From: Michelle Hass Area: Thelema To: Joseph Max 24 Dec 94 16:38:06 Subject: Lord Of The Bees UpdReq JM>It's one of those fundy assaults on the occult in rock-n-roll and of course JM>it stars AC as the progenitor of the decline of Western Civilization (so JM>what's the problem?). I've seen a few of these over time but this one is the JM>most blatant in accusing Crowley of being a Satanist and of saying "Do what JM>thou wilt" is the first commandment of Satanism. Gott in himmel...not another one of those! JM>" II. "First Method." Let the Exempt Adept first train himself to think JM>backwards by external means, as set forth here following. --- JM> (a) Let him learn to write backwards, with either hand. JM> (b) Let him learn to walk backwards. JM> (c) Let him constantly watch, if convenient, cinematograph JM> films, and listen to phonograph records, reversed, JM> and let him so accustom himself to these that they JM> appear natural and appreciable as a whole." JM>-the 'expert' commentator explains that this reference is the command from JM>which 'backmasking' (or backward masking) originates. Nobody tells you that this is part of a psychological/psychic experiment where you go backward through your life, then through other previous existences, to learn the thread of your karma. Typical fundie garbaggio. JM>And that Satan's primary law is-Do What Thou Wilt, which, we are told, is JM>what is meant by Billy Idol in "Dancing with Myself". "Heh heh...he's talking about spanking your monkey!" -- Beavis "Uh huh huh huh huh...I detect masturbatory overtones..." -- Butt-Head That's far less of a stretch than these fundies seem to be making...all together now, sing along with Beavis and Butt-Head... "Playing with myself! Playing with myself!" JM>write to: JM>Peaceway Productions JM>POB 9064 JM>Austin, TX 78766 JM>or call JM>512-346-6771 I suspect that the people involved with this are followers of Rev. Texe Marrs, who has been one of the most virulent "Ghostbuster" ministers... anti-Pagan, anti-Thelemite, anti-Rock N' Roll, anti-any religion that isn't fundamentalist Protestant Christianity. That address seems familiar to me. Then again, "the womb is most fruitful from whence this one crawled" -- Berthold Brecht, "The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui." One last thing to make you have trouble sleeping...the new Republican-majority House is now looking at proposing a nationwide Prop 187-style ordinance which would deny federal benefits to not only illegal aliens, but legal immigrants who aren't 65 or older or certified as political refugees. Do you hear the sound of jackboots in the distance? Hoor protect us from this crap! 93, --.\\<-H-- michelle.hass@ledge.com * SLMR 2.1a * Orange County's treasurer used a Pentium computer! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Brian Watts Area: Thelema To: JOSEPH MAX 23 Dec 94 21:35:00 Subject: Lord Of The Bees UpdReq 93 JOSEPH! JM> from Queen- JM> "Start to smoke marijuana." ROTFL...L JM> And that Satan's primary law is-Do What Thou Wilt, which, we are told, JM> is what is meant by Billy Idol in "Dancing with Myself". JM> JM> To which, the final analogy of the dance of the bees-when a bee learns JM> the wrong dance it flies out in search of the honey but can't find it JM> and it dies from exhaustion in the search-get it? Hadn't heard that one before. Still strikes me as stupid. And I have my doubts as to if, "dancing with himself" was really Idyl's true Will. JM> Now I know that there is a general disagreement about whether Crowley JM> WAS a REAL Satanist or not but I think even those of you who ARE JM> Satanists (maybe particularly Satanists) should be alarmed by the JM> increase in distribution and the degree of misrepresentation present in JM> these Christian diatribes. Virtually nothing of any sense or importance JM> EVER gets on TV concerning Crowley and Thelema-and now that Christian JM> groups are sponsoring shows wherein they liberaly quote and then mangle JM> the ideas of AC these insipid vomitoriums are the only sources a lot of JM> people have for an 'introduction' to Thelemic thought. Well, just look at the track record of institutional Christianity in the USA. Oh and I thought everyone's introduction to Thelemic thought was their friend's copy of the _Book_of_Thoth_. I guess that was just me. ;> JM> I think you should view the tape (partly for laughs, partly for JM> concern)- and then do what you can to 'help' our Christian brothers and JM> sisters in their 'work'. JM> JM> write to: JM> JM> Peaceway Productions JM> POB 9064 JM> Austin, TX 78766 JM> JM> or call JM> JM> 512-346-6771 How much does it cost? JM> And I'm sure than nobody intends on doing anything like this BUT I JM> think it would be a good idea NOT to call them up and call them JM> fuckheads, even though they obviously are, but rather be incredibly JM> sweet and nice to them while ordering as many free copies of anything JM> they offer as is possible-you know for your new church in Le Bosom, JM> Lousiana, or whatever that could sure use a nice shot in the arm with a JM> 1000 free copies of that wonderful Hell's Bell's. I doubt they will JM> send them but it will keep them up at nights worrying over the fact JM> they can't adequately respond to all their Christian pals who will now, JM> no doubt, descend into the lap of Satan. Oh well, you were headed there JM> anyway. JM> Happy video watching Thanx JM> ... You can do anything thou wilt at Aleister's Restaurant. Stolen, in accordance with my Will of course 93 93/93/93/93/93 ... KLEIN BOTTLE FOR RENT. Inquire within. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718