From: Tim Maroney Area: Thelema To: Kevin Bold 24 Jan 95 12:31:18 Subject: Re: MEMBERSHIP IN OTO UpdReq TM> I have a certain concern about the common usage of the term TM> "troublemaker" in the Order in general, and more specifically TM> in a body whose very name seems to suggest an admiration for TM> "troublemakers" -- "Whiskey Rebellion Camp." If Crowley hadn't TM> been a troublemaker, we wouldn't have a tradition now. If TM> Christianity says "blessed are the peacemakers," perhaps we TM> should say "blessed are the troublemakers" -- for they are the TM> ones willing to take the risks and push forward beyond the TM> edge of consensus. KB> As for WRC's name, the Whiskey Rebellion wasn't about making KB> trouble. It was about not taking any crap from the government. We really are failing to communicate here. Of course refusing to take crap from the government -- whether that government is the USA, the USSR, or the O.T.O. for that matter -- is making trouble. More power to it! As for your new list of personality failings and crimes of the hated "troublemakers" to whom you have denied initiation, I can only say that it is a change of course. Before, their only motivation was to "make trouble for the Order." Instead, now they're egotistical, manipulative, and indiscreet -- a different litany of complaints and an incompatible psychological explanation for their behavior. It seems to me that in your mind, these people are fair game for any and all criticism. In short, you've demonized them. I am even less convinced now that your original description of their motivations was correct. Tim Maroney 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718