From: Darrin Hyrup Area: ENOCHIAN To: Tony Iannotti 26 Mar 92 03:56:42 Subject: Re: Theory of Enochian Rec'd UpdReq In a message dated 24 Mar 92 09:55:39, Tony Iannotti wrote: DH> Or maybe it "works" because everyone says it does, and that influences DH> our success rate due to subconscious suggestion? :) TI> This is a thought that I have shared at many times. Other times, I think TI> that the symbols and sounds themselves are simply more able to elicit TI> subconscious reponses, though why, again, I do not know. That could be. However, I don't see all that much difference between the style of the symbols of Enochian and that of other medieval grimoires. Nor do the sounds of Enochian differ all THAT much from sloppy Hebrew (with a bit of latin and other barberous tongues thrown in.) Perhaps its the combination of both that does it? :) 93, Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Almost 27 Mar 92 07:17:02 Subject: Evoking Rec'd UpdReq FA> I never, NEVER treat them with contempt! They (the FA> entities) should always be treated firmly but FA> courteously and given just enough energy to reward FA> them and that is all.... No more and no less. Thanks for the tip! I will keep this in mind. (Yo, Pan!) FA> Oh! And as you ToS folks say, Xeper! :) And a Xeper/93 to you, too! Lady Byron :)= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Tony Iannotti Area: ENOCHIAN To: Darrin Hyrup 29 Mar 92 12:04:10 Subject: Re: Theory of Enochian Sent UpdReq -=In a missive of Thu 26 Mar 92 03:56, Darrin Hyrup said to Tony Iannotti=- (regarding Re: Theory of Enochian) DH> In a message dated 24 Mar 92 09:55:39, Tony Iannotti wrote: DH> Or maybe it "works" because everyone says it does, and that influences DH> our success rate due to subconscious suggestion? :) TI> This is a thought that I have shared at many times. Other times, I think TI> that the symbols and sounds themselves are simply more able to elicit TI> subconscious reponses, though why, again, I do not know. DH> That could be. However, I don't see all that much difference between DH> the style of the symbols of Enochian and that of other medieval DH> grimoires. Nor do the sounds of Enochian differ all THAT much from DH> sloppy Hebrew (with a bit of latin and other barberous tongues thrown DH> in.) Perhaps its the combination of both that does it? :) I see the Enochian characters as being quite different from any of the other medieval scripts, though the sigils and impedimenta are seemingly products of their time. The language is, to me, quite beautiful, and not at all like sloppy anything (though I've had a few late-night sloppy Enochians....) I also don't think of it as barbarous at all, since it actually makes lexical sense. (You know the origin of the word barbarian?) ... Quit the Darkness and Seek the Light 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Frater Almost Area: ENOCHIAN To: Lady Byron 29 Mar 92 15:19:38 Subject: Evoking Sent UpdReq I think that I am starting to like a lot of you ToS folks! Perchance I should write Dr. Aquino, no? :) Pax. 93 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Lady Byron 29 Mar 92 17:22:26 Subject: Meditations and Preparations UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. LB> ... physical manifestation was possible (and even probable) LB> with Enochian technique, and that I should learn banishing rituals In my experience, by far the greater number of evoked and evocable entities are purely alien aspects of oneself, snatched screaming from hitherto hidden recesses of one's own dark psyche { he exagerates slightly, pausing for effect, archly stroking his beard...} Hrrrmmm, yes, I think so, and any damage sustained in facing oneself is well deserved, permanent and required. Too bloody right. HOWEVER, "Not only can the disembodied spirit of dead or sleeping people impersonate spirits and work evil by such means, but - which is infinitely more dangerous - extracosmic entities can masquerade as spirits and, if they are not banished before they can gain a foothold in the conciousness of he who invoked them, obsession follows." _The_Magical_Revival_ (Chapter 6) - Kenneth Grant Know WHAT you're doing, know WHO you're doing, and change the sheets when you're done. Failure to adhere to sensible banishing and earthing practice is, in much Enochian working, as educational as jamming one's fingers into an exposed light socket. BTW, in response to your earlier query, of all the Enochian sources known to me, the _ENOCHIAN_EVOCATION_ by Geoffrey James has been the most generally useful. The grammatical corrections he suggests for the Keys are well considered, and their presentation is appropriate for close study. He also includes other material from Dee's diaries, which is only readily available elsewhere in Casaubon's tome, and both the earlier Great Table and the Tabula Recensa. If you use the latter, however, you'll need to retrofit the angelic names yourself, as those presented are derived from the earlier version (or you could crib from the _Mysteria_ Magica_ of Denning/Phillips, where this has already been done). NONE of the books in my library contain all the nit-picking details I find necessary and/or useful. ALL of them contain something of value, however, and my own workbooks are thereby enriched. Unsolicited advice (and it's worth what you pay for it): LEARN the letters, LEARN the Keys, and LEARN the tablets. This small feat of memorization will repay the effort in ways which will surprise you. The purely mechanical details of churning out attributions and correspondences to fit become positively EASY once this hurdle is cleared. These elements are safe enough locked in some dark book, but only become truly empowered (and empowering) when they become part of your own experiential track. This also is Secret, because it isn't obvious, and it isn't easy, and it isn't without risk. Love is the law, love under will. ... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Almost 29 Mar 92 17:27:20 Subject: Enochian Temples UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. -=> Quoting Frater Almost to Azoth <=- FA> I just snagged a copy of "Enochian Temples" today and I am very I've found the visualizations described by Rowe extremely effective in opening oneself to the Tablets, I think primarily because of the intense concentration required to actualize the Temple in all its manifold detail. I haven't worked the Temple system in its entirety, however, so can only speculate on its ultimate conclusion. I, personally, have yet to find a use for Achad's tree, appropriated by Rowe in describing the correspondences involved in his technique. FA> Further, I've been doing some research into Enochianna and have found, FA> much to my utter shock, that it tends to be very potent even when you FA> merely think about it....... For example, the other night I got done Enochiana, taken straight up, no ice, tends to shut down the word/language- based reality-constructing mechanisms of the mind, and, this done, hands one the controls, with a suggestion that humanoid space/time/event appreciation is no longer entirely appropriate.... FA> and, in particular, the word "OIP." I am a Sagitarius and this word How do you feel about 'ARSL'? FA> I began to notice strange cravings to go over _Liber Samkeh_ and to There are any number of things I do with impunity, that I would not dare do without the K&C of my HGA, and very many of those things are of Enochian... FA> start doing other things..... very bizarre things and very sagittarian You might take a look at the _Cincinnati_Journal_, Volume II, Issue VI, 'Book of the Archer', by Ben Rowe. He describes another rather intense visionary technique, whereby one internalizes one's own natal chart, and, after, molds it to purpose. Again, although I haven't worked the technique at length, I can appreciate that developing the intense concentration and clarity of vision required is something of a reward in itself. FA> thought I'd take this time to babble! Pax. 93 :) Babal on, as are all of us, of the school of hard Nox.... Love is the law, love under will. ... Fnords: fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord, fnord. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Darrin Hyrup 29 Mar 92 16:43:50 Subject: Theory of Enochian UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. -=> Quoting Darrin Hyrup to Tony Iannotti <=- DH> That could be. However, I don't see all that much difference between DH> the style of the symbols of Enochian and that of other medieval DH> grimoires. Nor do the sounds of Enochian differ all THAT much from DH> sloppy Hebrew (with a bit of latin and other barberous tongues thrown DH> in.) Perhaps its the combination of both that does it? :) The modes of Enochian pronunciation which are found in most books on the subject are just that: sloppy Hebrew! For a different smoke, try: 1) Vibrate the Enochian in the manner of Tibetan overtone chant, in the intensely bass nasal fashion which commands resonances in subtle parts of the body. 2) Intone the Enochian, sans ersatz Hebrew vowels, with all the inhuman clicking, buzzing and humming that will naturally result. 3) Do 1 and 2 while remaining focused on the corresponding Enochian characters, to the exclusion of all else but the sound and Feel of the tonal expression emanating from one's instrument. 4) Do 1,2 and 3 SLOWLY, taking Time to experience and retain responsibility for one's actions in Calling. It should take many minutes to perform even the shortest Call. That in Enochian which renders it powerful in even the most distorted hybrid forms, may be that it came from the Other side, and Like calls to Like. Love is the law, love under will. ... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718