From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Vitriol 11 Jul 92 14:26:00 Subject: Libri UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. V > I heartily thank you for the books. Konx om Pax (I thought the cover V > had that sigilistic-looking title on it?) has been on my get-it-when V > you-find-it list for a while, and the James is everything you said, The issue which replaced that one in my library is the one from Teitan, which does indeed have the gnarly title all over the front cover, white on black; marvelous. Word is, AC designed the script in a hashish-ed frame of mind. All the Teitan books are gorgeous, but KOP is especially fine, moreso as it's always been one of my favorites; _Wake_World_ is by itself worth the price of admission. That little one ought to hold you until the other wanders into your sphere of influence.... V > the James is everything you said, All this and more, Howie.... Though I've already got a handful of Enochian dictionaries, distributed throughout ESM, the Schueler books, etc., the 'corrected' Calls in James have yet to be applied to that purpose; I'll be posting a brief lexicon shortly which is based on his work. Some words which have been around a while, seem to have been purely the result of Kelly's (or Dee's) transcription errors... V > At any rate, my gratitude (I know, you're just doing your will, but V > mine is to send these thanks) and check are being sent in return. Acknowledged. V > Speaking of books, don't know if you'd be interested, but I ran V > across this is the forsale109 echo: V > Subj: Story of O, Part 2, illus Hehe. My little collection of erotica went away a long time ago, and somehow I haven't had the motivation to carry it on. Seems to me I read _Story_of_O_ in an Evergreen Press edition years ago, before I was even out of my teens. Whew, that _does_ take me back.... Love is the Law, love under will. ___ X BABBLE v1.0 X All words are sacred and all prophets true... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Vitriol 11 Jul 92 18:19:02 Subject: V&V UpdReq 93, Dude! V > If you need it, there's an annotated copy of "The Vision and The V > Voice" (Liber CCCCXVIII) on Cathouse. I've also got a version V > formatted for WordPerfect 5.0. If you'd care to post it, and if it converts, footnotes and all, into Word on my Mac, I'll take a crack at lasering it, for Xeroxing double-sided, to facilitate study.... 93 93/93 ___ X BABBLE v1.0 X Fnords: fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 11 Jul 92 20:15:04 Subject: APep T-Abyss-mal UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> I'd like to meet someone who used both the traditional Tree and Achad's JN> Tree. It seems to me that they are not necessarily in conflict with each JN> other; they just select different points as significant. But once I got JN> interested in Achad's, I never felt any need to go back and work on the JN> traditional Tree. Now, that does open up some interesting possibilities. If the two Trees are not, after all, mutually exclusive, then we may have a Qabalistic equivalent to the non-Euclidean explorations resulting from a revision of the parallel postulate. The obvious question then becomes, what exactly WAS the prime postulate which Achad identified as malleable, which lead in turn to his redefinition of Paths? And (skating on very thin ice here as the analogy is stretched beyond sensible limits) in what OTHER way(s) might that prime postulate be formed, so as to suggest even further, and perhaps again quite different, recasting of the Paths? My overall lack of familiarity with Achad's work doesn't permit me much more than what may be baseless speculation at this point, but I've taken steps to correct this situation, and in future weeks may have a better idea what he was about. In the mean time, would you like to comment on the possibility that I'm barking up the wrong.....no, I won't say it. A> I would suggest that you not overlook the A> possibility that that 'technical difficulty' involved in projecting into A> the Supernals is precisely what is enshrined in Daath and the notion of ... A> apparently to an as yet sparsely explored 'gateway' mechanism giving A> access to what has been interpreted as the backside of the Tree, and JN> I am NOT going to get into arguments about darkside magick! For the last JN> year and a half, some damn current has been trying to focus on me and JN> make me into an "official" opponent of darkside and chaos magick. Aside Hey, it wasn't me, honest! JN> The ideas about the non-existence of the abyss were proposed as part of ..JN> It seems to me that the problems with getting to the Supernals are more JN> a matter of the habitual grip the "essence" keeps on its solar vehicle. JN> Habits are hard to break, especially when they have been in place for JN> aeons. Once it re-learns how to release its grip, the problems go away. Can't/won't argue with that; but if you had to give that fact a label, wouldn't it sound a lot like Daath? JN> Let me ask you: In your view, does Da'ath have some sort of "real" JN> existence, is it an hallucination, or is it merely a symbolic JN> convenience? Your mention of the "gateway" idea would imply that you JN> think it's real. Hehe. It's certainly as real as anything else I've experienced in Working on and around the Tree, including a number of experiences which were ALSO clearly hallucinatory, as well as many which were ALSO visionary, in the transcendent or noetic sense. Real in the sense of possessing a more or less well defined phenomenology (e.g., the several kinds of difficulty experienced in projecting into the Supernals, the ego-based discomfort involved in accepting a wider sense of Self inclusive of the Dark Side of the Tree, etc.) does not to my mind necessarily imply more than does a textbook description of any of the more conventional aberrations to which our psyche is subject. Along that line, I would say that 'Daath' is a symbolic convenience of the same sort as 'schizoid' or 'paranoid', carrying much the same implication of abnormality. The question of ontological validity or objective reality doesn't really apply, in spite of the ritual symbol manipulation which derives fairly directly from an ontological model which predicates just that kind objective reality for both Daath and demons. In short, I consider Daath and the Abyss (and a great many other things, for that matter, including Magick and Thelema) as useful, and in a strictly personal sense, essential, _fictions_ which ought certainly to be discarded once I'm _Well_ enough to do so without losing my tenuous grip on the higher Sanity represented by the Great Work. The Reality which is occasionally revealed in dreams, visions and profound states of meditative lucidity has nearly nothing in common with the reality of my human existence, and filters down through layers of symbol and abstraction until the most absurd thoughts are all that are left of the elevated Perception. This may, indeed, relate also to the trail back to Reality which some of the nastier bits in AL III seem to imply. JN> I did some work with Liber CCCXXI years ago, without any knowledge of JN> Grant's conception. I DID get the "tunnel" experience that seems so JN> common there. But for me, it came out as passing through the guts of JN> the Worm. (The Worm being the Qliphotic correspondence of the Serpent of JN> Wisdom.) It seemed perfectly natural that the Serpent also have its JN> qliphotic counterpart, and it never occurred to me that one needed a JN> "gateway" to get to the qliphoth -- it was just another aspect of the JN> substance of existence, not separate from that substance. Hmmmm. Don't know nothin' 'bout Worm guts, but it's probably true that said gateway is more a temporary permutation of that 'substance' than something altogether separate, and is even more a symbolic construct with useful characteristics in ritual. BTW, you're earlier query regarding my statement that the Enochian Keys were both more and less than their descriptions has prompted me to review my Record with an eye toward organizing the several meanings which that perception has had for me in the last couple of years. One of my later entries, however, belies my contention, being in part a quote from Dee's diaries describing the Calls thus: "Every table hath his key, every key openeth his gate, and every gate being opened, giveth knowledge of himself, of the entrance, and the mysteries of those things whereof he is an enclosure." With this and similar I have no disagreement, but I find also in my Record a line of work which was contingent on testing the observations expressed in your paper on the Second Key (surprise!) Thought so, but I wanted to make sure (the hundreds of books, notebooks, disks and miscellaneous media which clutter my workroom sometimes make it hard to locate just that one thing....) I did, in any case, repeat somewhat your work on the GD vs AS usage of the Second Key, using the Air Tablet instead of the Earth, with substantially the same results. I carried on in the same vein, reasoning that there was much that might be considered arbitrary in even the most consistent GD & AS application of the higher Keys. Most of my earliest working was done without either the First or Second Key, in a blind attempt to avoid some of the 'second order tunings' that you described (my phrase). I found that I could, repeatably, obtain effects resembling a kind of resonance when I applied the Third through the Sixth Keys to the Tablets, in the traditional order. So far no surprise, until I began using the Seventh and higher Keys: the resonance effects were not in accord, generally, with what I might have expected from study of the GD and AS material (Concourse and Rebus, respectively.) The effects I was observing tended rather to peak on the Linea, such that the Ninth Key, for example, had its greatest concurrence in the Linea Spritus Sancti of the Air Tablet. Further experimentation, while supportive of the pattern so revealed, did also show a considerable variation of 'resonance' with the mode of vibration and pronunciation of the Calls, so I inclined to view my results as interesting but hardly startling, until I thought to compound the effect for a given tablet by Calling, for example, the Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Keys for the Air Tablet, followed by the Third. The recorded results were a remarkably lucid and joyous Presence of the Sun Senior of that Tablet, like in nature, but wholly unlike in intensity with earlier experiences of Him, who came, it would seem, primarily to express His pleasure that I had done what I did. He was totally evasive, in an amused and friendly sort of way, when I attempted to gain an explanation of exactly _what_ I had done. Needless to say, I on subsequent days repeated the experiment with variations, and for the other Tablets, and with much the same set of results, with the notable exception of the Sun Senior of the Tablet of Earth, who did at last consent to comment on my method, saying at last merely: CONFLUENCE, with a greater wealth of meaning than I can now attempt to do justice, which brought tears to my eyes. A similar, though indescribably different, series of results were obtained by reversing the procedure somewhat for the other Seniors of a Tablet, Calling firstly the Key of the Tablet as a whole, then that pertaining, as earlier determined, to the line containing the name of the Senior to be evoked. In all cases, the common factor in the Workings was the apparent 'emotional' state of the Senior evoked, being relaxed and peacefully intent, in contrast to earlier Workings in the strict GD fashion, which nearly always exhibited a pronounced element of stress, as one might experience when using a noisy long distance connection. Further variations using the First Key to establish the initial tone of the rite, resulted in a noticable increase in the clarity of the resulting visions, but no additional effects. There are a number of experiments yet to be done, using the Second Key with higher in Working the lesser angles, as you implied in your paper ought to logically follow. So much to do, so little time. I'll eventually condense and organize my Workings and submit them to Black Moon, probably after concluding my current experiments with the 19th Key (I've got this nasty idea that this Key ought to work quite well for evoking Qlippotic genii...) All in all, I have come to regard the strictly formalized GD or AS usage of the Keys with some degree of suspicion, there being, IMO, probably very many variations which, in conjunction with the Tablets and Sigils, ought to produce stable and usable results, such as those I've observed when applying the Keys in rites designed to create an n-dimensional Gateway function (remember that scene in _Golden_Child_ when Sardo Numspa communes with his Master? kinda like that....) Love is the Law, love under will. ___ X BABBLE v1.0 X All words are sacred and all prophets true... 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: ENOCHIAN To: Jon B 11 Jul 92 22:49:32 Subject: Re: ENOCHIANA ET AL UpdReq In a message dated 17 Jan 92 22:54:12, Jon B wrote: JB> have you looked through The Enochian Evocation of John Dee by JB> Geoffrey James? He describes how to find the names that govern the JB> different aethers, plus a whole lot more stuff that is twice as JB> useful to know how to do. Howdy and 93 Jon! Is this book still in print? if so by whom and when? I have heard you mention this book several times and have sparked my interest in Enochian again. Do you where I can get one? Thanks in advance :) Love is the Law. Gerald ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Gerald Del Campo Area: ENOCHIAN To: Tony Iannotti 11 Jul 92 22:56:32 Subject: Re: Jewelry Offer Rec'd UpdReq In a message dated 30 Apr 92 09:05:48, Tony Iannotti wrote: TI> I also like your idea of clay or maybe ceramic. I like TI> brass,despite not being traditional. (And I've been the Dee-version TI> stickler here....) Gosh. You know, if it were professionally engraved it would look beautiful...and would certainly outlast ceramic. If you are a HARDCORE purist, you could get a pair of electrum magicum Tibetan symbals, melt them, and recast a smooth, blank one that you could have profersionally engraved. If you can afford to follow this suggestion...let me know what happened. In theory it works well in my head @:-) Love is the Law. Elvis ... RPSTOVAL Oasis: Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718