From: Kevin Bold Area: Thelema To: Brian Dare 21 May 95 09:53:24 Subject: Liber Resh God Forms UpdReq 93! Actually, I should have called this "Liber Resh and the GD Grade Signs." But I'm sure you and everyone else will get the general drift. *BD> The two versions I was speaking of are: *BD> *BD> Kraig's version (using the Elemental Attributions as in the LBRP): *BD> *BD> Golden Dawn Grade Element God-form Direction *BD> *BD> Theoricus 2=9 Air Shu East *BD> Philosophus 4=7 Fire Thoum-aesch-neith South *BD> Practicus 3=8 Water Auramoth West *BD> Zelator 1=10 Earth Set North *BD> *BD> Crowley's (O.T.O) version (intersection of Samekh/Peh): Actually, it'a an A,',A,', ritual that is popular in the O.T.O. *BD> Sephirah God-form Direction *BD> *BD> Tiphareth Ra East *BD> Netzach Thoum-aesch-neith South *BD> Yesod Shu West *BD> Hod Auramoth North *BD> *BD> Which is strange, because the Noon Adoration uses the same Sign in *BD> either case, the Dawn Adoration Sign in the first is the same as the *BD> Sunset Adoration in the second, the Sign of Sunset in the first is the *BD> Midnight Sign of the Second, and both contain one Sign each that the *BD> other doesn't use. Well, as you rightly observed, Kraig's version uses the elemental assignments of the LBRP, as that made sense to him, and he seems to have done it without blowing off his fingers (astrally speaking). However, remember that Crowley used the signs of the GD/A,',A,', grades of the respective sephiroth, and that Netzach is a Root of Fire, Yesod a Root of Air, and Hod a Root of Water. The elemental assignments of a given operation, if any, depend on what the operation is supposed to do. While it may be confusing at first -- and even at second, third, and so on -- the different assignments of differen rituals are not arbitrary, and will eventually make sense to anyone determined to find the answers. 93--93/93... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718