From: Rose Dawn Area: Thelema To: Christeos Pir 1 Mar 95 09:48:22 Subject: Re: BACKLOG UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Good to see messages coming thru again...Xf, kw it'll hold up for a while! > Dropped by Bapho today, and found some stuff I hadn't seen... I hate when that happens! :/ > Uh... "It's a mystery." };-> > > I dunno, haven't gotten to that page yet. Lessee... > > Yup, you're right. How should I know? You're the IIo, you tell me! But *you're* the Arhat! ;> I'm guessing the Columns in the new _Magick_ were a 'teaser' in prep for an all-new issue of _777, etc._ that we'll all be talking about next year. Hehehe. > I think it has something to do with the initiations? Again, I don't > know. Haven't seen anything other than what's in III:10. Me too neither. Owell--I'll probably Understand when I've taken those pertinent inits, neh? }:> > Yay! She's got that weekend off, so we're cool. (Real cool, the furnace > is messed up and the part won't be here until tomorrow. There's a quick > $750. Ah, the joys of being a homeowner.) Whew! I'm glad Alma won't have to wait. :> You guyz have taken all your other inits togehter, and it'd be a flat bitch to *me* not to be able to talk about it with the person I lived with. I'm glad. Sounds like it's time to holler howdy at everyone's pal Jupiter again, vis furnaces and expensive repairs. ;> > Yup. Finished my pentagrams, started on hexes. Nothing succeeds like > success, they say, and it's amazing how even stuff that seems > irrelevant or outdated can be so effective. I did a whole week of Succeed! Succeed! or was that...exceed! exceed!...and is there any difference? > irrelevant or outdated can be so effective. I did a whole week of SIRP > of Fire, only to find out the very last day that I had been using the > "wrong" god-name. I did notice that the response had been pretty weak, > but had put it down to the Bronchitis. Stuff like that trips me out. Sometimes though, I gotta admit, the 'wrong' way seems to work better for me . It's not just a *bitch*...it's an ADVENTURE! :> > Another case in point: I've never liked the standard GD hex ritual -- > all that outmoded Osiris-dead-or-alive junk. Even Uncle Al said: > > Before what is known as the Equinox of the Gods a little while > ago, there was an initiated Formula which expressed these Ideas > to the Wise. As these Formulas are done with, it is of no > consequence if I reveal them. > > ...and proceeded to give the GD Hexagram ritual. Well, I'm pretty Old Aeon in some ways--I like the standard Hex ritual! Have you heard the "Virgo, Nuit, Holy Mother..." version? I've never been able to get behind the Star Sapphire without a partner, so my daily practices, when they include an LBRP, always include a Lesser Hex. Speaking of the LBRP, it's maintained its popularity at O.T.O. events, least from what I've seen. Ever wonder why more people don't do the Star Ruby in group situations? > So, I'll stick to the "lesson-plan." When I've done all these, I'll > start back up with SR, SS, Phoenix and Reguli. Do you use Unicursal Hexagrams as 'Holy Hexagrams' when you do the SS? How do you 'make the Rosy Cross as {you} may know how'? I dig the Star Ruby bigtime, and had bout completely replaced LBRP's with SR's in my own daily banishings. Been hitting the Burp again since it was getting pathetically rusty. Did you catch the LBRP stuff in the back notes of _Magick_...how we're spozed to 'touch the heart in silent invocation' and not say Aiwass? One of the NOX signs is different from the way I've always done it too...learning a lot from that new book! I'll ttyl...good luck to you and Alma on your upcoming ordeal! }:D > - Vitriol -Arati- Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: Thelema To: All 1 Mar 95 00:36:20 Subject: Thelemic Golden Dawn UpdReq T.'. G.'. D.'. THELEMIC GOLDEN DAWN (NOVUS ORDO AURORA AUREA) Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. There is now established in the world a New Order of the Golden Dawn! It is a Magickal-Religious-Scientific Order dedicated to the teachings of Aleister Crowley. The chief function of the Order is to assist in the initiation of aspirants into the Magickal Life of Thelema. To achieve this we offer various services, such as Group and Self-Initiation Ceremonies, Classes, Correspondence Lessons and Newsletters. There is no charge for classes or initiations. For more information write to: The Thelemic Golden Dawn 1626 N. Wilcox Ave. #418 Los Angeles, CA 90028 USA Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: Thelema To: Rose Dawn 2 Mar 95 02:55:40 Subject: Hex rits UpdReq -=> Quoting Rose Dawn to The Cegorach <=- RD> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> RD> Hiya Ceg, nice to see you posting again. :> See me previous post to Josh. Though I didn't post much under my other handle, I *did* post. Sheesh. And it wasn't just in the sysop echoes (to Sis) either. > Wanna go for the hex rits this time? :> RD> Sure thang. Can't think of anything funny to say about the Hex rits RD> either though! Or were we going to get into ::GASP!:: serious RD> discussion? ;> Oh, c'mon. Remember Ultima II? Every Wizard said, "Hex-ee-poo, hex on you!" Oh, not that kind of hexes? O:) RD> Hmm...actually, on the amusing side, there's the whole 'cheerleader' RD> thang _vis_ the Lesser Hex, but that's been done to death already. If RD> we're gonna talk seriously about em, we could try the 'Thelemic RD> version' of the Lesser Hex, talk about the Star Sapphire, or get real RD> basic with unicursal hex's vs. elemental hex's...or something else RD> entirely. As an indication that this is really me, and not my evil twin, I'll say my favorite thing to blather about is these "basic rits". Of all the various topics in THELEMA, my favorites have been the "basic rits" discussions. Thus, I'd *love* to talk about the hexagram rituals, either vanilla Golden Dawn or Thelemic, or both, or neither. Mu. RD> Howwzit been for you lately? Still out-of-yer-mind busy? Pretty much. At least we have another workaholic manager at the store I'm at, so I'm no longer alone. :) As for the actual hexagram rituals...I don't have as much experience with them as with the pents (and we're still talking not very much in that department, too); I don't seem to "grok" them quite as much. Actually, I suppose it's because I don't grok the whole "planetary"/"macrocosmic" thang as of yet. I know what it is, and have a basic understanding of what it's supposed to be/do (doo doo be doo), but it still feels like an armchair perspective, a non-gnostic understanding. For that matter, I'm not 100% on my pents. But at least they feel "hip" and not "alien". I feel somewhat, um--out of place? doing the hexes...or like there's something I'm just not "getting". Larry The Laughing God (BTW--whatever happened to Kayla? I've heard from her via Internet, but when I returned from the four-month net-hiatus, she was nowhere to be seen....) ... Is not the starry heaven shaken as a leaf at the tremulous rapture? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718