd twigged that there was an unusual level of tension behind some of those images, but I'd never have guessed why. Did you find it necessary to seek Magickal inspiration (ritual or otherwise) to flesh out the cards. C> now. As for Llewellyn publications-- THAT'S no laughing matter... I'd heard that there was some difficulty with payment due... C> The new Voodoo Tarot is a whole other matter-- check it out. I'm C> rather pleased with the work--artistic and scholarly...Run right out C> and buy 93 copies-- Where can I get some? Nachash said it would be available soon, but... 93 93/93 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chen Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 3 Aug 92 14:16:14 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq oops... just blew up our roomate's computer. Let me try this again... As for ritual inspiration... I did ritual throughout, before, and ever since working on the deck. When I first walked into an Enochian temple I found myslef on my knees, taking oaths to angels. The experience was... well.. awesome. Somewhere in the process of dealings with Llewelyn (screaming at me that I should be doing this "for the love of the project" (as opposed to the PITTANCE they were contracted to pay me!)") and Mrs. Scheuler's tooth, I realsized that I really was doing it for the love of the project, and in service to Spirit. Demonic as in Daimon... check out Demons of Earth... and then it was DONE! The Voodoo Tarot was done with rituals to each Loa throughout the work on the deck. Louis and I would go into the temple with a tape recorder, offerings, cornmeal, and drums. The visions I received are what you see in the deck. The words are explanations thereof. All in all, a much purer experience, and total privilege to be part of it. Also, Destiny/Inner Traditions was pretty cool throughout. You should be able to find the set in better stores everywhere-- which is to say that I'm not entirely sure WHERE it's for sale. If you're having trouble finding it, let me know and I'll ask the publisher. By the by-- I'm having a show of the original pastels here in New Orleans on September 5th, with characteristic rituals at the opening and closing of the reception that night. If you can't make it, grab a drum and drum with us, from 6p.m. to 9p.m. Love/Will Chen 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Chen 3 Aug 92 21:52:32 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq Cara Soror, Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. C> again... As for ritual inspiration... I did ritual throughout, C> before, and ever since working on the deck. When I first walked into C> an Enochian temple I found myself on my knees, taking oaths to angels. I am suspecting that the Work extended over some considerable time, which probably means that you've worked and experienced more of the Enochian world - pardon the expression - than most of us, and with more tangible results. Vitriol recently suggested that the Major Arcana might themselves serve as Keys to the Aethyrial regions they reference. If this were true for anyone, I should think that it would be for you. May I ask if you've found this to be the case, or if the 19th Call remains the Key of choice (perhaps with a visual assist)? C> The experience was... well.. awesome. Couldn't have said it better myself... C> Spirit. Demonic as in Daimon... check out Demons of Earth... and then Hmmm...I see what you mean. Many of the Earth cards have Dark overtones, even where totally unexpected, for example the Ruling Angels. That one, for reasons not entirely clear, gives me the righteous willies. So also the Archangels of Fire, and some others. Open invitations to seek the Depths... C> it was DONE! The Voodoo Tarot was done with rituals to each Loa C> throughout the work on the deck. Louis and I would go into the temple C> with a tape recorder, offerings, cornmeal, and drums. The visions I C> received are what you see in the deck. The words are explanations Too totally cool. Would you say that the Loa cooperated in this venture, or perhaps took advantage of your talents to speak to a wider audience? What I've been able to discern merely from reading suggests that direct and intimate contact with nearly any of Them is likely to be a powerful if not overwhelming experience. C> everywhere-- which is to say that I'm not entirely sure WHERE it's for C> sale. If you're having trouble finding it, let me know and I'll ask I'll try several of the well-connected local suppliers, and failing that, I'll write Inner Traditions up in Vermont. Failing THAT, you'll be hearing from me again. };-] C> the publisher. By the by-- I'm having a show of the original pastels C> here in New Orleans on September 5th, with characteristic rituals at C> the opening and closing of the reception that night. If you can't C> make it, grab a drum and drum with us, from 6p.m. to 9p.m. There could hardly be a more propitious locale for such a show. You may be sure that I'll be there in Spirit, if not in body; there's only a slim chance I'll be able to break away from commitments here before October. Love is the law, love under will. Azoth ... Love all, lest perchance is a King concealed! [AL II.59] 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chen Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 4 Aug 92 16:56:20 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq O.k....soon I'll figure out how to do the way cool qoute mode on this thing... I don't actually use the cards in lieu of the Enochian Calls. I did try to keep the images on the cards simple and powerful so that they would enhance a person's entry into the Aehyres without restricting their experiences there a kind of direct registration of image without analysis or interpretation. But the calls I love, and find most effective in gaining admittance to other states. Lately I've been using what I call "Enochian Voodoo"--actually started as a joke (You know, Enochian physics, Enochian Yoga, Enochian Cookbook, etc., etc.),but it seems to WORK! AND it's a whole lot of fun. And the green and puce Nochie guys seem to like it as well. A merging of the Enochian system with the methods of Voodoo. Cornmeal ve-ve's of the squares; drum beats for spirit to walk across; and dancing girls for horses; The angels and elementals I treat as Loas. I find it's a much more soulful approach, and a feeling that we are giving to the soul of the world even as it gives to us. I have difficulty dealing with modern Enochian scholars who seem so caught up in over-impressing each other with their exactitude. Yes, the experience of the Loa can be overwhelming, but I think it takes great courage to face the world with soul. We have a tendency to distance ourselves from love through intellectualism-- there's no place for this in such intensive work of the soul. Oddly enough (to get back to the Calls...)-- I learned everything I know about vibrating the calls from Diamanda Galas!-- and SHE says that she has to acheive a state of Voudon possession before she can go on stage and lift her voice. I think the use of the voice in the Calls connects the individual soul with the soul of the world. Robert Sardello says in FACING THE WORLD WITH SOUL (I'll learn how to underline soon, too...), "The singing of the soul was known as the music of the spheres." Beautiful! He goes on to say,"Sound was space...To be filled with pure sound was to be held in the world soul...developing soul through daily learning to speak the things of the world through gradually amplifying those resonances." I find that opening up my voice in the Calls opens me up to the sence of the magnificent voice of the Aethyrs. As for the Voodoo Tarot-- yes, it WAS all too way cool. Most beautiful. I do hope that the cards reflect the intensity of the expression of the Loa and bear their signature. All was done in a state of possession. It was terrifying and lovely. I hope, too, that meditation upon them can bring others to this experience of-- grace. Indeed,I do feel that the cards and book ( and ve-ve's in the book, by the by) were executed by the Loa. It has only been whenever Lu or I try to insert our little egoes that things have gotten unpleasant. And now that OUR work is done, we will see what the Loa do with their porfolio...All was an active experience of humes in the role of intermediary between Gods and Earth. LOVE/WILL Chen P.S. Don't forget to feed the family Loas. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718