POINTS OF LIGHT 928 EAST FIFTH STREET VOLUME VI #3 Brooklyn, New York 11230-2116 Copyright 1993 by: Temple of the Eternal Light (718)438-4878 An "Omni-Denominational" Religious Fellowship _____________________________________________________ WELCOME ALL READERS. POINTS OF LIGHT is the monthly newsletter of TEMPLE OF THE ETERNAL LIGHT. It is an open forum for anyone to send in articles, poetry, short, short, stories, advertising or anything else. It has blossomed into a cornucopia of fact, or fantasy relating to modern magickal living, spiritual growth and a network linking all members of our human family by a chain of fellowship. With wishes for Love and L.V.X. Rt. Rev. Jerome Peartree, Publisher Rev. Karen DePolito, Editor ****************************************************************** OPEN INVITATION TO ALL This event is open to both members and non-members. Please call a day in advance and let us know you are coming. SATURDAY, MARCH 20, 1993 at 8:00 P.M. SPRING EQUINOX SABBAT Kindly bring some food and drink! Donation: $1.00(optional) ****************************************************************** An Origin This is the beginning of the eleventh year Temple of the Eternal Light has been in existence, and the sixth year, deemed the second beginning, at this location. Yet the question of why me and the thoughts of what purpose for the Temple still linger. Although no doubt remains, the responsibility accepted years ago, my mind replays the renewal with equal emotion and detail as when it was originally experienced. I had returned to New York from California almost a year ago. My life had taken on a shallow quality. I worked for an old friend and local locksmith. Yet something was missing. In two weeks the harmonic convergence would arrive. I was invited to a Temple board member's home to celebrate its coming. At first I declined, feeling that finances were not readily available. But finally, after much agitation and soul searching, I made up my mind to quit my employment and travel to Massachusetts. On the Friday before my adventure, I told my boss that I was leaving in a week. At first he didn't believe me, but, after I explained my spiritual path, he accepted my impending departure. At that time, I had saved only about $200.00, barely sufficient for the trip. However, the first major mundane miracle occurred the next week. In order to clean up all the security systems I had designed and was in the process of installing, I worked an average of 15 hours daily, so by the day before my travelling, I found myself with an additional $1500.00. Someone wanted me to go. After a few days in Massachusetts, our group travelled to America's Stonehenge in New Hampshire. We spent the night camping, and on the following morning walked to a large field where everyone had gathered to meditate during the Convergence. There were several hundred people, all quiet, all focussed in one direction, all watching the sunrise. It was a time of great peacefulness pervading each of the watchers. The sun's rays cast rainbow-like beams darting in many directions. I felt I could remain here, endlessly tranquil. After several hours and a tour of the rock formations, we returned the van and began our return journey. Nightfall found us in a remote area of Massachusetts. I was conducted to several friends' homes for short visits, then to a field where many tents and teepees were erected. This, I was told, was a gathering of the Rainbow clan. I was led to a large teepee and told to sit inside and wait. The teepee was filled with many large pieces of quartz crystal and illuminated by candlelight. The light picked up by the crystal was reflected throughout the inside of the teepee. I sat in my pseudo-lotus position closed my eyes and, at first, thought I had fallen asleep. I saw myself borne upward on the rays of light until, surrounded by light of many changing colors, I looked downward seeing me sitting below quietly meditating. The parts of myself were linked by a ray of white light so bright, it was almost too bright to view directly. I don't know how long I sat there. It could have been a few minutes or several hours. I felt a light tapping on my shoulder and heard my friend whispering my name, asking me if I was alright. Opening my eyes, I smiled, but couldn't speak. He motioned me to go. I stood upright and stepped out of the teepee. That was an experience, I exclaimed, finding my voice. Later, we travelled to another friend's home and sat inside the upper room of a barn. There were eight of us there. We sat forming a circle while two of our friends began to channel. There was a shifting of the earth as if a minor earthquake had occurred. I thought it was an illusion, but it was felt by all. I heard a voice telling me to return to New York and begin the Temple anew. In two years, the voice stated, you will be able to travel again. At that time, I was sharing an apartment with a set of twins. There was no place for a Temple. Yet within three weeks after I returned, an apartment opened in the basement of the building. I was there, coincidentally (hee! hee!) at the right time, and the apartment was mine. The eight of us who were in the barn became the Board of Trustees and the Temple was born again. Within a month after that, my wonderful Karen (I am biased, prejudiced and in love) came to visit me and returned weekly until .... Well, I chased her and she caught me... With her ideas and our physical effort the Temple was painted and set up as it is today. Why does it exist? Who knows! Does it matter? Not a bit! We are here because we are here because we are here because we are here. Come on by for a visit! JEROME .............................................................................. "The Sacred Hoop" "I am a dinosaur And I am the buffalo I am the plants and the trees and the flowers. The dust of my ancestors is in my bones. The Earth blood flows through me. The Earth gives. The Earth receives. I grow out of the dust Of all the bodies Of my ancestors. They nourish me And give me life. In the Great Circle They are all my relations." -- WARLOCK A FINAL NOTE: Thank you to everyone who contributed to the growth of this Newsletter... Karen and Jerome